PLAYER Jake Turpin Discussion

bb_gun

NRL Player
Apr 23, 2013
You’d think Kevvie is a lock, still you’d get rid of the cancer now. The players are abandoning the club.
Player not players and he left for the money.

This all screams of White not wanting to have a caveat on his resume that he sacked the head coach in his final year in charge, but like you we don't know the full details of what's really happening behind closed doors. I'd be very surprised if the board haven't already advised someone (hopefully someone's [emoji6]) they're coaching the Broncos next year.

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
Oct 28, 2013
Player not players and he left for the money.

This all screams of White not wanting to have a caveat on his resume that he sacked the head coach in his final year in charge, but like you we don't know the full details of what's really happening behind closed doors. I'd be very surprised if the board haven't already advised someone (hopefully someone's [emoji6]) they're coaching the Broncos next year.
Players sniffing around other clubs, rumours of others wanting out. It’s more than a player. And he didn’t leave just for the money. If we were in contention with an adequate coach he’d be playing for us next year.

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
Man Turpin is injury-proned, you're not getting much value out of him if he keeps getting himself injured. Actually, I wouldn't mind if Turpin gets offloaded to another club.

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I don’t want to speak ill of the injured, but let’s be honest, Turpin’s 30mins was bog average - O runs! Paix comes on and has a run in his first set. So much more energised when he came on. Paix is the future!

Last edited:

Cult

State of Origin Captain
Oct 17, 2013
Softest fucking try since we got scored on off a tap

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Apr 17, 2013
Once again, as soon as we lose Turpin mid game, we go to absolute shit. He has to be one of our more vocal players.

Broncorob

BRL Player
Jul 26, 2020
Once again, as soon as we lose Turpin mid game, we go to absolute shit. He has to be one of our more vocal players.
I reckon Turpin is worth sticking with. Just neefs some certainty and some belief. look at cook 2 years ago. Het granville back to support him. His defence is ok has some aggression takes a step out better than Macca Some decent coaching he can be good

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Turpin is weird, he can at times be pretty fucking good (like his first game back from injury) or pretty poor (his last 2 games)...all in a matter of 3 weeks. He's like Milford I guess, only his highs aren't as high and he has more of them. His defence is all over the place too, he can smash players and inspire teammates and then he can be lazy too. That seems like a team-wide problem though. His running game is definitely poor, I'm not sure why he's reluctant to run it. When he's switched on, his service can be really good.

I don't think he's a long term option, maybe Paix will progress quickly or we'll manage to steal someone good from somewhere else. I feel like his fiery approach is something that this team needs though, and needs consistently. The experienced players (Boyd, Milford, Oates, Glenn, probably even Ofa now after 100 games) are tits on a bull useless in leadership or getting the team out of trouble, so they pretty much need anything they can get to fire them up.

Broncorob

BRL Player
Jul 26, 2020
Most pundits said the same when Locky switched to 6. It wasnt an overnight sensation. Cook took some time. I reckon Turps can be a good choice playing in the current system
...harsh on anyone

Broncorob

BRL Player
Jul 26, 2020
Everyone is loving Grant at moment. If 9 is the major player as gets spruiked why havent Easts won the last 2 comps. Turps will be ok NRL week to week as a 9 is tough. We are closer than you think. its definitely mental. can do 40 to 60

Nee Coach!

Broncorob

BRL Player
Jul 26, 2020
Everyone is loving Grant at moment. If 9 is the major player as gets spruiked why havent Easts won the last 2 comps. Turps will be ok NRL week to week as a 9 is tough. We are closer than you think. its definitely mental. can do 40 to 60

Nee Coach!
Easts Bris

Aldo

What, me worry?
Jul 7, 2013
I tend to think it was more when Haas and Carrigan were off the field. Offa and Kennedy offered nothing last night.

Jedhead

NRL Captain
Jan 8, 2018
I tend to think it was more when Haas and Carrigan were off the field. Offa and Kennedy offered nothing last night.
Too true. Whatever if it's true we're paying Joffa $600K we're paying him $480K too much. Even at that I think he does not earn minimum wage most weeks.

Aldo

What, me worry?
Jul 7, 2013
Too true. Whatever if it's true we're paying Joffa $600K we're paying him $480K too much. Even at that I think he does not earn minimum wage most weeks.
When our bench forwards gone on, our intensity drops off dramatically. I didn't mind Riki though. He had a crack for his first game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehblokgotadola
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.