Jack Bird Discussion

The Sharks don't have any class. Never had never will. Always just acting like spoilt kids
I'd like to think that's the way, you would treat any long term servant leaving the club. I hope we can be as gracious to Ben hunt and whoever follows him. Most of the players out there behave thoroughly professional in their attitude and try their best, no matter who they are signed for.
I say that with the caveat that if you leave for personal reasons of animosity , you leave it in the locker room. This business with cronulla should show us that mud sticks, no matter who throws it and where it is aimed.

Jack Bird is reportedly being paid One Salary Cap per year.
Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

I'd like to think that's the way, you would treat any long term servant leaving the club. I hope we can be as gracious to Ben hunt and whoever follows him. Most of the players out there behave thoroughly professional in their attitude and try their best, no matter who they are signed for.
I say that with the caveat that if you leave for personal reasons of animosity , you leave it in the locker room. This business with cronulla should show us that mud sticks, no matter who throws it and where it is aimed.

We have been gracious to ben hunt. Whilst disappointed he left we didn't act like idiots and actually let the dragons and hunt confirm the departure. The sharks showed zero class in the bird saga. No wonder he left that shit club

????????????

What's happened/happening at West Tigers is admittedly terrible but I can't see how the JB events come close. Pretty sure Bird hasn't been at Cronulla all that long and while he still is he appears to be putting in.

Bird has to keep getting paid more and more to help pay for Milford's increasing weight gain.

I can't see any reality in which Milford would remotely go for the Storm deal, if it even existed. He moved away from Canberra for family reasons, why would he move even further away.

Unless of course, he reads BroncosHQ and has a sad over the weight discussion.

Watching bird play tonight I would absolutely love to see him in the second row next year.

I don't think he has the work rate for lock but his defense is strong and his running is strong. He could absolutely terrorise opposition halves in attack and defence. He'd murder fullbacks looking to sweep.

Matty G moves to the left with bird on the right could be one of the best second rows going.

Watching bird play tonight I would absolutely love to see him in the second row next year.

I don't think he has the work rate for lock but his defense is strong and his running is strong. He could absolutely terrorise opposition halves in attack and defence. He'd murder fullbacks looking to sweep.

Matty G moves to the left with bird on the right could be one of the best second rows going.

He could be a great centre too

We already have enough backrowers. I would only play him at either lock, centre or if needed five-eight.

Gun player. If O'Dowd is ever going to be right, I'd love to have Jack Bird here mid season. Replace Moga with Bird... Ah I can dream.

I just can't see us playing Bird at center long term. We wouldn't be paying him big money if he wasn't going to get his hands on the ball plenty.

Bird is a flat out high energy running footballer. He doesn't seem to have the ball playing ability to take up a skill position, but as a hard running hard hitting second rower with footwork and an offload he'd cause all kinds of headaches.

Putting him at 1 or 6 could create a Dugan'esqe situation where sweep plays are nullified and prevents the outside backs from getting it. At 4 he'd be underutilised. At lock he may get found out for work rate.

Second row seems a perfect balance for him

It would make no sense for us to go out and buy him as a second rower when we already have Glenn, Gillett and Thaiday, with Su'A and Oates waiting for a shot once Thaiday retires.

He'd be huge on the edge he'd be a combination of Luke Lewis and Wade Graham. They aren't high work rate but they are high impact.

We've currently got Glenn starting and Sammy off the bench so there is a vacancy in the second row

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.