Ivan, Ivan, Ivan

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Yeah news.ltd have the article saying "senior players don't want him".

Phew. [eusa_clap.gi

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
You people don't want Stuart because you're all so anti-nsw.

I don't want Stuart cause he is a douchebag and I do not believe he will do anything to benefit the culture at our club. I would not object to Smith, Anderson, Matterson, Gould as coaches of the Broncos - all from NSW. Heck I am even one of the few Henjak supporters - he is also from NSW.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If we are to replace Henjak I want Matterson to be the coach.

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
Flutterby said:
The Rock said:
You people don't want Stuart because you're all so anti-nsw.

I don't want Stuart cause he is a douchebag and I do not believe he will do anything to benefit the culture at our club. I would not object to Smith, Anderson, Matterson, Gould as coaches of the Broncos - all from NSW. Heck I am even one of the few Henjak supporters - he is also from NSW.

i knew there was something......... ok something ELSE i didn't like about henjak

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Leading Brisbane Broncos players have sought assurances Ricky Stuart will not be at the club next season amid fresh speculation he is set to replace besieged coach Ivan Henjak.

The Broncos club board will meet on Wednesday, although it is almost certain there will be no clandestine moves to dump Henjak in favour of Stuart, who remains unemployed after quitting Cronulla in July.

But should Henjak fail to see out the remainder of his two-year deal, there is no guarantee Stuart will be his successor.

Club insiders revealed several Broncos players had voiced concerns about being coached by Stuart and would baulk at signing new deals if he ultimately replaced Henjak at Red Hill.

"Each time there has been any mention of Ricky coming here the club has moved quickly to pour cold water on it," the source said.

"Some of the players here are not big fans of him. A few have worked with him in the past.

"It has been brought up in contract talks, because if there is any truth to it then they won't be signing."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

As i have said previously, Stuart could really destroy our club. and he may have been the reason the Sharks have had trouble recruiting quality players. the two bolded parts of the article emphasize my point

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Ricky Stuart coaching the Broncos seems as far fetched / wrong / out of whack as Wayne Bennett appearing in the next Bundy Rum or TAB Sportsbet commercial ... Pretty much everything about Stuart is at odds with the culture the Broncos have established when it comes to the team's character / personality on and around the field.

The Broncos have always been RL's equivalent of the "strong silent type" .. That man Bennett set the trend for the team in terms of keeping emotions in check during games (I think he had a saying that went something like "treat success and failure as the same beast") and imo that trait has been a big key to the club's longterm consistency on the field and the overall culture of being tough and competitive 100% of the time.

Ricky Stuart is the complete polar opposite of the above

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Bing..WB was paraphrasing from the poem 'IF ' by Rudyard Kipling. I brought up my son based on the principles espoused in that great poem. The line he was sort of quoting is.....If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same....( side note, it is above the entrance to a great tennis arena also)

if you are a parent of a little boy then this poem is tailor made...it applies to women also but, they've got enough odes to their greatness already...

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
The Rock said:
God some of you guys are so dramatic! :roll:

What's this rubbish talk....."Stuart will DESTORY our club"? I mean fark me, give me a break! When has he ever "Destroyed" a club. And what is so stable about the current Broncos culture anyway? It's pretty shaky, loyalty is lacking, the culture has changed a lot since Wayne has left, there has been reports of riffs between the coach and players in recent times. The club isn't as strong as it used to be. Do you SERIOUSLY think that bringing Stuart to this club will "Destory it". How do we even know that the reports of not wanting Stuart to coach them are even real? Did it come from former players perhaps?

Newsflash - I bet there are players that don't like Henjak either. Do any one of you seriously think that every single player loves playing under Ivan? It's a working environment, not everyone likes their boss or mentor but we get on with life anyway right? That's what they'd do if Stuart came.

I see no evidence of Stuart ruining other clubs or team, in fact he seems to have a pretty decent record when it comes to creating a good culture.

Can you read and or hear the signs of when a coach has "lost" his playing group ? Because if ever that becomes a university subject then the latter stages of Stuart's tenures at the Roosters and Sharks would be in the first chapter of the textbook :idea:

Heck, Stuart even admitted himself a couple of months ago that he could see his guys were sick of the sight and sound of him at the Sharks. If you're in charge of a football club, you don't dare take a risk on someone who's had that effect and those results over the last few years.

Everyone can see that Stuart has the tools to become a good NRL coach, but his first crack at the gig has clearly shown that he needs to reinvent himself in a few areas before he can realistically come back and make a long term go of it.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
His superficial bleetings about his respect for his players in the latter part of the season makes me think he was trying to recreate Waynes' 'Coach as Father Figure' tact. Gould took it on as well - their problem is they both talk too much. Wayne doesn't and his disciples hang on his gaps rather than his words.

The Stick is lost at the moment, a bit like Ivan.
They have both been surrounded by some of the greats in their apprenticeships, but neither appears to be able to find the right balance between who they are and who they would like to be.
They are also both knee jerkers.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Article in the courier reckons Ivan is still gone but this time Terry Matterson is the man to replace him... [icon_shru

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Article in the courier reckons Ivan is still gone but this time Terry Matterson is the man to replace him... [icon_shru

I don't want Ivan to go as I still think he deserves next year to prove himself, but if he MUST go than I am more than happy with Matterson as his replacement.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ironbroncos
  • Bucking Beads
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • davidp
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • Ondi
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Manofoneway
  • Galah
  • whykickamoocow
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.