RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember lost hodges..garbutt was on 250k, vidot, not paying kennedy. Only a small amount in 2016 for barba like 100k. Plus letting go taylor, j niko, parcell, drew. Probably be more there than people think..Can imagine a player or 2 out of backs will go..Nothing to major..

Realistically...

Hodges money has already reportedly been spent by upgrading and re-signing the contracts if Kahu, Glenn and Thaiday.

We'd gave about 170k from Garbutt after we replace him in the 25.

None of the rest eould be on big money at all and still need to be replaced in the 25 man squad.

We would seriously struggle to get his contract approved ... Its not like we are Souths and can get him on thr cap for 500k with reportedly 1 million in TPAs (like they are doing for Burgess)

Our only hope IMO, is if we can convince Souths to pay half his salary

Hodges would've been on a pretty big cheque so his retirement would've freed up a good chunk of the cap. We have not used Waddell at all so nothing of value will be lost and the players DD listed above we have some cap space to spend.

We can easily afford to sign both Roberts and GI as Roberts will be around 30000-35000 or maybe 400 000 but GI would be one of the highest paid players in the game and would be 700 000 at least so I'll be very surprised if we manage to snag both of them.

As i said a few days ago, the only scenario in which we get Inglis for next season is if Rabbitohs pay half his salary, even then we'll probably have to release 1-2 players on top of that.

With the cap space Souths get from losing McQueen and 50% of Inglis salary, they'll comfortably have enough for Roberts.

My prediction at the moment, taking all the information we have into consideration -

Titans get McQueen & Copley
Rabbtiohs get Roberts
Broncos get Inglis
Dragons get Lafai

God damnit buy Roberts not Inglis. Inglis is an incremental improvement to whoever he replaces, he's better but doesn't bring anything new. Roberts on the other hand turns up with raw speed which we don't really have. He's a player who if Hunt or Milford put him through a gap will be planting the ball for a try almost every time. And he'd be the only one on the team who could keep up and support the Milf.

And for those saying Inglis didn't **** us over before because he was tipped that Henjak was an angry shit **** of a coach, I can't agree. Even taking the tipoff at face value and ignoring issues like his dv legal bills, there's no reason to lie about not flying up that day because the planes don't fly in the rain. Sack up and say you're not coming here instead of using the worst excuse since "my dog at my homework."

Next 2 days are huge.
2moro 2 big players become available
And friday expect announcements on where they are going.
1 Player is Mcqueen
2nd Player is .

1910, ermm i mean Daniel O' Dowd, thankyou ever so much for sharing with us your most recently obtained intel. Could you please tell us, if you are at liberty to, if GI will be a Bronco in 2017?

Waiting patiently for your responses.

1910, ermm i mean Daniel O' Dowd, thankyou ever so much for sharing with us your most recently obtained intel. Could you please tell us, if you are at liberty to, if GI will be a Bronco in 2017?

Waiting patiently for your responses.

Daniel doesn't know anymore then we do lol..Just reading into stuff like the rest of us.

God damnit buy Roberts not Inglis. Inglis is an incremental improvement to whoever he replaces, he's better but doesn't bring anything new. Roberts on the other hand turns up with raw speed which we don't really have. He's a player who if Hunt or Milford put him through a gap will be planting the ball for a try almost every time. And he'd be the only one on the team who could keep up and support the Milf.

And for those saying Inglis didn't **** us over before because he was tipped that Henjak was an angry shit **** of a coach, I can't agree. Even taking the tipoff at face value and ignoring issues like his dv legal bills, there's no reason to lie about not flying up that day because the planes don't fly in the rain. Sack up and say you're not coming here instead of using the worst excuse since "my dog at my homework."

Can't agree hat Inglis is only an incremental improvement on whoever he replaces, he is a monumental improvement and much better than Roberts. Don't get me wrong I rate Roberts highly but he is no where near Inglis.

We are talking about Greg Inglis right? Not Bruce Inglis or some shit like that?

Can't agree hat Inglis is only an incremental improvement on whoever he replaces, he is a monumental improvement and much better than Roberts. Don't get me wrong I rate Roberts highly but he is no where near Inglis.

We are talking about Greg Inglis right? Not Bruce Inglis or some shit like that?

What I mean is that he is better but not different. The one thing we lack in our backline is proper speed, and that's not something Inglis can bring to the team. Inglis is the bigger improvement compared to any of our current players, but Roberts IMO gives the bigger improvement to the backline and team as a whole.

What I mean is that he is better but not different. The one thing we lack in our backline is proper speed, and that's not something Inglis can bring to the team. Inglis is the bigger there improvement compared to any of our current players, but Roberts IMO gives the bigger improvement to the backline and team as a whole.

Personally I would take Inglis ahead of Roberts every single day of the week.
He is in the top 3 players in the game and has a good 4 years of football left in him.

Have you heard anything Smokin Joe?

As i said a few days ago, the only scenario in which we get Inglis for next season is if Rabbitohs pay half his salary, even then we'll probably have to release 1-2 players on top of that.

With the cap space Souths get from losing McQueen and 50% of Inglis salary, they'll comfortably have enough for Roberts.

My prediction at the moment, taking all the information we have into consideration -

Titans get McQueen & Copley
Rabbtiohs get Roberts
Broncos get Inglis
Dragons get Lafai

According to Moley, Lafai is meeting with the Dragons today, after meeting with the Titans yesterday.. I think a lot of this situation could come down to who Lafai chooses.

If he chooses the Titans, we probably won't be able to find a spot to offload Copley, which means we won't relieve enough cap space for Roberts or Inglis.. but if Lafai chooses the Dragons, then I think the Titans will be forced to settle on Copley, which means we're getting either Roberts or Inglis.

According to Moley, Lafai is meeting with the Dragons today, after meeting with the Titans yesterday.. I think a lot of this situation could come down to who Lafai chooses.

If he chooses the Titans, we probably won't be able to find a spot to offload Copley, which means we won't relieve enough cap space for Roberts or Inglis.. but if Lafai chooses the Dragons, then I think the Titans will be forced to settle on Copley, which means we're getting either Roberts or Inglis.

Three things:

1) isn't it nice that we are now in a position to attract genuinely good players?

2) I'd prefer Inglis, he's plenty quick (watch SOO 2 from this year and see the try that got taken off him; plus he also has the power game). I'd put him on Hunt's edge, lets see defenders jam in on Hunt with GI outside them

3) if Lafai chooses the Titans they still have heaps of cap space (and anyway why wouldn't Copley go to the Dragons?)

Let's not forget cronk to titans 2017.

Three things:

1) isn't it nice that we are now in a position to attract genuinely good players?

2) I'd prefer Inglis, he's plenty quick (watch SOO 2 from this year and see the try that got taken off him; plus he also has the power game). I'd put him on Hunt's edge, lets see defenders jam in on Hunt with GI outside them

3) if Lafai chooses the Titans they still have heaps of cap space (and anyway why wouldn't Copley go to the Dragons?)

1) Yes it is, thanks Wayne!

2) I'd prefer Inglis as well, but I'd 100% play him at Fullback, at least for the next couple of seasons while he's still in his prime, then throw him out to the Centres to create havoc in his last couple of seasons

3) No, they won't. They didn't even have enough cap space for McQueen prior to Roberts leaving, they were $20,000 short. So assuming Roberts was on $350,000, they'll use a small portion of that for McQueen & the rest for Copley OR Lafai.

1) Yes it is, thanks Wayne!

2) I'd prefer Inglis as well, but I'd 100% play him at Fullback, at least for the next couple of seasons while he's still in his prime, then throw him out to the Centres to create havoc in his last couple of seasons

3) No, they won't. They didn't even have enough cap space for McQueen prior to Roberts leaving, they were $20,000 short. So assuming Roberts was on $350,000, they'll use a small portion of that for McQueen & the rest for Copley OR Lafai.

or they just didn't value McQueen at what he was asking for ... there is no way they should be short of cap space ... they made an offer of well over a million to DCE and he reneged at the last second ... they have since lost Sezer and Myles and signed SFA ... they should have shit loads of room in the cap ... but for Copleys sake i hope he doesn't choose to go to the Titans is Bennett does they unthinkable and releases him

Man, how did the Titans manage to be tight on cap space? They lost DCE (not lost but they had room for him and then he flipped) at something like 1.5M, Sezer, Myles, and Taylor. The only signings of note were Friend and A Taylor, and resigning Elgey. None would be in huge dollars, even if we overestimate them and say all three would get DCEs cash between them, so where's the money from Sezer, Myles and D Taylor gone?

or they just didn't value McQueen at what he was asking for ... there is no way they should be short of cap space ... they made an offer of well over a million to DCE and he reneged at the last second ... they have since lost Sezer and Myles and signed SFA ... they should have shit loads of room in the cap ... but for Copleys sake i hope he doesn't choose to go to the Titans is Bennett does they unthinkable and releases him

Yea not sure.. this is what the CM article said.

The Courier-Mail understands McQueen will be a Titan in 2016 if the Coast can find another $20,000 for the veteran of six Origin matches.

Mate I'm sorry but no way, no way in hell. The Titans were short on McQueen because they choose to be, not through lack of resources.

The Titans have a mint in cap space but for some deluded reason the think they don't have to pay overs. Someone should remind them they are the worst team in the comp and need to pay overs for players in compensation for them never winning a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • theshed
  • Tmac
  • scobie
  • Gaz
  • thenry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Ondi
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Culhwch
  • maddo
  • Tim K
  • mieko
  • broncoscope
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.