Ivan, Ivan, Ivan

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I was wrong, what you have done with the young kids at the Broncos is nothing short of amazing. Your a bloody damn good coach. You deserve some praise because what you have done this season with our squad is awesome.

icon_thumbs_u icon_thumbs_u

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
good to see you can admit when you are wrong icon_thumbs_u

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Mate Ivan deserves some credit, what he has done is bloody amazing.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
yeah i agree, it was always going to be a tough ask for him this year with the amount of young, inexperienced kids in our side.

also it seems as if he doesn't over coach these young guys and wants them to play their natural game, which i really like.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
They mentioned tonight that Gillet, Teo and Glen wernt told when they needed to switch and change. Ivan left it up to them which i thought was a good idea. No dobuting he has done a awsome job this year

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Yup, happy to admit I was wrong here as well. The way he has turned us around after our slump and the fact he did it with a such a young side speaks volumes. Great effort.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I've always been a fan of Henjak. He took us to within one game of the grand final last year and, as everyone else has mentioned, he's gotten a lot out of a young side.

The big challenge is to maintain the consistency over the next few weeks.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Mea culpa also. No matter what the rest of this season brings, I owe Henjak a big apology for thinking he wouldn't cut the mustard.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I am eagerly awaiting Fozz's response to this thread. :P

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Have never bagged Henjak, although I must admit during our slump last season when it looked like we weren't trying, my resolve was tested. Congrats to him in doing such a great job.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
I am eagerly awaiting Fozz's response to this thread. :P

Well, he's turned it around so I'll give him credit for that. I still think there some improvement to be done so Ivan isn't out of the woods yet. [icon_razz1

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
I don't think I've bagged Ivan here before, if so I apologise too. There have been times I've cursed the leaving of Bennett just because there is no one better, but that's not a reflection on Ivan. I have definitely bagged the players from time to time over the last year and a half. The coach doesn't drop balls, miss tackles, and run on to the field with a who cares attitude to the game and the Broncos jersey. Their collective attitude in the early part of this season has cost the team big time, they should be challenging for the minor premiership but with 4 rounds to go they still could miss the 8 despite their great form at the moment.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
In he rides on his high horse because he has never bagged a player or coach.. STFU your an a grade tool.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
This is a perfect example. This is what I've been talking about. People on BHQ are too quick to jump the gun when things go wrong with the coach, team or a particular player. They put the boot in and write the player , coach or team off and then others come (rightly so) and say that some people jump the gun too quickly then those people get critised! LOLZ.

If people just allowed the players, coach and the team as a whole, time to prove themselves then it wouldn't be so funny when we have threads like this saying "Sorry Ivan...I was wrong."

You sound like a know-it-all lefty tosser! Just shut up and vote green already ;-)

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Good on ya Beadsy, you wear your heart on your sleeve and it always makes for interesting conversation.

Big congratulations to Ivan this season. I didn't think he could do anything with this season but he's surprised me greatly and that win against Melbourne will go down as one of the best wins in the club's history.

Now, there's four more games to go and I don't know about you but I want to see the Broncos give it a real shake this September!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I've been a fan of Henjak, he took over a job that was always going to have the most scrutiny of any coaching gig in the game by taking over from the most successful coach in rugby league history. I really liked the way he turned us around after that humiliating defeat to the Raiders last year, and with the amount of kids in our team we were always going to be in consistent. i think he has done a really good job bringing these young players along.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
This is a perfect example. This is what I've been talking about. People on BHQ are too quick to jump the gun when things go wrong with the coach, team or a particular player. They put the boot in and write the player , coach or team off and then others come (rightly so) and say that some people jump the gun too quickly then those people get critised! LOLZ.

If people just allowed the players, coach and the team as a whole, time to prove themselves then it wouldn't be so funny when we have threads like this saying "Sorry Ivan...I was wrong."

BUT, at least there are some people who are willing to admit they were wrong. Others just keep looking for excuses.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • barker
  • Dash
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • The Strapper
  • Ondi
  • mystico
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • TimWhatley
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.