OFFICIAL Jack Bird goes down

Bird has an option in his favour for next year ... and if i was in his shoes, i would absolutely take it up ...

right now the chances of getting another decent contract are slim due to his back-to-back ACL injuries ... but if he can get back on the field in 2021 and tear it up, he will get some good offers

are you a private contractor?
or considered an employee?

Last edited:
He isn't being paid 800k to sit on his ass, Bongo. That just doesn't happen at any professional organization, sport or otherwise. When stuff like this happens, and it is tragic, of course I didn't wish it upon him but it happened anyway, and now we have to deal with it.

I'm telling you, the board are right now watching Bird's contract/cap situation with great intensity and Bird knows it I think. It would explain the amount of despair in his storm off.
He fulfilled his contract. Deserves his money. Simple. We are obliged to cover his medical costs and support him.

Seasonal contracted employee.

"Seasonal" implies they reserve the right to turf you when the "season" is no longer valid, or is that just another term for your contract duration?
[automerge]1583900374[/automerge]
He fulfilled his contract. Deserves his money. Simple. We are obliged to cover his medical costs and support him.

He does get paid under a medical retirement.

Last edited:
I don’t know that I would tbh. It’s an academic contract. If I don’t teach the hours I’m contracted for, I’m buggered. Maybe you’re right though.

I don't know about sub-contactors/Seasonal contracted employee.

but normal employees ... definitely get workers comp if hurt, performing their duties at work ...

actually i think what he said is he doesn't see Isaako as a winger
You have to wonder about the accuracy or possible misinterpretation of this as he is referring to a guy who was the top pointscorer two seasons ago polaying on the wing??

"Seasonal" implies they reserve the right to turf you when the "season" is no longer valid, or is that just another term for your contract duration?
[automerge]1583900374[/automerge]

He does get paid under a medical retirement.
I think back to back ACLs is not medical retirement territory. Sole motivation to do so is to get money off the cap. He will come back and play on. Pushing him to retire at 24 is unfair.

Wow. No issako love here in the slightest
Wouldn't you put Arthars at fullback and put Herbie on the wing.

Wanting outside back cover on the bench hasn't changed. Arthars is the best fullback option and Herbie the next best wing option.

Yeah I got that when I broke my leg at my other job (truck driving) late last year. However, I know if I did it again, the hours would dry up immediately after I recovered.
That is not right and shouldn't occur. As a club I hope we treat our players better than that.

This post is borderline delusional
If the club aren't at least exploring the option of medically retiring him, they are out of their minds. If we could at least get that, MAYBE we could snatch up another good signing for Fullback before the cut off.

TBF, I would understand the employer’s position. If I can’t keep my body in working condition to make my employer money, I should find another job.
Not if the injury occurred while you were working for them. If you can't work as a result you are very much entitled to compensation. For the same reason Jack should get every cent of his money for injuring himself while performing his role as a rugby league player.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.