NEWS Jack Bird requests release - free to negotiate elsewhere

Might make a good redemption story????

I'd imagine he has been through hell and what better way to bury his fuckup(s) ! Come home and truly lead for once. Afterall the only way is up from where he is now.
If he could guarantee us a premiership, I'd let him back, but..he can't.
He also goes missing in the bigger games and has shown nothing with one of the best play makers in the comp by his side. It was his choice to leave, as was Taylors, they can't come crawling back now..
It is ludicrous that the Dragons are paying him 1.2mill per year, in fact, it's on par with the ludicrous money we are currently paying Boyd.
Congrats to him with that contract though, it surely is something else..

If he could guarantee us a premiership, I'd let him back, but..he can't.
He also goes missing in the bigger games and has shown nothing with one of the best play makers in the comp by his side. It was his choice to leave, as was Taylors, they can't come crawling back now..
It is ludicrous that the Dragons are paying him 1.2mill per year, in fact, it's on par with the ludicrous money we are currently paying Boyd.
Congrats to him with that contract though, it surely is something else..
On par ? Hmmmm, well not really. Boyd's on 700 for 3 years and the option year at 400 from what I understand.

That aside Hunt's history is well known so I really didn't need a refresher. I don't mean that to sound rude but he would certainly have provided more than DB and poor old Turps in either position. No matter, were I Hunt I'd sit back and let the cash roll in and it's likely I wouldn't head home either.

It's doubtful whether or not Hunt returning is being seriously discussed anywhere. I'm guessing we'll try to get someone but if we can't we'll go with what we have.

That's 2 years in a row the Bronco's have screwed their official calendars...

No matter, were I Hunt I'd sit back and let the cash roll in and it's likely I wouldn't head home either.

This makes no sense.
Before you start picking up other members spelling mistakes, it may pay to proof read what you yourself are writing, before posting..

Bird is a competitor, a genuine footballer , and a winner

The only thing ever wrong with his signing was, and is, the size of it

I do not like this news, however, given the inflated price tag combined with our need for a high quality half and/or fullback, I understand and accept it

Last edited:
Might make a good redemption story????

I'd imagine he has been through hell and what better way to bury his fuckup(s) ! Come home and truly lead for once. Afterall the only way is up from where he is now.

That would be true if Ben Hunt was capable of leading. He comes across to me as exactly the sort of drop your head sook attitude that this club is trying to get rid of.

This makes no sense.
Before you start picking up other members spelling mistakes, it may pay to proof read what you yourself are writing, before posting..
Huh?

That would be true if Ben Hunt was capable of leading. He comes across to me as exactly the sort of drop your head sook attitude that this club is trying to get rid of.

This is spot on. As Seibold says we need winners and Ben is not. He is the opposite and has proven he can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Signing him back would be exactly what this club will do and if we don’t even entertain the idea it will show we are finally heading in the right direction.

It's gonna need to be revised again anyway cause Bird is front and centre there as well. They can dump both of them off it.

This makes no sense.
You might have to explain to me what the issue is!

Last time you dropped a guarantee like that it was that we would win the Raiders game. You were encouraging everyone to bet on it. Then we didn't see you for months.
Cause he couldn't pay his ADSL bill after the bets he made

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Swordfish
  • Scorchie
  • HarryAllan7
  • Manofoneway
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • Spoon
  • theshed
  • Lazza
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mitch222
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.