Ivan, Ivan, Ivan

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
AP..you seem to be able to reason well enough but this time your argument seems to support both sides !!!..on one hand you say the coach usually selects the players he wants and on the other players don't go to the club because of the coach !!!

WB being the coach would have been a consideration for all the players who have joined since his impending arrival and actual start date.

It is just the degree to which each individual player considered it. Most would have had the Coaches identity as a high priority and granted ,some maybe less so. The truth is, if you ask the players themselves the coach is very important and if you were making offers to players in a blind test then the next question after how much would be, who is the coach ?.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Huge. said:
AP..you seem to be able to reason well enough but this time your argument seems to support both sides !!!..on one hand you say the coach usually selects the players he wants and on the other players don't go to the club because of the coach !!!

WB being the coach would have been a consideration for all the players who have joined since his impending arrival and actual start date.

It is just the degree to which each individual player considered it. Most would have had the Coaches identity as a high priority and granted ,some maybe less so. The truth is, if you ask the players themselves the coach is very important and if you were making offers to players in a blind test then the next question after how much would be, who is the coach ?.
"on one hand you say the coach usually selects the players he wants and on the other players don't go to the club because of the coach"

thats not what i said at all. i said the coach usually suggests people that they want to try and get, then the club make contact with those players. just because a player accepts that offer it doesnt mean they accepted because of the coach though. like i pointed out, most of those players that joined since bennett did had alternate reasons - family, money, needing a new club.

you cant just make a blanket statement like "WB being the coach would have been a consideration for all the players who have joined since his impending arrival and actual start date.". i linked to articles about players that have joined since, and the only one who mentions bennett was specifically saying that he WASNT a big factor.

The Brizz said:
Costigan made several serious code of conduct breaches so the CEO terminated his contract, some of the sh!t you post is so stupid.
he did, but so have many other players who havent had their contracts terminated. like i said - if the coach still wants the player there, they will keep the player. if not, bye bye player.

oh and pretty much ALL of the stuff you post is stupid :roll: . im glad you disagree with me, it probably means im right.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Actually, although a blanket statement it is a truth. All players will consider the coach , we are only debating the degree. Even if for 1 second or 1 year it is still a matter that has been considered. Simple fact....anyways I love WB...

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Huge. said:
Actually, although a blanket statement it is a truth. All players will consider the coach , we are only debating the degree. Even if for 1 second or 1 year it is still a matter that has been considered. Simple fact....anyways I love WB...
well i disagree. i wouldnt care if a shaved monkey coached the broncos, id still play for them.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
[icon_lol1. You did not just go that far to prove a point AP. Fair dinkum...

Even then, who's to say that roster would've stayed together had Bennett chose to go elsewhere.

Anyways back to Henjak, I really don't understand where some of this criticism is coming from. In particular the point of him having an ego. I don't know where that's coming from, if anything the guy seems too humble and doesn't demand the same kind of respect Bennett did. Which is why we're seeing blow out scorelines.

My only criticism of Henjak is that he hasn't kept the promises he made in 2008. He said he was going to be one of those coaches who calls a spade a spade but if anything he's been incredibly cliche'd in his approach.

He also loves to play attacking football, but he doesn't know how to coach a team defensively.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
rnabokov said:
As far as i am concerned, what we need, given Hannant next year, is a front row which is coached to off load so our our killer back row, and killer back line gets lots of quality ball, and, to move as one in defence, to attack the defence and smash them. Ivan Ivan Ivan.

I'd say having them lay a proper platform first is a lot more important than coaching them how to offload.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Ivan has lot of work to do with the squad for next season. I'd be quite happy if we only focused on defence in the pre-season. I hope Ivan has the nuts to put Hunt in the 7 for good.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I hope to god that Ivan irons out the rubbish we've seen this season. If we don't fix our defence then I am going to go postal!!!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Fozz said:
I hope to god that Ivan irons out the rubbish we've seen this season. If we don't fix our defence then I am going to go postal!!!

I thought that would be the forst thing Ivan did when he became head coach, how wrong was I. [icon_drun

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Ivan my son.

Next season I want to see more than effort. We can see that it's there, but it takes more than effort to win games. it takes good coaching.

I don't think anyone can seriously lay claim to anything major that Henjak has implemented into our style since taking over. yeah we offload a bit more, but i'd say that's more the players than the coaching style.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Fozz said:

the defense that we saw at times this year just happens when you have some many players in your team that have come from the u20's where defense is non-existent. it is something that Henjak needs to work on in the off-season though.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Do we think there will be any changes to the coaching staff for 2011?? A new assistant coach or a forwards ccoach?? A cooach for the special unit lead by Wallace and Yow Yeh??

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
Fozz said:

the defense that we saw at times this year just happens when you have some many players in your team that have come from the u20's where defense is non-existent. it is something that Henjak needs to work on in the off-season though.

^^^^^ this

Another 80 point game in the U20's last night. Seriously if any club decides to actually put even a little amount of defence into their U20s they would completely kill it in Toyota Cup.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I think the Broncos need to look to the long term with the players that are eligible for both Toyota Cup and QCup (Beale, Norman etc). Play them in the QCup. It might look good for the club if the U20's win a Premiership, but as has been discussed on here, it is not a good stepping stone to the NRL.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Flutterby said:
Foordy said:
Fozz said:

^^^^^ this

Another 80 point game in the U20's last night. Seriously if any club decides to actually put even a little amount of defence into their U20s they would completely kill it in Toyota Cup.
Just to take this a little further back, wtf are these kids being coached in juniors?

I know it was last century when I started in the u 9s but we were always coached where to put our heads and where to effect the best tackle especially with the size difference in junior footy. They seem to arrive in Toyota cup and still don't have the basics.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
I think the Broncos need to look to the long term with the players that are eligible for both Toyota Cup and QCup (Beale, Norman etc). Play them in the QCup. It might look good for the club if the U20's win a Premiership, but as has been discussed on here, it is not a good stepping stone to the NRL.

I agree, hopefully they play with Easts because they need all the help they can get at the moment LOL [icon_razz1

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:

^^^ This. But I also think the Broncos should cut ties with at least 3 QLD Cup clubs, and divide their players amongst at most 3 QLD Cup clubs.

And those clubs should agree to be part of the Broncos coaching culture and coach the players in areas Henjak wants.

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Jedhead
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • barker
  • Dash
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • The Strapper
  • Ondi
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.