Ivan, Ivan, Ivan

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
You people don't want Stuart because you're all so anti-nsw.

Stuart took the Roosters to THREE consecutive Grand Finals. He won 1 of them. Which other coach in the modern day has taken a club to 3 consecutive Grand Finals? (without rorting the cap) He changed that club in a big way and Stuart is responsible for changing the GAME even. HE invented the gang tackle, he was the one who put an extend amount of emphasis in defence in terms of getting in their with numbers, rapping the ball carrier up and winning the ruck.

Actually, Gould took what Murray had done and put the infrastructure in place for 3 grand finals. Stuart sent them backwards in 2005-06.

I would much rather Brian Smith than Ricky Stuart!

While I don't rate Henjak, I don't think 2 years is enough time to give him a chance, particularly since the 2nd year team was a bunch of kids.

I hope the Broncos give him another season.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I will be FURIOUS if they appoint Ricky Stuart. :evil:

Absolutely FURIOUS.

While I loved watching him in action for the Raiders back in the day (yeah I did, sad but true), he is not someone I want coaching MY Broncos. He is not a good coach. He demoralises his players.

So where is Graeme Murray ? [icon_shady

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ALH said:
Coxy said:
ALH said:
steve folkes?

No. No no no no no.

He has a very good record missed the finals only once and did win a premiership

Yes, and was also there while salary cap rorts (not his fault necessarily) and off field behaviour were horrendous. Lack of discipline.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
So where is Graeme Murray ?

Wynnum.

He would've been handy last year, now that we're in a position to win a Grand Final...no thanks. The dude is forever going to be a bridesmaid.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
How did the Sharks go under Ricky Stuart again?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Nashy said:
How did the Sharks go under Ricky Stuart again?
Are you seriously going to compare the financial hazard called the Sharks with the healthiest club in the NRL?
Or do you think that has nothing to do with their performance on the field?

Besides, getting to a whisker of a GF with the roster they had in 2008 is a pretty awesome result, given their problems and available roster.
Now imagine if he had the kind of resources the Broncos have?

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Didn't Henjak get equally close to Grand Final? Hasn't got as close to the spoon.. yet.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
What audragon said...compare squads if you're going to compare results.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Coxy said:
What audragon said...compare squads if you're going to compare results.

Why don't we compare the squad Stuart inherited to the squad that he left? This guy is club cancer. Possibly the worst halfback coach the game has seen.

Michael Hagan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ricky Stuart.

I can't be any more insulting than that.

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
is there room for stuart as a defense coach?? lord knows we need some help in that department!

F

Ffs...

NYC Player
Jul 10, 2010
What Stuart did at the sharks doesn't concern me too much, it was his form with the roosters that makes me want him to come no where near the Broncos.

I remember a match where we beat them, over Easter I think, a few years ago, and they were just awful. Webcke came out publicly and said something was very wrong with their camp, he could sense it in the players.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
So I've asked around a bit. The first of the Stuart rumors begun to surface at the time Hannant was in negotiation with us. He apparently only agreed to sign once they inserted a get out clause in his contract should Stuart come. Not a fan of him from his Rooster days.

Active Now

• Santa
  • leon.bott
  • HVbronco
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • mitch222
  • ivanhungryjak
  • thenry
  • barker
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncorob
  • phoenix
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.