RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics from Titans pre-season training. Doesn't look to have blown out:

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

He had some really good games against teams like the Tigers, Panthers, Sharks, Eels, Warriors and Bulldogs. He certainly didn't earn his Dally M centre of the year award during games when players of the caliber of Jack Reed were in front of him.

Maybe with all the uncertainty he's lost a bit of motivation and gained a few kegs. Not that 4 months of fitness drills won't fix that. Or maybe he has Burgii hands and can't catch?

He looks in decent nick in those photos. Perhaps he just can't catch bombs. Though i don't think that bomb catching practice is a priority at this point of pre-season.

He had some really good games against teams like the Tigers, Panthers, Sharks, Eels, Warriors and Bulldogs. He certainly didn't earn his Dally M centre of the year award during games when players of the caliber of Jack Reed were in front of him.

You really think Reed is a better player than Roberts?

Got a 2015 highlights video ready in case Roberts signs with us.

I had nothing better to do and it's what I do. I make videos whether I like what I'm making or not.

You really think Reed is a better player than Roberts?
Did I say that? No, I said Roberts plays well against shit teams and that Reed played better than him when they played against each other. I also think Reed is a better fit for this current Broncos squad, unless we can get a cloning machine and bring Tonie Carroll back to protect both Milford and Roberts.

Roberts was playing for one of the shittiest teams in the comp. It's hard to really do well against the top sides if the rest of your team doesn't lift as well.

All I'm saying is that it would be good to have some more to go off when considering who is better out of Roberts and Reed. So far we have the fact that Roberts is super fast. David Mead is quick too, but who wants him at the club?

All I'm saying is that it would be good to have some more to go off when considering who is better out of Roberts and Reed. So far we have the fact that Roberts is super fast. David Mead is quick too, but who wants him at the club?

You have the stupidest way of rationalising things, so because Reed has a good game against Roberts that instantly means that he's a better player? Look at the overall stats for the season, Roberts crushed him in all of them, and that's playing on a shit team, Reed was made to look twice as good by playing outside Milford as well.

Dally M Centre of the year and this guy is like "But are we sure he's better than the slowest most inconsistent Centre in the NRL?!?! WHAT PROOF DO WE HAVE?"

You have the stupidest way of rationalising things, so because Reed has a good game against Roberts that instantly means that he's a better player? Look at the overall stats for the season, Roberts crushed him in all of them, and that's playing on a shit team, Reed was made to look twice as good by playing outside Milford as well.

Dally M Centre of the year and this guy is like "But are we sure he's better than the slowest most inconsistent Centre in the NRL?!?! WHAT PROOF DO WE HAVE?"

Look again.

No, Roberts only playing well against shit teams whilst Reed has played well against good teams, including whilst defending against James Roberts. Reed played just as many, if not more, good games than Roberts in 2015. Dally M awards don't mean a thing and you know it.

Has Roberts ever done this against a good defensive team?

Seriously though, I like James Roberts. I just don't think Reed is the player he should replace if he comes. Despite what a few people on here think, players like Reed and McCullough are needed at the Broncos. The Darren Smiths, Phillip Lees, John Plaths, Ben Ikins, Ashley Harrisons, David Staggs, Shane Perrys and Casey McGuires deserve far more credit than they ever get.

Last edited by a moderator:
The list of teams Roberts scored against this year.

Tigers, Sharks (during their bad start to the season), Eels, Panthers, Warriors, Souths (his opposite man was Goodwin), Bulldogs.

Last edited:
Look again.

I have looked, he had more Tries, Line-Breaks, Tackle-Breaks, Total Metres, Metres per Run. Some of them by a large distance, the only notable offensive stat Reed beat him in was Try Assists, which is once again a product of playing along side Milford and Roberts playing along side potatoes.

I just don't think Reed is the player he should replace if he comes.

At no point have I said that should be the case (Has anyone?..), so I'm not sure what your issue is, I'm happy with Copley being the one who misses out. I think pretty much everyone agrees with that, so you're kind of just arguing with yourself here.

At no point have I said that should be the case (Has anyone?..), so I'm not sure what your issue is, I'm happy with Copley being the one who misses out. I think pretty much everyone agrees with that, so you're kind of just arguing with yourself here.

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Roberts
5. Oates/Anderson
6. Milford
7. Hunt
Does Roberts play left centre? If not, can he?

Because then we can have

Boyd
Oates
Roberts
Copley
Kahu

Reed gone = automatic positive. Dude tries hard, but he's more shit than not unfortunately. People may argue for Anderson (untested rookie, no starting spot for you) or say Kahu deserves a centre spot, but as was posted in other threads, he's probably our best all-round back and currently serves us best on the wing. Copley+Kahu > Kahu+Copley/Maranta/Anderson (until we know otherwise)
Personally I'd prefer to keep Copley over Reed but Bennett does tend to go the safe option. But, with Kahu as an able replacement should Copley dud out, there is a safety net. You'd think releasing Reed would save more money than releasing Copley too.
Well then Bennett must be determined to weaken the team if he is keeping Reed and releasing Copley...

Copley is a far superior player to Reed in nearly every way.
Exactly this ...

Copley was very good in 2014, including being our top try scorer ... Despite playing outside of Hoggman for most of the season...

Reed has had a good 6-10 games over the last 3 seasons. With the rest being average to rubbish. LAnd most of those good games coincided with Milford finding his feet at 6.

In fact many people on here were shouting abuse from the rooftops because Reed kept getting selected every bloody week.
Hypothetically -

1. Boyd
2. Oates / Anderson / Maranta
3. Copley / Reed
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Ofahengaue / Molo

Yeah, I'm probably just imagining it.

How good was Greg Eden on the wing for us this year
2. Lachlan Maranta/Daniel Vidot/Greg Eden

That isn't how teams work and you know exactly why you put Copley first.

Also

Yes, a few people have and no, not everyone agrees with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • bert_lifts
  • The Strapper
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Tristan1990
  • GCBRONCO
  • marw
  • bb_gun
  • Yellowfella
  • Lostboy
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Redfern_1980
  • Harry Sack
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.