NEWS Jack Bird requests release - free to negotiate elsewhere

this is the NRL

besides it doesn't work for a number of reasons:

1. players can be signed a year out from their contracts ending ... meaning they could get injured some time after signing the contract.

2. it is a physical sport. in our case Bird would have passed a medical when we signed him, only to get injured shortly after ... none of this would have been an issue had the Sharks not breached their duty of care to Bird and sent him for surgery immediately, instead of waiting until it was our problem ... the ACL was really unavoidable a 100k player falling on someone's knee is almost guaranteed to cause injury.

the only real way to do do this would be a rule prohibiting player from signing with another club until their contracts have expired, then the clubs could send him for a medical before finalising the deal ... fat chance that happens in the NRL
Yes I’m talking about the sternum not the other stuff, we should have been able to renege on our deal once it became knowledge that they knew about the injury.

Your other point i don’t think any team should be able to sign someone until they have finished their contract. There for you don’t have these types of situations happening because you can do the medical knowing he isn’t playing again until it’s for you.

And yes this is the nrl 😂

So according to this article, we want to take the captaincy of Boyd, he may remain at six 👎, we are moving Turps to 9 but leaving Macca on the bench 👎, were looking to offload a bloke who can actually play but we have seen little return from due to injuries 🤔 And we are chasing a halfback when we probably really need a 6 and to top it off we are looking at Sezer and Townsend for possible million dollar contracts......That's overs for them two.

The only part of this story that really interests me is the possibility of freeing up Birds cash to sign a genuine star but fark knows who that will be.

Who plays centre now ?
Better not be fucking shibishaki the shit ****
[automerge]1568890180[/automerge]
Hard to argue the merit of his signing after the fact but he was a gun before he came here. Also couldn’t argue with the assertion of him being our worst value for money signing ever, but I really feel like he’s ready to explode. Super disappointed he’s leaving.
Only thing I have ever agreed with you and probably the smartest thing you have ever said broncosgoat. I feel like we can turn the page and start a fresh new bromance.

Last edited:

Only thing I have ever agreed with you and probably the smartest thing you have ever said broncosgoat. I feel like we can turn the page and start a fresh new bromance.

Shibasaki has been absolute rubbish but seems to be a Siebs fan boy, he's a guaranteed starter.

I say plenty of smart things, glad you’re coming around.

Who plays centre now ?
I think we should try to re-sign Tom Opacic from cowboys. He’s only got a year left on his deal from what I understand. Shouldn’t be to expensive and is a hard working reliable type that will add a bit of contrast to all the flashy players we have.

Awesome another year playing a backrower at Centre. Hopefully Perese gets resigned

I think we should try to re-sign Tom Opacic from cowboys. He’s only got a year left on his deal from what I understand. Shouldn’t be to expensive and is a hard working reliable type that will add a bit of contrast to all the flashy players we have.

Who are all these 'flashy' players we have that you speak of mate? Did you mean to say, plodders?

I agree with you though, I would rather have Opacic at centre than Shibasaki, any day of the week!!

Last edited:
Shibasaki has been absolute rubbish but seems to be a Siebs fan boy, he's a guaranteed starter.

Giphy 1

I remember saying last preseason that if fit we had the best centre pairing in the game.

Lol that was a shocker

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Evander
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • The True King
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.