It's a rap...2017 Review

I'm a fan of milf but using this as a measuring stick of his season is flawed.

He literally could have played 6 good games out of the 17-18 he played for us this season and been quiet/bad for the remainder, which is what most people's issue with him is.

Watch the 2017 Broncos tries vid and you’ll see why he polled 17 Dally M points. He is all over it. Sure it’s a snapshot of a season and he is a half so he should be but he dominates our try scoring opportunities.

Now I’m pretty sure all of us want more from him, but even with half a season with a bung shoulder he still more than pulled his weight (no easy feat obviously...) within the team.

Yeah I thought Milford was really good this season with a really unsettled spine all year long, I think every player that was in the spine was very good. Apart from Darius Boyd, probably he's worst year since debuting.. but again he's worst year is still in the top 5 fullbacks in the league.

Hunt said that he would love to come back to the broncos one day in his post game interview

LOL, he ain't coming back

If he loved the club and wanted to finish there he could have stayed for less (don't blame him for going but choices have consequences)

By the time he is done with St Choke he will be too old to worry about bringing back

And yeah sure they might release him early, but chances are that's only going to happen if he isn't playing top footy, in which case we don't him

Matt Gillett, caps off a brilliant year winning Second Rower of the year. If Boyd retires, he'd be my captain.
Everyone knows how big a fan of Gillo I am. I mean, he can have my babies... and I'd even have his!

Still, while in terms of attitude, you couldn't have a better captain, in terms of footy smarts and ability to rally the team, I've prefer Macca with Glenn as his 2IC.

Everyone knows how big a fan of Gillo I am. I mean, he can have my babies... and I'd even have his!

Still, while in terms of attitude, you couldn't have a better captain, in terms of footy smarts and ability to rally the team, I've prefer Macca with Glenn as his 2IC.

So your a chick?

After a post like that I am not sure you should be criticizing Rothfield.

Every side has its advantages and disadvantages.

The TV viewings is circular, the more you are on tv, the more fans you will get, the higher your ratings will be. Canberra would be one of the lowest rating sides on tv now, but that wasnt the case in the early 90s, its just what happens after you get left of tv schedules for 20 years.

The NRL should always show the best product (best game) on TV to attract people to the game, not go for short term ratings, which is what the channel nine does. I am sure this will start to change a little bit as the NRL takes more control of the tv schedule.

To compare yourself to melbourne is farcical, in an AFL city competing with 10 odd other AFL franchises to an NRL city which has one other garbage AFL franchise.

Ask any businessman where would you prefer to open a new RL franchise melbourne or brisbane 9/10 would tell you brisbane.

I agree brisbane do more travelling then Sydney sides, but so does every outside of sydney side.

NZ squad isnt better then brisbanes. Brisbane has a very very good squad (imo like canberra) and imo like canberra this year they fell short on coaching. Atleast they didnt fall as far short as canberra did.

Agree there is some degree of positive and negative feedback loops re televised games and therefore wealth should be spread but less popular clubs aren't going to pull the same number of viewers as the Broncos and payments should reflect this fact to a degree. Salespeople on commission don't get to say to boss I deserve the same as someone who sells twice as much because they sell in a slower store. If you want more then you sell more, get a transfer or get a new job. We don't want a situation where clubs move all the time but we do need a few Sydney clubs to die or move, competition is best and fairest way to do that.

It also comes down to what type of football you play. If you play low quality or boring football then less of your own fans and less neutrals will watch so you deserve to get less rewards. Once again feedback loops but sorry that is how the world works. If you succeed you get more, if you fail you should get less. Without those basic incentives we get stagnation like we have now.

Milford won our most dally m points (17). Dally m's are an absolute joke (hunt missing out to dce in 2014 and the fact we had 1 winner in the 90's-early 00's despite our dominance are both signs that some clubs just don't pole well with certain reporters (weird that isn't it)), but surely this indicates that his season was nowhere near as bad as some people are making out...

The two Rothmans Medals were always a bigger deal and more important.

Like this, but less Arnie and more Danny ;)

Juniorposter.jpg
Danny's head on Arnie's body... :p

Overachieved by finishing third and making the prelim. That has glossed over what has otherwise been a pretty meh season. It doesn't really feel that much different to last year, finishing 5th then bowing out with a whimper. The heartbreak of 2015 does seem to have really taken it out of our squad in terms of desire. History won't do Hunt any favors amongst Brisbane fans. He cost us a premiership, failed to deliver one in redemption and leaves the club for the payday leaving behind a mentally weakened team. CYA.

Disappointed in Milf. Yes he is injured, and I am giving him the benefit of the doubt in that regard, but considering his value and capabilities he is way under where he should be. He really does need a game manager next to him, but is Taylor really that person? We know Nikorima isn't, for all his talent. Troubling times in our halves ahead it seems.

Which brings me to our pack. The glory days of Webby and Civo seem so long ago now. Our pack has been undersized and outmuscled for way too long. McGuire is a freak, but he can't do it all on his own. Pangai Jr and Joe O are coming along really nicely but they aren't quite where we want them just yet. Let's hope they continue to improve because we need them to be quality going forward and frankly in a hurry.

Boyd as Captain; I really don't know about this. Everyone says he is a changed man after making his demons public, but is that really the case? I watch his body language on field, especially when we're under the pump and it far from screams leadership to me. More like that friend everyone had on the school oval who gets the shits and sulks when the team he was randomly put with can't perform. The fact that Bennett is clearly coddling him doesn't help the situation either. What I wouldn't give to be a confidant of Bennett's to try and get inside his head on this one.

Overall, I went into the season with mild optimism and walk out with something close to mild skepticism. We haven't recruited all that well, Bird doesn't seem like the all providing Sage that Cronulla like to paint him as, the Lodge situation is still up in the air (the NRL won't do us any favors, despite us being about 50% of the reason they're managing to stay afloat at all), and we have players on a big chunk of cap who aren't living up to it at this time. The Henjak/Griffin era has truly left our club in a sorry state. Letting Bennett walk in the first place has ultimately become a disastrous decision that has weakened the clubs position in the comp.

Before Bennett left, we missed out on a 2nd premiership in 2 years by one massive Sims **** up and nothing more. Who would be saying our dynasty is over now if that had happened?

5/10 season. Save us, Kevvie.
We need a couple of forwards and an organising half. I have filled in a couple of positions so far but my side isn't complete:
1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Darius Boyd
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Jack Bird
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Korbin Sims (need a better option)
9. Andrew McCullough
10. ??? Matt Lodge
11. Alex Glenn (any better options???)
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

Thaiday is banished to Qld Cup unless he sheds nearly 10kgs on his current weight!

We need a couple of forwards and an organising half. I have filled in a couple of positions so far but my side isn't complete:
1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Darius Boyd
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Jack Bird
7. Kodi Nikorima
9. Andrew McCullough
10. ???
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

Thaiday is banished to Qld Cup unless he sheds nearly 10kgs on his current weight!
you lost me at fullback, I stopped reading the post

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Darius Boyd
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Jack Bird
7. Kodi Nikorima
9. Andrew McCullough
10. ???
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

Thats your team you would like but realistically it will end up like this

1. Boyd/Kahu (If Boyd doesn't continue to play)
2. oates
3. Roberts
4. Opacic/Bird
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Niko/Ash (if he signs most likely he wont sign)
8. Sims
9. Macca
10. Lodge/ Mcguire
11. Glenn
12. Gillet
13. McGuire/Bird (if Bird doesn't go to centre he will go lock probally

you lost me at fullback, I stopped reading the post

Maybe a scrolling banner across the top of the webpage -

MILFORD IS NOT GOING TO PLAY FULLBACK UNDER WAYNE BENNETT, PERIOD!

Just as a reminder to those who don’t seem to be able to come to grips with this concept even though he hasn’t played there even when Boyd has been injured / absent?

Maybe a scrolling banner across the top of the webpage -

MILFORD IS NOT GOING TO PLAY FULLBACK UNDER WAYNE BENNETT, PERIOD!

Just as a reminder to those who don’t seem to be able to come to grips with this concept even though he hasn’t played there even when Boyd has been injured / absent?
MILFORD WILL NOT WIN US A PREMIERSHIP AT 5/8TH, PERIOD!!

MILFORD WILL NOT WIN US A PREMIERSHIP AT 5/8TH, PERIOD!!

Why? He was the best player in the 2015 grand final. People are getting carried away with his performances this year. Lets see what he can do with his shoulder fixed and a good break behind him. Next years is a defining one for him imo.

Unread

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.