James Roberts Drama

Allow me to point out what every other NRL supporter would be saying right now "its just the broncos sweeping it under the carpet like they do with everything else"

Allow me to point out what every other NRL supporter would be saying right now "its just the broncos sweeping it under the carpet like they do with everything else"

Thought the same thing with JS's tin-foil-hatting. Not just the NRL wanting to protect one of its valuable sources of income, but the Broncos' influence in trying to protect its player. Unless of course they want Roberts gone, in which case they'll want it to be exposed.

There is an alternative though. The Broncos will sack Roberts, I'm pretty positive it will happen, but they will want to suppress the exposure of the footage. They'll know that Roberts genuinely needs help, and punting him (though the right thing to do) will not be easy for him, so he'll need as much support as he can get. If the footage gets released, there will no doubt be a public outcry and calls for his head, a life ban from the NRL, and while I can't say that's not warranted, for Roberts to believe that the entire world is against him, hates him, it'll make his battle with his issues nigh on impossible. No one wants to see him spiral, for his sake or his families.

Does Roberts have anger management issues? Just asking, as he really didn't need to kick the Titans player. That said he may have been frustrated with player lying in the ruck. Just don't know about Roberts with us. Copley certainly showed him up, we needed him last year when he was suspended. Was confident when Mead was talking him up lately this year after Thai, thought he was on the up and up ready to rock and roll.
Really hope he is innocent. Want to trust the guy and have a happy ending. But his actions are confusing.

Does Roberts have anger management issues? Just asking, as he really didn't need to kick the Titans player. That said he may have been frustrated with player lying in the ruck. Just don't know about Roberts with us. Copley certainly showed him up, we needed him last year when he was suspended. Was confident when Mead was talking him up lately this year after Thai, thought he was on the up and up ready to rock and roll.
Really hope he is innocent. Want to trust the guy and have a happy ending. But his actions are confusing.
I thought the kick was a really stupid and clumsy attempt to draw a penalty. I haven't noticed him being particularly aggressive on the field generally.

I thought the kick was a really stupid and clumsy attempt to draw a penalty. I haven't noticed him being particularly aggressive on the field generally.

Agreed, just a rush of blood in that moment, more a shove then a kick, but bloody stupid and copped what he deserved.

Not really a grub on the field but has to get his head sorted off it.

Maybe he thought he was in the toilet, just finished pissing and thought her ponytail was the flush chain.

Does Roberts have anger management issues? Just asking, as he really didn't need to kick the Titans player.
What everyone doesnt know is that the hair pulling incident wasnt the worse thing done by Roberts that day. He tangled with former club mates that day. Not going into details but he's one loose cannon

Sounds like he might need help that's too big for the Broncos.
All footy clubs only have finite resources. In the end their a business like any other and sinking time and money into a player that's going backwards isn't helping either party. His problems aren't helped with a quick trip to Thailand. Sounds like these places are becoming bandaids to get them back on the field, where it may take years, if ever.

What everyone doesnt know is that the hair pulling incident wasnt the worse thing done by Roberts that day. He tangled with former club mates that day. Not going into details but he's one loose cannon

How did you get these details?

Massoud breaking more details of the Roberts drama on the news shortly, and it doesn't sound like it's anything good.

He's just so fast. Why does he have to be such a knob? Such a waste.

I'm quite bitter about this whole ordeal and I will be devastated if we have to sack him.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • theshed
  • simplythebest
  • Manofoneway
  • Pigskin
  • Dash
  • achievedrap
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Dexter
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Confidor
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • marw
  • Harry Sack
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.