RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter that they weren't trying to screw him over, the breach of trust by forging his signature is bad enough. If my boss or some HR wanker forged my signature anywhere for any reason, even on a form giving me a 100k bonus for absolutely nothing, I'd be irate.
Edit: If after it came to light they just offered me a free car or something, at the same time as their competitors were making offers of a ton more money/better work environment etc, I'd probably tell them to go and get fucked.

Last edited:
So are you suggesting that the media have convinced the NRL to play along with this 'oversell'?

Unless you can find me direct quotes from administrators at the NRL regarding Souths salary cap situation or the Sam Burgess contract there's no actual proof that the NRL "refused to register" his contract.

Everyone is basing Souths being over the cap off a Josh Massoud article.. Generally if that's the case there's a statement released by the club or by the NRL, neither of which happened.

It doesn't matter that they weren't trying to screw him over, the breach of trust by forging his signature is bad enough. If my boss or some HR wanker forged my signature anywhere for any reason, even on a form giving me a 100k bonus for absolutely nothing, I'd be irate.
Edit: If after it came to light they just offered me a free car or something, at the same time as their competitors were making offers of a ton more money/better work environment etc, I'd probably tell them to go and get fucked.

The fact that his first reported stance was to stay with the Titans suggests it wasn't anything that concerned him. Not until he saw what other clubs would give him. But again, no evidence either way.

Unless you can find me direct quotes from administrators at the NRL regarding Souths salary cap situation or the Sam Burgess contract there's no actual proof that the NRL "refused to register" his contract.

Everyone is basing Souths being over the cap off a Josh Massoud article.. Generally if that's the case there's a statement released by the club or by the NRL, neither of which happened.

Don't agree. The only time the club or NRL make official statements is when things are already out of hand. Even when the NRL refused to register SBW's contract, the reports were all from journos, saying there was not enough info and no third party deals were declared. The only time it was mentioned officially was at the end of the year and the NRL fined the Roosters.

To be honest I can see both Morkels & Abashii's points on this.

Completely agree that any forgery is forgery and once that occurs the trust is gone, while at the same time the timing of his 'outrage' coincides with not getting paid more money and other clubs throwing money at him.

In either case I don't feel sorry for the Titans whatsoever. You never forge someone's signature ever. The NRL is a professional business and the Titans seem to just blatantly refuse to even attempt to run as one. On top of that to be at the point where you risk losing your best player, the person who most likely stands between you and the wooden spoon, and you offer him a fucking car and sentimentality?!? get fucked, the Titans deserve exactly what the get.

Oh, and Graham Annersley, you don't want to pay overs? well guess what mate your club is the worst in the comp, an absolute disgrace to the game. You should be paying just to have quality players talk to you.

Don't agree. The only time the club or NRL make official statements is when things are already out of hand. Even when the NRL refused to register SBW's contract, the reports were all from journos, saying there was not enough info and no third party deals were declared. The only time it was mentioned officially was at the end of the year and the NRL fined the Roosters.

Yeah but I mean it works both ways, just because there hasn't been a statement from anyone doesn't discount the fact that it may just have genuinely been bad or over-exaggerated info given to Massoud or something, it's not like we'll actually know until we see what happens over the next month, if they sign Roberts and only have to lose McQueen then we'll know it was a load of shit, if they sign Roberts and have to ditch like 3 more players then we'll know it was probably correct.

Either way, it's a pretty redundant argument. Apparently Roberts is chasing money and Mundine is trying to steer him away from that life (Hence why he's trying to get Roberts to come here), it'll be interesting to see which way James goes, money and fame in Sydney, or stability and high premiership odds in Brisbane.

What a waste at fullback. Darius is our No. 1, what he does off the ball and in defence is phenomenal.

Roberts is a bit of a one trick (albeit a goood trick) player.

You give the ball deep and wide and let him run. Something I'm sure he's been doing since he was 12 years old. Watch his highlights videos.

He would be a useless NRL fullback.

What a waste at fullback. Darius is our No. 1, what he does off the ball and in defence is phenomenal.

Roberts is a bit of a one trick (albeit a goood trick) player.

You give the ball deep and wide and let him run. Something I'm sure he's been doing since he was 12 years old. Watch his highlights videos.

He would be a useless NRL fullback.

The comment from his manager was that even if he wasn't guaranteed the Fullback spot for next season, he'd like the opportunity to transition into that position in the future.

But yeah I agree that he's not a Fullback at the moment, he needs to work on cutting the error out of his game first and foremost, secondly he'd need to improve defensively, specifically positioning.. and thirdly he'd need a better passing game. He'd be similar to Josh Hoffman at the moment probably, bit of a hog, but can find the try line. Centre is his position at the moment.

If Roberts goes back to Sydney his career will be over in 2 years.

It's laughable the hate for reed. time and time again people on here are saying we don't need player x because we made it to the gf without them, yet you fail to realise we made it to the gf with reed and without fringe dwellers like copley.

I don't know what it is but Im not a fan... He is pretty damaging when he gets a sniff of a linebreak but that's about it...If he does sign and goes well I'm sure I'll learn to like him but I reckon he's got grub written all over him which is the reason why I think he will sign with South's... But I didnt think he'd leave the Titans either!!! Ha

....the only notable offensive stat Reed beat [roberts] in was Try Assists, which is once again a product of playing along side Milford and Roberts playing along side potatoes.

Yet in the video that's Reed playing outside WALLACE haha try another excuse :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet in the video that's Reed playing outside WALLACE haha try another excuse :P

I'll type it again because you're obviously a bit slow..

The only notable offensive stat that Reed beat Roberts in last season was Try Assists, you're quoting a video of a Try that Reed scored 4 years ago..

No, Roberts only playing well against shit teams whilst Reed has played well against good teams, including whilst defending against James Roberts. Reed played just as many, if not more, good games than Roberts in 2015. Dally M awards don't mean a thing and you know it.

Has Roberts ever done this against a good defensive team?

Seriously though, I like James Roberts. I just don't think Reed is the player he should replace if he comes. Despite what a few people on here think, players like Reed and McCullough are needed at the Broncos. The Darren Smiths, Phillip Lees, John Plaths, Ben Ikins, Ashley Harrisons, David Staggs, Shane Perrys and Casey McGuires deserve far more credit than they ever get.

I'll type it again because you're obviously a bit slow..

The only notable offensive stat that Reed beat Roberts in last season was Try Assists, you're quoting a video of a Try that Reed scored 4 years ago..

Same player, same skill set. My point is he's getting back to his old form and improving.

If he can create more tries for oates or maranta + score himself compared to the amount roberts can score himself then we are better off.

Roberts is a complicated player and for all his flash, he brings a lot of bs with him.

I'd prefer to not **** with a winning combination to account for a "flashy" player.

This forum is all about flash over team dynamics. Why you're all against players like wallace, macca and Reed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same player, same skill set. My point is he's getting back to his old form and improving.

If he can create more tries for oates or maranta + score himself compared to the amount roberts can score himself then we are better off.

Roberts is a complicated player and for all his flash, he brings a lot of bs with him.

I'd prefer to not **** with a winning combination to account for a "flashy" player.

This forum is all about flash over team dynamics. Why you're all against players like wallace, macca and Reed.

?!?!?

James Roberts either scored or set-up 1/3rd of ALL Titans tries last season.. That's not called "Flash", that's called pure Rugby League ability, WHY THE **** HAS THIS COME BACK TO REED VS ROBERTS AGAIN, WE AREN'T GETTING RID OF REED, SHUT UP.

Anyone heard anything in relation to us getting Roberts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • upthebroncs
  • Tmac
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • Rambstien
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • heartly87
  • Aldo
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • MrMoore
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • The Strapper
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.