RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for about a year then his back to Union.

well gus has ruled us out as the ones signing roberts.

found this interesting tho

Phil Gould AM Retweeted Lauren_Frances89
Silly? Silly? Time will tell
Phil Gould AM added,
Lauren_Frances89 @laurenfranxes@Gus10Gould surey inglis to broncos is just a silly rumour right?

Phil Gould AM@Gus10Gould 5m5 minutes ago
Phil Gould AM Retweeted Mitch Gibson
He is a centre
Phil Gould AM added,
Mitch Gibson @MitchGibson90@Gus10Gould how do you think Roberts would go at Fullback?
1f357.png
1f414.png
1f413.png

0 retweets0 likeI

After seeing this I just reckon he is coming to us

And imo Gus is just putting fuel in the fire about Inglis coming to the Broncos to misguide everyone that Roberts is coming to the Broncos

Apparently Roberts is looking for at least 350k a season.

Seriously Titans? You couldn't fork out an extra 50 fucking grand?

This was Goulds answer on Twitter to a question asking if Titans were in the market for anyone:

The plot thickens.

I just hope Gus/Ivanhungryjak is not referring to Lachy or Dale as being the 2 players coming onto the market tomorrow. It would be particularly upsetting to feel that you are not wanted and i feel it would be a real injustice if we forced these 2 young lads to leave, as they are just coming into their prime now. Sigh.

And because things change..Greg was at broncos leagues club quite recently with business men..hello all. G.I or Roberts???

And because things change..Greg was at broncos leagues club quite recently with business men..hello all. G.I or Roberts???

Roberts hopefully. Can someone paste what's written about Roberts And Bennett on the courier mail website...Says something about Roberts admitting to leaning towards Bennett?

Roberts, he's like 1/3rd the cost of Inglis and hasn't actively fucked the club over in the past.

Roberts hopefully. Can someone paste what's written about Roberts And Bennett on the courier mail website...Says something about Roberts admitting to leaning towards Bennett?

JAMES Roberts has admitted the gravitas of Wayne Bennett could lure him to the Broncos after the Dally M centre-of-the-year was left feeling “devalued” by the Gold Coast Titans.

Roberts is the most in-demand free agent on the NRL market with a number of clubs jostling to snare the fastest man in rugby league.

South Sydney are believed to be making a play to bring Roberts back to his junior club but the prospect of staying in Queensland appeals to the 22-year-old.

Bennett is a fan of Roberts and with Justin Hodges’ retirement leaving a spot open at right centre, there is an opportunity for “The Jet” to land at Red Hill.

Salary cap constraints could thwart any moves from the Broncos with Roberts looking for at least $350,000-a-year but the Bennett factor could sway him in Brisbane’s direction.

“Wayne Bennett’s obviously a great coach. He is the best,” Roberts said.

“It’d be good to play under him but there are plenty of other good coaches out there.

“I’m open to any negotiations. We’re looking at what’s best for me.

“It’s definitely not about money.

“It’s all about lifestyle and being happy. When I’m happy I play my best footy which is another reason why it’s hard to leave the Gold Coast.

“We’ll make our decision when we get all the deals on the table.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/fc3041c030cafc12ee082f8c64f8779e

JAMES Roberts has admitted the gravitas of Wayne Bennett could lure him to the Broncos after the Dally M centre-of-the-year was left feeling “devalued” by the Gold Coast Titans.

Roberts is the most in-demand free agent on the NRL market with a number of clubs jostling to snare the fastest man in rugby league.

South Sydney are believed to be making a play to bring Roberts back to his junior club but the prospect of staying in Queensland appeals to the 22-year-old.

Bennett is a fan of Roberts and with Justin Hodges’ retirement leaving a spot open at right centre, there is an opportunity for “The Jet” to land at Red Hill.

Salary cap constraints could thwart any moves from the Broncos with Roberts looking for at least $350,000-a-year but the Bennett factor could sway him in Brisbane’s direction.

“Wayne Bennett’s obviously a great coach. He is the best,” Roberts said.

“It’d be good to play under him but there are plenty of other good coaches out there.

“I’m open to any negotiations. We’re looking at what’s best for me.

“It’s definitely not about money.

“It’s all about lifestyle and being happy. When I’m happy I play my best footy which is another reason why it’s hard to leave the Gold Coast.

“We’ll make our decision when we get all the deals on the table.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/fc3041c030cafc12ee082f8c64f8779e

Thanks Mate

By the same logic you could argue that Hodges stuffed the club over as it was him who had a quiet word and advised Inglis to go elsewhere as he didn't believe in what Henjak was installing at the club.....

Ok guys. I think I've figured out out. .

We are getting GI and the news will come in the next 10 days.

Reasons. . To begin, souths need to clean things up to make way for burgess. Freeinh inglis to finish his career in QLD is just what they need to do to allow burgess a passing mark with the nrl.

Now, you ask, now roberts is leaving Titans, why not inglis to Titans?

Answer.. gould's many tweets in the last couple hours. When asked if roberts was heading to rabbits or broncos he says, not broncos. When asked about gi leaving rabbitts he constantly denies any reason to rule it out and "anything 8s possible" when asked by a souths supporter if the big news in the coming days will baffle souths he responds "I'm baffled. Why can't you be?" Implying huge news. When asked about bennett he responds with statements of "bennett knows what he's doing when he wants a particular player" when speaking about who is "behind" all the player movement he refers to someone who's "very experienced" he states back line players will be shed to accommodate the "big player" movements. He almost confirms a big player moving North!

So again, why not gi to Titans? Well today we saw an article regarding cooper cronk "maybe" being his last season at the storm. . Gould also suggests the titans will be very happy with a 2017 signing and that lafai visited the titans today (hinting that the centre position is being patched up) so no GI there but me thinks Cooper Cronk 2017+. Gould also states he believes cronk won't be at the storm past 2016.

He also suggests manly are getting a big name forward in 2017.. I'm hoping this isn't parker!

I'm seeing copley getting released. . Possibly going to raiders judging by gould's responses. Maybe even kahu :(

This opens up a GI Anderson centre / wing combo going forward. . Anderson is on rookie coin and we all see him as a gun right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • Dexter
  • Big Del
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BrentTatesChin
  • Johnny92
  • Ondi
  • Lurker
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.