Jack Bird Discussion

Well I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that Bird will be our long-term 5/8th and be a real matchwinner for us.

He is a natural footballer (like Munster) and plays direct at the line which is what we want. A good rugged defender also which is a real help.

Give him time people, he is still finding his feet here at Brisbane... he will come good soon.

Well I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that Bird will be our long-term 5/8th and be a real matchwinner for us.

He is a natural footballer (like Munster) and plays direct at the line which is what we want. A good rugged defender also which is a real help.

Give him time people, he is still finding his feet here at Brisbane... he will come good soon.

I think everyone is happy to have a bit of patience with him, but i wouldnt be surprised if we get another Jackson Hastings situation at Manly with Bird. Not on the same level, but i can see things getting to an issue with him if things dont change.

I think everyone is happy to have a bit of patience with him, but i wouldnt be surprised if we get another Jackson Hastings situation at Manly with Bird. Not on the same level, but i can see things getting to an issue with him if things dont change.
Things will change. A disrupted preseason which has stunted his club development and affected his game shape and dented his confidence a tad. Too good of a player to stay in a rut for long. He will be a mainstay in the halves and a future club MVP. Very few players come into a new club and kill it from the get go. Even less succeed immediately after major surgery. Patience is needed in this case and I'm sure Bennett is happy with his progression. [emoji211] is the word.

Things will change. A disrupted preseason which has stunted his club development and affected his game shape and dented his confidence a tad. Too good of a player to stay in a rut for long. He will be a mainstay in the halves and a future club MVP. Very few players come into a new club and kill it from the get go. Even less succeed immediately after major surgery. Patience is needed in this case and I'm sure Bennett is happy with his progression. [emoji211] is the word.

Its not on the pitch i'm worried about him

I totally agree. For mine, Bird is still underdone and finding his feet. It looked to me like his performance v Rabbits showed glimpses of him finding form.

From what I have read he is not homesick just hard on himself for not meeting the huge expectations placed on him, especially being at Brisbane which does that to "star" players.

I also understand he is carrying a sternum injury and the protecter he wears can make him look larger than he really is.

I also wonder the effect on him of coming to a team which, compared to the team he came from, is basically a dog's breakfast in terms of structures, especially in the halves, and on that point, I look at how well Hunt is going in a team that has structures and is coached to play to them. Where are they on the table?

Roberts is a great example of what we want from Bird.
Didn’t set the world alight in his first season.
Didn’t seem to really fit in either.
But he’s a valuable member of the team now, for his football and his character.
If Bird is chatting to Roberts, not only do I think he will improve, but he will really enjoy it here.
If he isn’t, well the reality is, he could up and leave early.
But to be fair, he doesn’t seem like a quitter to me - so I’d like to think he won’t.
But you never know; young players (and society in general actually) are so fickle these days.
Want everything, and want it yesterday.
Time will tell I suppose.

I always observe how players celebrate a try or when a big play happens. I did notice bird was always amongst it and was always pumped up which to me is a good sign. There were times last season where ben hunt was totally different where it was just a simple high 5 and pats on the back.

I always observe how players celebrate a try or when a big play happens. I did notice bird was always amongst it and was always pumped up which to me is a good sign. There were times last season where ben hunt was totally different where it was just a simple high 5 and pats on the back.
Alex Glenn has always enjoyed celebrating a try whether it was his own or a teammate's.

Agree with most of this with the exception being that 5/8th is his golden position. Bird is an out and out footballer and lock, hooker, half, 5/8 or back row are all positions he could handle. A super fit Bird could handle any position with front row off the list. I believe wing and centre would be a waste of his talents and he isn't your prototypical winger of 2018 but I'm absolutely certain he could fill any role capably. I'm withholding judgement of him until I've seen a season played.

Has he been having off field issues?

The Jack Bird signing was always a perplexing one.

From the research I have done, which is simply searching the 'net, the only off field issues he is having is his ability to deal with the fact that he has so much expected of him, and meeting, or not, his own high standards. Apparently, he is somewhat introverted and emotional. What he really needs is the support of his team mates, coach and fans, and to recover from his injuries.

I feel he will be a great signing for the Broncos.

Has he been having off field issues?

The Jack Bird signing was always a perplexing one.

From the research I have done, which is simply searching the 'net, the only off field issues he is having is his ability to deal with the fact that he has so much expected of him, and meeting, or not, his own high standards. Apparently, he is somewhat introverted and emotional. What he really needs is the support of his team mates, coach and fans, and to recover from his injuries.

I feel he will be a great signing for the Broncos.

I'd say if things dont settle down then you are going to see a few things come out before long. He has a bit of an ego, which isnt a bad thing to a point, but he is rubbing a few people up the wrong way and apparently he is a huge sook which isnt going down too well either.

I think he is a fantastic player personally and i really hope he fulfills his potential with us.

So bird looks unhappy and pissed off when he doesn't play well or we're losing?

Wow..... does everyone want him to be happy about it? Haha, seriously....

He's he first one hugging he try scorer after the tries, he has obviously become besties with Roberts, he's in every social media group photo with all the other players, what are people basing the unhappiness on? He looks unhappy about losing and not playing well or just a media article?

And bloody hell we have the most impatient supporter group. I don't care how he plays 3 games back from major-major shoulder surgery with next to no preseason. He's had some classy touches and has energy in defence we haven't seen from our edges since hodges and reed were there. Things aren't coming off for him (eg 2 tries that his effort alone NEARLY got him, no other player would have got as close as he did in those circumstances unless they had James Roberts like speed). Luck will bounce his way eventually and he'll come good, and I'm glad he isn't happy about it tbh.

Additionally, the bloke is recovering from surgery with no preseason after shoulder surgery WITH RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, if you don't know what that is look it up. Not an excuse if he keeps bad form but it surely gives him extra leeway early. Bloody hell we have an inpatient fan base

So bird looks unhappy and pissed off when he doesn't play well or we're losing?

Wow..... does everyone want him to be happy about it? Haha, seriously....

He's he first one hugging he try scorer after the tries, he has obviously become besties with Roberts, he's in every social media group photo with all the other players, what are people basing the unhappiness on? He looks unhappy about losing and not playing well or just a media article?

And bloody hell we have the most impatient supporter group. I don't care how he plays 3 games back from major-major shoulder surgery with next to no preseason. He's had some classy touches and has energy in defence we haven't seen from our edges since hodges and reed were there. Things aren't coming off for him (eg 2 tries that his effort alone NEARLY got him, no other player would have got as close as he did in those circumstances unless they had James Roberts like speed). Luck will bounce his way eventually and he'll come good, and I'm glad he isn't happy about it tbh.

Additionally, the bloke is recovering from surgery with no preseason after shoulder surgery WITH RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, if you don't know what that is look it up. Not an excuse if he keeps bad form but it surely gives him extra leeway early. Bloody hell we have an inpatient fan base

I'd be a bit annoyed if any player in this team who was playing poorly wasnt unhappy with their performances. There was no way we were going to see the best of him for a while after his disrupted start here and i'm not so sure we are doing him any favours playing him with that sternum injury either. We need to get him fully fit.

Personally, just from the people i know, not what i see in the media because most of them are clueless anyway, there are some issues with him. Some are down to his reactions to things that happen in games, some are things that arent. While i cant really name them, he has had his problems with 2 players in particular. Now i dont expect anyone to believe me or take my word as gospel as nobody knows me from a bar of soap, but its something thats happened. Its up to the individual to if they want to take it on board or not. Hopefully its just things that would go on at every club, but i do get the feeling this squad isnt as tight as it could be.

I'd be a bit annoyed if any player in this team who was playing poorly wasnt unhappy with their performances. There was no way we were going to see the best of him for a while after his disrupted start here and i'm not so sure we are doing him any favours playing him with that sternum injury either. We need to get him fully fit.

Personally, just from the people i know, not what i see in the media because most of them are clueless anyway, there are some issues with him. Some are down to his reactions to things that happen in games, some are things that arent. While i cant really name them, he has had his problems with 2 players in particular. Now i dont expect anyone to believe me or take my word as gospel as nobody knows me from a bar of soap, but its something thats happened. Its up to the individual to if they want to take it on board or not. Hopefully its just things that would go on at every club, but i do get the feeling this squad isnt as tight as it could be.
I've actually got a lot of time for your insights on here Wolfe, you don't claim to know more info then you do and always clarify it may or may not be true if it's not seen with your own eyes. More people need to be like that on here rather then claiming they know anymore inside knowledge then the next person...

However, here's a photo of joe ofas instagram. He won't get along with everyone, I hate working with half my work colleagues most days, but overall that picture shows me more then what this person tells you tbh. The photo might be a bit staged but I doubt he would have got the invite to go out in the 1st place if he was clashing so much he wanted to leave. The kids never lived out of his parents place, is in a new city and is terribly out of form with recent shoulder surgery. I'd be more worried he had something wrong with him if he was smiling from ear to ear.....

Attachments

• IMG_3847.PNG
    IMG_3847.PNG
    281.6 KB · Views: 286
I've actually got a lot of time for your insights on here Wolfe, you don't claim to know more info then you do and always clarify it may or may not be true if it's not seen with your own eyes. More people need to be like that on here rather then claiming they know anymore inside knowledge then the next person...

However, here's a photo of joe ofas instagram. He won't get along with everyone, I hate working with half my work colleagues most days, but overall that picture shows me more then what this person tells you tbh. The photo might be a bit staged but I doubt he would have got the invite to go out in the 1st place if he was clashing so much he wanted to leave. The kids never lived out of his parents place, is in a new city and is terribly out of form with recent shoulder surgery. I'd be more worried he had something wrong with him if he was smiling from ear to ear.....

Funny how he is jammed in the corner with Parker, a notoriously prickly character who clashed with a lot of players.

Also good to see Lodge in the photo and Andre Savelio

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wild Horse
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • cento
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.