It's not fair! Broncos get preferential treatment

I might've gone to far saying equal coverage I should've said enough coverage to make the fans without Foxtel happy. Some clubs have very little sponsorship and viewing numbers because they play in the ordinary time slots and have little coverage on 9.

I believe they need to find a better way to share the coverage but at the same time it sounds like your blaming 9's scheduling for the downfall of these struggling clubs when in reality it's just one of many factors.

Even if 9 shared the coverage around, it'd just mean that we'd have a ton of delayed Friday night games at 9:30 which drag on and on and on. Chances are too that it'd be the 5th choice game, so it'd be something like Parramatta vs. Canberra - that'll put butts on seats.

If anything, the one club that hasn't received enough FTA coverage isn't even from Queensland or NSW - it's Melbourne. Yet, you hear very little complaining coming from them.

Last edited:
Ideally, I believe an average week of NRL footy would look like this...

Friday 7:30 - Game of the Round

Super Saturday
5:30pm
7:30pm
7:30pm

Sunday
2:00pm
2:00pm
4:00pm

Monday (personally not a fan, but don't hate it enough to get rid of it)
7:00pm

All games live across Channel 9 and Fox Sports.

Not disagreeing with your schedule (although i personally enjoy the 2 games on a Fri night) but if you took out the 2nd Fri night game which 3rd game would you throw to Ch9?

How would you handle the 2 competing games on Sat 7.30pm and Sun 2pm if you wanted all games live?

I'm fine with Super Saturday the way it is, fans have the choice between the two games and can choose to watch the latter later if they so choose.

Sunday would be back to back live games on 9 and IMO would be more appealing than the current Friday night format. The Friday night games feel very long and drawn out, usually due to the prolonged ad breaks and the time of day in which they're played. Both problems would be reduced on that Sunday time slot.

I like the Fri night games as I find it a nice way to wind down after the work week. I agree that the 2nd game can be a chore if it is a dud game by half time.The fear of one game back on Fri night is reverting back to the 8.30 time slot. Frigging hated waiting til 8.30 to catch some footy.I feel like I already get the back to back Sunday games through the 2pm fox game then the 4pm ch9 game.

I'm not a fan of delayed telecasts in general - the second Friday and 9 Sunday are games that I tend to skip over and wait for a replay on Fox if need be.

Even as a fan so many games on Friday night really gives me the shits. There are plenty of other clubs who play entertaining footy (arguably more entertaining than us) who can pull great ratings and enough cash for 9 together their hands on.

Just proves money talks

It's got nothing to do with money, the broncos don't want so many Friday night games, so if money talked they would get their way.

The broncos rate so well for one simple reason, you either love them or hate them. Regardless of form Nein know that will get massive ratings by playing us because for every broncos fan watching there is a hater watching hoping we lose

I still find it hard to believe how some fans don't choose the Broncs as their favourite side.

Haha me too. I mean what the **** is wrong with them?

I'm in the weird situation where I prefer Saturday night games purely due to the fact that I live in the UK. Both Friday and Monday night games are on during work hours and Sunday afternoon games are on at 3am.

While I agree that it's a benefit to have games scheduled for every Friday night, we also don't get the longer turn around a team playing a Friday to the following Sunday would have. A small benefit but it still exists.

As for us "stealing away" other players, unfortunately that's the modern game. I'd love if every one of our players were a Bronco junior but it's just not going to happen. Look at the 2013 premiers and how many of their star players were bought (SBW, Maloney, Jennings).

No mention of them stealing TLL those years back.

Exactly Sproj. Last year there were more players in our starting lineup that played Junior Footy for the club than any other team and yet we are the assholes that buy everyone. Whatever, let them whinge, they can cry more about it when we win P7.

Being a Sydney based Broncos supporter I hate the Broncos playing nearly every Friday night as 99%
of the time it's always the second game, I would much prefer a Sunday arvo . Working a shift that starts @ 10pm sucks balls.

The Broncos haven't made any big name signings in years, meanwhile other clubs have been doing it for so long and no one seems to be complaining about it. Just look at the rapid rise of the sharks. Sucks how blatantly ignorant some people can be. If you wana complain go post on a Roosters forum. $1 million won them a premiership in SBW. I personally think it's great that we made some great QUEENSLANDER signings. BRISBANE BRONCOS TILL THE DAY I DIE!!!!!

Re: Mundine wants the broncos to sign ferguson! Thoughts?

Hey Chriss, Tell me a point I made which was incorrect? I love the game of Rugby League and can't stand the way the Brisbane Broncos are dictating the game and destroying my passion. A City of over a million with 1 teamand with constant Friday night games at disadvantage of most other teams. Its a disgrace. Defend it! How is it fair?

FWIW, it's over 2 million...

Re: Mundine wants the broncos to sign ferguson! Thoughts?

FWIW, it's over 2 million...
"The Brisbane Broncos are destroying my passion" !!! Bahahahahahaha!
I bet this bloke screams, "Leave Britney alone!" in his spare time.

Apparently, if Channel 10 had won the rights they would have shown 4 live games every week!

Instead we get 1 live game and 2 delayed games on free-to-air. It's a disgrace.

If we are still watching delayed sport in the year 2017 then Channel 9 might as well be living in 1950.

I believe if Channel 10 had received the rights they so desperately wanted, we'd be seeing a lot more Saturday-night Broncos matches.

Apparently, if Channel 10 had won the rights they would have shown 4 live games every week!

Instead we get 1 live game and 2 delayed games on free-to-air. It's a disgrace.

If we are still watching delayed sport in the year 2017 then Channel 9 might as well be living in 1950.

I believe if Channel 10 had received the rights they so desperately wanted, we'd be seeing a lot more Saturday-night Broncos matches.

This makes me sad. That is all.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • Culhwch
  • Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.