RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact the info did not come from Badel and he just does not seem to fit the personality of player WB looks for. I see him going to Dragons or Souths.
My gut feeling only no inside intel

Fair enough I get your view and the info so far is fairly flimsy.

The fact the info did not come from Badel and he just does not seem to fit the personality of player WB looks for. I see him going to Dragons or Souths.

Wayne Bennett always seems to do well with blokes that have had a troubled history so I think Bennett would be the right coach for Roberts not just football wise but life wise as well.

I get what you're saying, but Bennett will always put pragmatism first. If the speed of our backline was a concern for him at any point during the last season, he will remember, then he will weigh the risk of taking on a player like Roberts vs what he could provide to this team in terms of a premiership.

You can't deny that the addition of Roberts puts us firmly in the premiership frame next year, more than any other club.

Rugby League Insider@Shhh_Insider 3h3 hours ago
BREAKING CONFIRMED: James Roberts has SIGNED with the @brisbanebroncos on a 2 year deal with a 3rd in his favor from 2016. #shhh #spoton

Who are these Rugby League insider guys and do they have a pedigree?

Last edited:
I dunno mate just thought I would post it out of interest, I don't think it carries much weight tbh so I wouldn't get too excited.

Unfortunately, we have to wait 10 days before we get confirmation.

If you scroll the comments, the author says 14 days because the club are waiting for the cooling off period to expire, but if it is true, we'll see it confirmed before then by the media.

Oh **** yes welcome aboard Roberts welcome to a club that can win a premiership unlike those turkeys down the road.

Just imagine Milford slicing through and having Roberts backing up in support

Why the cooling off? He's a free agent. He's not currently contracted and therefore no incumbent club to lure him back in the cooling off period. Sounds like bullshit.

Why the cooling off? He's a free agent. He's not currently contracted and therefore no incumbent club to lure him back in the cooling off period. Sounds like bullshit.

Isn't that the new rule though? A 10 day (or something like that) period after the contract is lodged that the NRL won't register it? So either player can withdraw at any point?

I honestly didn't think this would be a thing . . Usually they use the broncos as a sounding board to get other clubs to up their offers. I am thinking the dragons make more sense but funnier things have happened. This wouldn't be a very bennett like signing

Last edited:
I think it's unlikey Roberts signs with us, given Mundine was so full of praise for Broncos/Bennett.......
Reckon he'll ink with Rabbitohs or Dragons.

Don't dare get my hopes up, still pretty skeptical of all the mail thus far.

Would be fantastic if it pans out though. That's a class addition to the backline. Give him right centre and Copley / Reed can duke it out for the left spot. Both bring value to the table, and I'd be happy with either honestly.

Just hope he's left his baggage behind. Benny won't stand for any hijinx..

Last edited:
I hope it's true, the kid will be a superstar under Wayne.

Isn't that the new rule though? A 10 day (or something like that) period after the contract is lodged that the NRL won't register it? So either player can withdraw at any point?

I thought it was only for players under contract.

I think it's for all playere that sign a contract so there is no media speculation about whether the player will back out or not.

At least now fans know that once it's announced, the contract has been signed and registered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • The Strapper
  • Dexter
  • thenry
  • Howie
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Ondi
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrtij
  • ozzball
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.