Jack Bird Discussion

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
The Broncos will still announce the signing at some point in the next couple of weeks.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I can see why Jack Bird is frustrated.

Sharks kept going down their left side tonight. Hardly went right.

Drover Joe

Drover Joe

BRL Player
Feb 26, 2016
Paul White confirmed we had signed him during an interview on the field just before the Titans game a few weeks ago, if that counts.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Surprised they haven't held a press conference or released a statement at least. Not like it's a minor signing... the re-signing of Glenn has received more press from the broncos

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Surprised they haven't held a press conference or released a statement at least. Not like it's a minor signing... the re-signing of Glenn has received more press from the broncos

The re-signing of Glenn isn't official yet.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

The sharks tantrum took a lot of the fanfare out of it.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The re-signing of Glenn isn't official yet.
Yet the broncos have given it more coverage than the official signing of Bird.

Just seems weird that there hasn't been a press release officially confirming his signing

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Paul White confirmed we had signed him during an interview on the field just before the Titans game a few weeks ago, if that counts.

Better than nothing! Maybe a official announcement when milf & boyd resign.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

The sharks tantrum took a lot of the fanfare out of it.

Yeah this.

I imagine the Broncos didn't announce it because the Sharks already had and as Drover Joe said, Paul White confirmed it in an interview.

teampjta

teampjta

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014
No, my understanding is NO official announcement allowed until the end of 10 working day cooling off, (we dont know the official day he signed, hence we don't know when the cooling off date actually started) technically if he's still withing the cooling off he can still pull out.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
No, my understanding is NO official announcement allowed until the end of 10 working day cooling off, (we dont know the official day he signed, hence we don't know when the cooling off date actually started) technically if he's still withing the cooling off he can still pull out.

The 10 day is passed, if it wasn't Paul White couldn't have mentioned it in the interview on game day.

As I have said the sharks took the shine off it and I think they are letting some time pass to announce it their way.

This actually really shits me off. It is against the rules and you can guarantee if we did it the media would lose their shit, but because they did it to us the media just think it's hilarious.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

It's been well over 10 days and the Sharks announced it the day he signed.

The cooling off period is over.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
We should announce it round 23. He's up here anyway.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I think Milford has taken a fair bit more control this year and can make the switch to Half back and Bird to 5/8.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I think Milford has taken a fair bit more control this year and can make the switch to Half back and Bird to 5/8.

I still think we will chase Taylor or Elgey and bird will end up at center or lock

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Is Uncle Wayne thinking the days of 3 props in the middle is numbered ?
Possibility of less interchanges .
Work horse lock with ball skills ? A la Corey Parker ?

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Brotherdu
  • barker
  • porouian
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.