NEWS Jack Bird requests release - free to negotiate elsewhere

on another note any one that has fox tune into 360 right now crawley is neally in tears cause ikin suggested bennett might need to take some of the blame for the broncos problems atm

And this ladies and gentlemen is why you do a thorough medical assessment before signing someone.. fucking hell what a waste

doesn't work in the NRL,

we signed him in the middle of the season and we can't just get him to see our doctor while he is contracted to another team. besides he picked up his injuries after he signed with us.

on another note any one that has fox tune into 360 right now crawley is neally in tears cause ikin suggested bennett might need to take some of the blame for the broncos problems atm

Someone check on broncosgoat please.

doesn't work in the NRL,

we signed him in the middle of the season and we can't just get him to see our doctor while he is contracted to another team. besides he picked up his injuries after he signed with us.
Seriously? You can’t do a medical before signing someone? That’s a joke full stop

All jokes aside what is it with Crawley and Bennett? I know he had something to do with his book or something but fucking hell it is weird.

"It was Jack and his manager who approached us," Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold said in the report. This wouldn’t be a report claimed by the old drunk buzz? Who was going hard in on bird on fox at the start of the week..

My Sharks mate tells me that Birdy won't be here next year with a plan already in place to move on in the off season. He claims we'll pay a bit but not a lot as Bird is seen as quality and will attract a good offer if one hasn't already been made. He(my mate) has a lifetime connection with the shire and gets his info from someone with a close connection down south. Something about Dugan moving on or out or over to England for a payday.

I'm not claiming it's golden, it's just interesting.
I don't often quote myself but my mate in the Shire might just have been pretty close to the truth. The Sharks allegedly are over the cap for next year but that might not be true with Dugan and Gallen going or gone. The Broncos might chip in and the Sharks do the same. It does seem as though Bird moving on was correct.

Seriously? You can’t do a medical before signing someone? That’s a joke full stop

this is the NRL

besides it doesn't work for a number of reasons:

1. players can be signed a year out from their contracts ending ... meaning they could get injured some time after signing the contract.

2. it is a physical sport. in our case Bird would have passed a medical when we signed him, only to get injured shortly after ... none of this would have been an issue had the Sharks not breached their duty of care to Bird and sent him for surgery immediately, instead of waiting until it was our problem ... the ACL was really unavoidable a 100k player falling on someone's knee is almost guaranteed to cause injury.

the only real way to do do this would be a rule prohibiting player from signing with another club until their contracts have expired, then the clubs could send him for a medical before finalising the deal ... fat chance that happens in the NRL

1. Holmes
6. Milf
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

Lets be honest, if Milf can find some form again, this looks fucking sick.

I still don't feel Dearden is ready to lead us around the park next year. We need a gun, experienced half. I'm talkin Adam Reynolds 'gun half'.

I don't often quote myself but my mate in the Shire might just have been pretty close to the truth. The Sharks allegedly are over the cap for next year but that might not be true with Dugan and Gallen going or gone. The Broncos might chip in and the Sharks do the same. It does seem as though Bird moving on was correct.
I mean, it makes sense.

Milford $1m
Bird $900k
Boyd $800k
Gillett $700k
Haas $600k
Macca $500k
Oates $500k

That's $5m between 7 players...

All of these were signed by Bennett. Add McGuire $600k, Nikorima $350k, Roberts $400k that have been released.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.