Ivan, Ivan, Ivan

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Flutterby said:
Huge. said:
If your happy with the direction the club has taken then that's fine for you.

Actually I am pretty happy with the directly the club has and is taking in developing for future and long-term success, not just the here and now short term success that a rare and far between bought premiership is.
100% agreed.

this is actually the happiest i have been with the direction the club is taking for a LONG time. we have the best strike player in the game, the best footy brain in the game, the best second rower in the game, a young and very talented and confident fullback, one of the most exciting rookies in recent history, a great hitman in the mold of a young TC, and a handful of other young guys who have shown throughout the last 2 years that they are going to be stars of the future.

i honestly dont see how you could NOT be happy with how we're looking for the future.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Wow AP...that post was one of your best for a while! I'm in total agreeance!

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Anonymous person said:
i honestly dont see how you could NOT be happy with how we're looking for the future.

The people who aren't happy are the ones who are only about the short-term here and now result, not those who are interested in long-term sustained success.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
"I know we made a decision a couple of years ago to go down this path, probably realised that this year was going to be the hardest of those years and it turned out it was a difficult year ......Ivan Henjak.....

WE (cullen and Henjak) made this decision....then they say...PROBABLY realised...(who knew lol)..that we would struggle !!!...and ,well **** me...it was a struggle...gee I did'nt expect that,,, did you Bruno ???..no mate...but at least we got rid of the bloke who was stopping us from being a roaring success...

thanks for the head coaching job brunsy mate....slurp suck slurp...

..I agree to disagree. Excuse makers for piss poor performance. Good luck to you but one coach has made the finals 19 years straight and one with a great team handed to him has a lousy 50% record. The only reason we got there last year was the hangover effect from WB..Henjak/Cullen got the team they wanted and failed this year. Stone cold facts which you guys want to dismiss. excuses excuses excuses

WB dealt with players coming and going for 17 years and never whinged, just got on with things but the sugar coaters want to blame anything but the people directly responsible for recruitment and retention...

I've read your responses and considered them thoroughly....
suit yourselves..please have the last word

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Huge. said:
..I agree to disagree. Excuse makers for piss poor performance. Good luck to you but one coach has made the finals 19 years straight and one with a great team handed to him has a lousy 50% record. The only reason we got there last year was the hangover effect from WB..Henjak/Cullen got the team they wanted and failed this year. Stone cold facts which you guys want to dismiss. excuses excuses excuses

WB dealt with players coming and going for 17 years and never whinged, just got on with things but the sugar coaters want to blame anything but the people directly responsible for recruitment and retention...

I've read your responses and considered them thoroughly....
suit yourselves..please have the last word
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there we have it - youre still just dirty that Bennett left, and no matter what our team says or does from now on will make you happy.

boohoo, get over it. he left, we lost good experienced players that we thought would stay for years out of the blue, and we had a horror run of injuries. remember, 95% of this squad is the team that belted the dragons into submission TWICE last year and knocked them out of the finals. the problem we had this year was that only 50% of that team was available for the first 16 weeks, then we lost Lockyer when it mattered most.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
WB dealt with players coming and going for 17 years and never whinged

Thats funny because for a coach who had not only previous experience at the NSWRL competition at the Canberra Raiders and in the Brisbane Competition of Souths and Brothers. He sure had a melt down towards his players in the early 90's prior to their premiership when the pressure was being placed on his position at the club to succeed with the players he had to work with a lineup easily better then what Henjak(who in comparison is in his first head coaching position and I would expect more from Bennett's in a similar timeframe then I would from Henjak) has had to work with in his 2 seasons. I have the upmost respect for Bennett but he has his flaws right throughout his time at the Broncos both at the start, midterm and towards the end. The bottomline for me is this, Henjak has had 2 seasons at the club, during which time he has shown promising and concerning aspects to his coaching, but thats hardly surprising given this is his first serious head coaching job in the NRL and I think he should at the very least be given next season to prove his worth before people start calling for his head.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
[quote="Huge.":bl72clmj]Answer question...failed to do so. When you do answer the questions I will respond...otherwise your right as usual.
put that head further in the sand, i can still hear you.[/quote:bl72clmj]

Huge is unhappy because you didn't give the answers he wanted to hear.

Namely: Because Bruno got rid of Bennett.

That was supposed to be the answer to all the questions. But you foolishly tried to answer them with real answers.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I agree with AP (for real) regarding this debate, and the reasons for the poor season this year.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
Flutterby said:
[quote="Huge.":q4rr7fwb]If your happy with the direction the club has taken then that's fine for you.

Actually I am pretty happy with the directly the club has and is taking in developing for future and long-term success, not just the here and now short term success that a rare and far between bought premiership is.
100% agreed.

this is actually the happiest i have been with the direction the club is taking for a LONG time. we have the best strike player in the game, the best footy brain in the game, the best second rower in the game, a young and very talented and confident fullback, one of the most exciting rookies in recent history, a great hitman in the mold of a young TC, and a handful of other young guys who have shown throughout the last 2 years that they are going to be stars of the future.

i honestly dont see how you could NOT be happy with how we're looking for the future.[/quote:q4rr7fwb]

I don't know if those are the sort of things that you can afford to get excited about as an NRL fan nowadays (?)

In the current salary capped climate where success = suspicion, clubs simply don't get the chance to see the fruits of their labor when it comes to developing players.

Look at all the talented players that made their name at the broncos through the early part of this decade and who are now playing out the best years of their careers at other clubs. Sad to say but success and player loyalty / squad stability / continuity ect is very much a year-to-year thing nowadays.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Bull_Shark said:
I don't know if those are the sort of things that you can afford to get excited about as an NRL fan nowadays (?)

In the current salary capped climate where success = suspicion, clubs simply don't get the chance to see the fruits of their labor when it comes to developing players.

Look at all the talented players that made their name at the broncos through the early part of this decade and who are now playing out the best years of their careers at other clubs. Sad to say but success and player loyalty / squad stability / continuity ect is very much a year-to-year thing nowadays.
the thing is though that we signed most of them up for 3 years or so.

if we dont have success in those 3 years, maybe we'll be ok letting some of them go. if we do have success, some of them will want to stay around even though they could get more money elsewhere. sure some will leave at the first sign of big dollars, but hey, that happens.

if they were all on 1 year contracts id be concerned. but we made sure to resign most of them IIRC, so we're pretty safe for a few years.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
[quote="Bull_Shark":xz45mf5i]

the thing is though that we signed most of them up for 3 years or so.

if we dont have success in those 3 years, maybe we'll be ok letting some of them go. if we do have success, some of them will want to stay around even though they could get more money elsewhere. sure some will leave at the first sign of big dollars, but hey, that happens.

if they were all on 1 year contracts id be concerned. but we made sure to resign most of them IIRC, so we're pretty safe for a few years.[/quote:xz45mf5i]

Sure but its just sad imo that there will ineffitably be at least one, two, three or maybe more players who the Broncos will HAVE TO let go despite preferring to keep them around.

Think back 15+ years through those 92,93,94 seasons when pretty much the only dilema team wise at the Broncos was who would fill the shoes of Terry Matterson at lock when he left. The club had a core group of players (all clubs did) that they were able to keep together.... Blah blah blah you all know what I'm getting at ..

There are no GREAT teams in the NRL anymore, just GOOD teams that take it in turns to win the premiership...

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
You don't have to tell me how the salary cap has brought all the great teams down a few levels and has evened the comp out by spreading the mediocrity around. You're preaching to the choir.

I'm just saying that this is a good time for us as we've signed all the promising up and comers for a few years.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Yeah it's exciting nevertheless because at least one out of those 3 players we develop will stay.
One out of three aint fair ....

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
PETERN said:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-coach-reshuffle-puts-ricky-stuart-in-mix-to-lead-the-brisbane-broncos/story-e6frep5x-1225930184950

I for one do not want Ricky Stuart as coach.

it was interesting how the paper was claiming that we would have signed Kearney had para not sacked Anderson... Personally, i think it is a bad move to sack a coach after only 2 years. it usually takes a coach 2 years to get the team he wants and then the 3rd year is make or break for the coach at that club. that is especially true with rookie coaches who are still learning what it take to be a head coach.

if we were to sack Henjak, the IMO, the best available coach would be Anderson, he has taken 2 NRL teams to the GF and won several titles in the ESL. I don't want Stuart at our club.

P

PETERN

QCup Player
Nov 2, 2009
The Rock said:
You people don't want Stuart because you're all so anti-nsw.

Stuart took the Roosters to THREE consecutive Grand Finals. He won 1 of them. Which other coach in the modern day has taken a club to 3 consecutive Grand Finals? (without rorting the cap) He changed that club in a big way and Stuart is responsible for changing the GAME even. HE invented the gang tackle, he was the one who put an extend amount of emphasis in defence in terms of getting in their with numbers, rapping the ball carrier up and winning the ruck.

He is the best defensive coach in the game.

I'd take Stuart any day.

I don't believe we should sack Ivan though. I mean FFS, he took us to a preliminary final last year. It's not like as though we missed the 8 in both years or anything. Assess his ability at the end of 2011. Let's not sack a coach too early and risk losing him forever because it could come back to bite us in the arse of he turns out to be a super coach.

It has nothing to do with being anti-NSW considering I live in NSW. Anyhow, he might have a good record, but it is the character he brings that bothers me. He gives the impression that he is bigger then the club. Also i would like Henjak to be given the opportunity in 2011 to cement his position, he has been given ample time to develop his squad, and it is his time to shine. If we underachieve next year, then it is time for a new coach.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You people don't want Stuart because you're all so anti-nsw.

Don't play that card with me Rocky.

I don't want Stuart because he simply isn't a long term option and Henjak deserves to see out his contract. Every team Stuart coached had an upswing...and then a heavy downswing.

Not to mention, the thought of Anthony Tupou in a Broncos jersey makes me want to yack.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Stuart is an over rated hack. Absolute club killer. Possibly the worst thing around also for a Peter Wallace struggling for confidence and an emerging Ben Hunt.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.