NEWS "It's finals or fail" - Adam Reynolds

Wait what? Through the fog of sleep deprivation I can't tell if you're serious or taking the piss here.

It’s a bit of both. I obviously know they started with us but then left, so were both big names when we got them back.

Big names signed from down south:

Lazarus
Darren Smith
Mundine
Bird
Ikin
Folau
Clinton haha
Hodges
Capewell
Ennis
Julian O’Neill?
Milford
Barba
Blair
Boyd
Priddis
Chris Johns?
Kevin walters
Stuart Kelly -not sure if he was a big name at Parramatta

Out of all those names mentioned Reynolds is the best signing when you take in what the team needs and has needed for the past 11 years. Majority of those names were 'luxury buys'.

Kevin walters

Out of all those names mentioned Reynolds is the best signing when you take in what the team needs and has needed for the past 11 years. Majority of those names were 'luxury buys'.

Stu Kelly is a fair shout, he definitely came with wraps on him and some achievements. Was Kevvie a star when he came to us? I always thought he was a promising youngster but I wasn't around then.

Kevin walters

Lazarus. He was the missing piece to our premierships

. Was Kevvie a star when he came to us? I always thought he was a promising youngster but I wasn't around then.

Made his QLD debut in 1989. came to us in 1990

In the pre-season after having a few seasons without a noted game organiser and then suddenly getting one of the best in the business, yeah it could be a huge signing.. but there's a reality to it as well.

The reality is that if Reynolds cops some sort of injury that rules him out for an extended period, he's not as great of a signing as we all would have liked him to be and that's just the harsh reality of it. I know the argument is that his professionalism around the club will be valuable but not valuable to the extent of what we are paying him, he needs to be out there performing most weeks.

Probably visit this discussion in 8 months time and we will know if it was a great signing, right now as we sit in the pre-season having not played a game, yeah sure, it's easy to say he's going to be a great signing.

Made his QLD debut in 1989. came to us in 1990
Kevie was also the Raiders rookie of the year in 1987 and played in their grand final. He won Broncos player of the year in 1990(considering the drama at the club with Wally quite the achievement at the time) and also made the kangaroo Tour that same year.

As for Stuart Kelly, solid first grader but I tend to think people overplay the state of origin card at times and his appearance which only occured in 1997, a split competition year. I've seen better players not play SOO or rep football at all.

Stu Kelly is a fair shout, he definitely came with wraps on him and some achievements. Was Kevvie a star when he came to us? I always thought he was a promising youngster but I wasn't around then.

Kevvie wasn’t a star by any stretch. Played one Origin off the bench and came on for Lewis in game three for the last couple of minutes.

He had a thing with Sheens in 89 and wasn’t playing first grade. Took the chance to come home.

Kevie was also the Raiders rookie of the year in 1987 and played in their grand final. He won Broncos player of the year in 1990(considering the drama at the club with Wally quite the achievement at the time) and also made the kangaroo Tour that same year.

As for Stuart Kelly, solid first grader but I tend to think people overplay the state of origin card at times and his appearance which only occured in 1997, a split competition year. I've seen better players not play SOO or rep football at all.
Played SOO by default more than anything......

Yeh I think as far as Benny was concerned you may be right there. I never saw him as a real 'big name' though and considered him inexplicably overrated. My memory is deteriorating fast, and the last real big name I think we have had come up from down south was Lazzo. At the time Choc Mundine's move was also in that category but they were turbulent times back then.
He was a NSW Origin incumbent, a premiership winner, and was all over the news with multiple clubs including us, chucking massive amounts of cash at him. Like many he seemed a luxury signing for the Bronx to me, as we didn’t need a near $1m a year centre, but given the above there is little doubt he was a ‘big name’ at that time.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Wild Horse
  • Lozza
  • Johnny92
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrRobot
  • Astro
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
  • Dash
  • Behold
  • BooKhaki
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.