NEWS Jack Bird requests release - free to negotiate elsewhere

If Bird leaves along with a few other guys and we suddenly have a couple of mill to play with, I wouldn't be settling for Sezer, Croft or Townsend. We're the Brisbane Broncos, no? Get someone huge.

DCE, Keary, Moses, Brooks, Foran, A.Reynolds would all be guys I'm ringing and offering $800K+
Hey Daly, it's seibs. Can you reneg on your manly deal and come and play for us for $400k less a season? Cheers mate.

Yeah... That's gonna happen.

Maybe Ben Hunt might be a dark horse as I'm sure that the Dragons wouldn't mind getting rid of him to get some cap space.. Thoughts?
If by dark horse, you mean will be the bloke in the buck costume, sure. But he can stay the **** away from our 17. Dragons have a rep forward pack and some solid outside backs and gave the spoon a hot crack. Fucking no thanks.

No to Hunt. I don’t want him back and I don’t think he’d want to come back. I do agree he’d be better as a five-eighth/running half, but no.

He’s 30 next season and is still not a consistently good player. While homecomings have a certain feel-good aspect about it, we need to stop being a retirement home for players. Particularly past (it) ones

So he's called this as bullshit on Insta?

There is nothing on his Insta from what I can see.

Besides, Seibold is quoted in the article saying Bird and his manager approached him.

Besides, Seibold is quoted in the article saying Bird and his manager approached him.
I’ve got the screen shot of him saying it I posted it earlier but now he took it down very strange

1.Macca
6. Hunt
7. Turpin
9. Segerayo
14.Paix
Looks good, seibs should be down with that, I definitely am..
A straight swap between Lichaa and bird and we’re in business..

He posted it as a Instagram story but removed it after 18 minutes of it being up. Someone made a funny joke that it was bullshit when he posted it, but then got a deal [emoji1787]

On the footy show (or whatever it's called on channel 9 now) they made a good point that he wouldn't have asked for a release / to explore options, unless he was confident of receiving an offer. I'd suggest we won't hear too much about transfers until after November. A lot of the players we would be interested in, Sezer, Townsend, Lewis, Papa etc. Are all off contract end of 2020, and are able to be approached November 1st. We can approach them, and hope they ask for an early release.

The only player we might hear about before November 1st will be the outcome of Jack Bird, Oates, Glenn, Boyd, Macca.

Looks good, seibs should be down with that, I definitely am..
A straight swap between Lichaa and bird and we’re in business..
This spine is disgusting. At least we would have good hooked coverage. What about Brandon Smith at 13?

Last edited:
I think we should try to re-sign Tom Opacic from cowboys. He’s only got a year left on his deal from what I understand. Shouldn’t be to expensive and is a hard working reliable type that will add a bit of contrast to all the flashy players we have.

If a few things fall into place when the season is done Tom will have a better offer on the table than I think we will offer him.

I always argued he is the type of player we needed to keep to allow us to pay bigger money to others. I think it looks a bit stupid now we are losing Bird, we lost Roberts.
[automerge]1568899022[/automerge]

If he has asked for a release, there is an offer in the pipeline.

Last edited:
This spine is disgusting. At least we would have good hooked coverage. What about Brandon Smith at 13?

No way. With Macca’s speed out the back and huntys excellent kicking game we should comfortably scrape into the 8. Get Brandon in there too, I’d play him on the wing though..
Seriously though, Brandon is pretty awesome.

Lichaa? Seriously?
Haha.. No definitely not.. I’m assuming @McHunt was taking the piss when he suggested Macca playing at fullback.. I was continuing along those lines in crazy world.. Putting together a team of hookers.. 🥴

Griffin would love a side like this:

1. Haas
2. Oates
3. Shibasaki
4. Fifita
5. Ferguson
6. D.Taylor
7. Hoffman (c) (gk) (wk) (k) (vc)
8. Paulo
9. McGuire
10. S.Boyd
11. Campbell-Gillard
12. Pangai Jr
13. Parker

14. Thaiday
15. Fai
16. G.Rose
17. Hala

That’s a Hook dream team right there!

About bloody time!!!!
Let Farnworth/Coates/Perese/Vudogo fight it out over the trials for centre and Oates spot. Niu and Isaako vie for the fullback spot. Milford and Dearden remain in the halves with Paix as backup. Lose Segy and Macca to ISC until Turpin's form sours, play 3 forwards and a back on the bench for HIA.
Our juniors are good enough, we lose our identity with these mercenaries/buy ins.
We the fucking Broncos, we don't fucking buy premierships!

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Lurker
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Culhwch
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.