James Roberts Drama

I'm feeling a lot more comfortable after just reading on Courier that Roberts wants the footage handed over to clear his name.

I'm feeling a lot more comfortable after just reading on Courier that Roberts wants the footage handed over to clear his name.

Roberts has been involved in another drunken incident. He has been served with a drunk diversion notice by police, taken home and then went crazy in an apartment on the coast and police were called again to the apartment.

The writing is on the wall it seems...

Yeah Roberts is gone guys, he had the cops called on him 3 times during a drunken rampage that night, he's went full Mitchell Pearce.

Never go full Mitchell Pearce.

https://twitter.com/7NewsQueensland/status/822358013457502209

Roberts given a drunk diversion notice by QLD Police.

Time to say goodbye.

Drunk diversion, ie: they gave him a lift home because he was drunk and asleep in the back of a taxi. Then he allegedly created some sort of disturbance that led to a neighbour calling police. All on the same night as as the alleged hair-pulling.

If he is amazingly lucky it could be looked at as all one large incident. No official complaint of wrong-doing from any person and without his record, nothing would come of any it. With his...

Drunk diversion, ie: they gave him a lift home because he was drunk and asleep in the back of a taxi. Then he allegedly created some sort of disturbance that led to a neighbour calling police. All on the same night as as the alleged hair-pulling.

If he is amazingly lucky it could be looked at as all one large incident. No official complaint of wrong-doing from any person and without his record, nothing would come of any it. With his...
Not trying to back him up or anything but is it possible that police would be called out after something small like a loud slam or glass shattering or some other drunken shenanigan? You are or were a police officer right? I'm sure you got lots of ridiculous call outs?

Not trying to back him up or anything but is it possible that police would be called out after something small like a loud slam or glass shattering or some other drunken shenanigan? You are or were a police officer right? I'm sure you got lots of ridiculous call outs?

With all we've learned about Roberts over the last 12 months, are we really going to even consider the possibility that this is all some big misunderstanding? He's gone dude, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was on purpose as well, he ain't on much coin here, he knows he can get plenty more from a Sydney club, just needs to get his contract terminated first.

That doesn't sound that bad.

Would be great if they told us what the disturbance was.

I've had the cops called on me by the neighbour because I accidently knocked over a bin full of glass bottles jumping the fence to get through the back door of my house.

It could be nothing.. Sometimes neighbours are *****.

With all we've learned about Roberts over the last 12 months, are we really going to even consider the possibility that this is all some big misunderstanding? He's gone dude, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was on purpose as well, he ain't on much coin here, he knows he can get plenty more from a Sydney club, just needs to get his contract terminated first.
I'm mostly asking out of curiosity, I didn't particularly want Roberts at the club in the first place so I'm fine with him leaving. Plus if we have Kodi or getting Taylor at halfback, we can't afford another defensive liability on the field

Surely he will struggle getting another contract after being terminated by 3 clubs and walking out on another? Or at the very least, struggle getting a contract that pays him big money. If he does get picked up by someone else he will be on his last legs, a 1 year, low money, one minor fuckup and you're gone type deal. He might even end up in France.

Surely he will struggle getting another contract after being terminated by 3 clubs and walking out on another? Or at the very least, struggle getting a contract that pays him big money. If he does get picked up by someone else he will be on his last legs, a 1 year, low money, one minor fuckup and you're gone type deal. He might even end up in France.

Roosters or Rabbitohs will sign him in a heartbeat, $100k a year deal, with $450k in 3rd party deals. The NRL will allow it because they are "clubs with strong cultures".

Don't forget the other clubs that kicked him out. The Normanby, Love Nightlife and so on.

Was, am, will be for the forseeable future, sigh...

Yep, absolutely those things can happen. We get called to vacant lots, SWATTING and bomb hoaxes are things and so on. He might have slammed the door and an overly sensitive neighbour might have called police.

I had my local police called on me once as my Jack Russell was barking at a possum. They only turned up as they knew me and ended up playing with my dog! Lol

As to Roberts, I think this may be the final straw, but if it isn't I would suppose it would be on the proportionality rule. With no official complaints allegeding any criminality what is it that he has done that is so bad? Has he breached club rules? Was he on an alcohol ban?

Dunno the ins and outs. Can see this going either way in truth. The question also has to be asked, will a sacking actually help him? Didn't help previously... Personally I think he would be better off under the guidance of Wayne and Paul White, than without, but there are plenty of issues at play.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Rah88
  • Bronco bob
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Fozz
  • jd87
  • Dash
  • Jason Simmons
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Browny
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Manofoneway
  • Reds2011
  • whykickamoocow
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.