It's not 6-Nil

The Bennett stuff is absolutely nothing. Of course he's going to say his players are good enough for Origin, what good coach wouldn't. That's media BS at best.

he does have questionable loyalties, always throwing his dragons players names up in the air to NSW selectors saying theyd be the best at shutting down inglis etc.

i dont even think its questionable - hes just for sale to the highest bidder, no loyalties whatsoever.
I disagree with you in pretty much everything, including Bennett's coaching ability and importance at the Broncos, but I tend to agree with your stance regarding his loyalties.

It is however not a criticism in the same way I didn't criticise Folau for his defection to Gayfl.

I don't doubt his allegiance to Qld though, and he'll probably just stop short of coaching NSW, although he wasn't too shy to help NZ pinch the world cup from under our nose either.

I disagree with you in pretty much everything, including Bennett's coaching ability and importance at the Broncos, but I tend to agree with your stance regarding his loyalties.

It is however not a criticism in the same way I didn't criticise Folau for his defection to Gayfl.

I don't doubt his allegiance to Qld though, and he'll probably just stop short of coaching NSW, although he wasn't too shy to help NZ pinch the world cup from under our nose either.

His loyalty is to rugby league.

IMO: His loyalty is to whoever gives him the biggest pay cheque.

You and Kaz and AP show very little respect. Quite disgraceful.

Really... Care to elaborate?

I don't recall calling him a figure head, or in any way dished his professional ability, or been ungrateful for his legacy at the Broncos.

Cullen is not innocent in his departure from the Broncos, but the writing was on the wall after the Roosters defection became public.

Now he had a chance to return to the Broncos, but clearly chose his own interests first, and I really don't blame him for it. How could I?

Is that disrespect?

Oh Please.

Just because I have said he is just after the money.

I recall him saying, I will go to a team for the challenge.

ummm, IMO Souths were the challenge, Newcastle weren't.

Both teams just happen to have multi millionaires as owners. (he went to the team that offered the most money.)

I lost a bit of respect for him when he lied & said, the story about the Roosters job was lies. (His motto was be true to yourself & never lie etc)

Hey Kaz, did you know that Chris Sandow isn't an aboriginal?

You believe everything you read so I thought you might believe that.

he does have questionable loyalties, always throwing his dragons players names up in the air to NSW selectors saying theyd be the best at shutting down inglis etc.

i dont even think its questionable - hes just for sale to the highest bidder, no loyalties whatsoever.

LOL you seriously think he does that because he thinks they can shut him down? He does it to make selectors think that 'oh yeah Gaz def has the wood over GI, let's pick him" or "Beau Scott is definitely the man to shut GI down," but he knows that they can't.

Then... what's his motivation? He wants to lose his stars for 3 weeks of the year?

Maybe because if his players have Origin experience that it will come in handy for finals footy later in the year?

Then... what's his motivation? He wants to lose his stars for 3 weeks of the year?

Blokes a genius... Losing stars for 3 weeks of the year and risking long term injury is the key to winning a premiership....

Bennett like everyone is loyal to his pocket and the long term benefit of himself and his family, yes he loves league we all do..

But why did he jump to the Knights?

Bennett's loyalty, from what I know, has always stood firm with his family, and his disabled child, and making sure that when he's gone, that child can still be cared for with the money he has earnt.

If that's disloyal to QLD, the Broncos, or whoever, I don't give a rats ass.

He doesn't spend his money on houses, the greatest cars, new boats, etc.

And it the Knights aren't a challenge, then I would love to see what Knights team people have been watching play football the past few years.

Bennett's loyalty, from what I know, has always stood firm with his family, and his disabled child, and making sure that when he's gone, that child can still be cared for with the money he has earnt.

If that's disloyal to QLD, the Broncos, or whoever, I don't give a rats ass.

He doesn't spend his money on houses, the greatest cars, new boats, etc.

And it the Knights aren't a challenge, then I would love to see what Knights team people have been watching play football the past few years.
As I said previously, I don't mind at all that he chose the money, especially for the reasons you mention, which I believe will be Wayne's main motivators alongside a thirst for success.

But the reason he chose the knights is because although he will still have to manage within the cap, he will be able to surround himself with the best of the best in terms of personel and infrastructure, supported by Tinkler's millions.
So the challenge story in true, only in the sense that he wanted to give himself the best chance to achieve the goal of premierships with 3 different clubs. Probably not achievable at lol@souffs, even for him!

Sure he loves the game, but he loves his legacy more.

Agreed. Don't take my post as having a go at you or anything.

Another thing. Would you want to coach Souths? It's not just a career Enders for players down there! Hahaaaa

LOL? How are the KNIGHTS not a challenge? Also - show me the money? Please - both clubs would have offered him enough. We can only speculate but I highly doubt the money difference was 'monumental'. From media reports he has incentives, and I reckon that is a great initiative, bonus pay for results? I see nothing wrong with that, and I wouldn't mind seeing it in the future! Rather than sacking coaches, base salary = 200k, 50K bonus top 8, 100K bonus top 4 etc etc. I think it is brilliant.

Knights or Rabbits, it doesn't matter, both teams would have paid him well, been a challenge and something totally different for him.

Meanwhile how amazing was Carlaw's try in 2002. 40 metre run, beating two players.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Shane Tronc
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.