OFFICIAL Jack Bird goes down

If the club aren't at least exploring the option of medically retiring him, they are out of their minds. If we could at least get that, MAYBE we could snatch up another good signing for Fullback before the cut off.

I'm pretty sure they can't do this unilaterally ... i'm sure the player would have to agree first ... and i doubt they have even thought of it so soon after the injury and before they even know the extent of it

I am injury prone, maybe i should get a job in a contact sport.

can i say......and its small consolation.....but given the fact a player option exercised by Birds team will take the salary that Boyd's currently sits next season, we now have 12 months to intently trail and scout our new 2021 fullback.

Its clear we don't have 1 internally otherwise Bird wouldn't have been there.

So, lets give some of the young bloods a go, BUT we seriously look across the comp and start watch listing and discreetly reaching out to the best young fullbacks out there...

At this point I'm almost hoping they put Darius back into fullback just so if he doesn't surprise us by really putting in for his last year that we will at least have the memes.

can i say......and its small consolation.....but given the fact a player option exercised by Birds team will take the salary that Boyd's currently sits next season, we now have 12 months to intently trail and scout our new 2021 fullback.

Its clear we don't have 1 internally otherwise Bird wouldn't have been there.

So, lets give some of the young bloods a go, BUT we seriously look across the comp and start watch listing and discreetly reaching out to the best young fullbacks out there...

Kalyn Ponga, come on down.

The clubs training cant be to blamed for this. This will be a surgeon or unlucky recovery issue. Hes been in rehab and rebuilding process since early last year - many have come back quicker. Its pure bad luck.

RE the cap - theres another 700-800k sitting on the sidelines unfortunately.

If the club aren't at least exploring the option of medically retiring him, they are out of their minds. If we could at least get that, MAYBE we could snatch up another good signing for Fullback before the cut off.
He's 24 yo. RL is how he makes his living. The club aren't going to medically retire him nor would that notion even be considered or even thought of. Have a bit of empathy, for Christ's sake.

Balls. Great big bag of hairy balls. Unlucky Bird to say the least. Lucky Isaako I guess - gets his chance at fullback now. Would want to improve on his trials form real quick. Here's hoping individual brilliance sneaks the Broncs into the top eight again. Who knows, by round 15 we may have Lodge back and Niu able to play... Trying really hard to stay optimistic for the upcoming season. Really F hard...

If kahu can come back from x amount of knee injuries, bird can as well.. that picture of him going down is shattering

Kahu still has a degenerative medical condition too: biscuit-itis

Last edited:
Here's hoping its like Christian Welch and a lucky save

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Browny
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • LittleDavey
  • mrslong
  • Jeza23
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • mystico
  • Fitzy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.