RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Roberts take a mile for any given inch?

I don't understand the mindset of the Titans. They now have over a million to spend on the cap according to a Brent Read but weren't prepared to offer their one shining light another hundred grand or so.

It makes zero sense. They wouldn't pay more than 300k for him, yet they will have to spend more than that to get some scrub like Lafai to join them.

To call them a shambles would be insulting to shambles.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/7192b5e671995ed17995185225ffef03

DALLY M centre of the year James Roberts is poised to sign with Brisbane in a move that would inflict further pain on the Gold Coast Titans.
Roberts, who walked out on Gold Coast this week after a forged contract drama, has told friends he wants to play under Wayne Bennett, win a competition, play State of Origin and represent Australia.
He feels he can achieve all these goals with the Titans’ archrivals in Brisbane.
Boxing champ, former NRL star and Roberts’ cousin, Anthony Mundine, has been advising the young centre and said Bennett would be the perfect fit.
Mundine played under Bennett during one season at Brisbane.
“I was coached by Wayne and he knows how to get the best out of his players,’’ Mundine said. “I’ve always believed football is like boxing where the simpler things are, the better it is.

Courier Mail have picked it up.

God this has me all sorts of excited.

If anything, being in the frame for a big name signing like this proves we are 100% back at the top of the pecking order.

I'd love to be pitching this to JR. Gets to play with the best coach in league history, outside the best young halves in the comp and one of the best forward packs.

Well I'm happy for him to play for us .Also , congratulations to Anthony Mundine for managing to get himself in the news again .

My first thoughts when i heard we were in with a real shout of signing Roberts were that he and Anderson on our right side would be a bit tasty. I could see those pair doing some real damage in attack. Defence might be a bit dodgy though :smile:

Feel a bit sorry for Copley and Maranta if they have to go, but we are upgrading with Roberts. Cant see Copes staying to play on the wing, and if he stays then i would guess one of Reed or even Kahu would be on their way out. I like Kahu, but i do feel he is just a solid player at the end of the day without the x-factor somebody like Roberts or even Anderson if he lives up to his potential would bring.

Christmas might have come early! The kid is an absolute gun, under Wayne i could see him don the green and gold!

I reckon this will be announced sometime in the next two weeks.

I wouldn't want to be at the Titans' Christmas party this year.

Getting excited. For my SVRL team.

Poor Copley, but even if he plays to the best that we've seen of him, he'd still be behind Roberts. Personally I'd prefer to keep Copley over Reed but Bennett does tend to go the safe option. But, with Kahu as an able replacement should Copley dud out, there is a safety net. You'd think releasing Reed would save more money than releasing Copley too.

He's like a better version of Hoggman: a fine, world class even, winger/ centre, but a waste of space in the spine unless there's a shit load of injuries.

EDIT: Zero tackle are claiming that Souths are going to offer him 700k. Surely that means GI to us in 2016? How the hell could they stump up that much cash after their recent cap troubles.

Disagree, he's a worse version of Hoffman IMO. Definitely not world class.

I reckon this will be announced sometime in the next two weeks.

I wouldn't want to be at the Titans' Christmas party this year.

I would, it'd be great. One of their players may allegedly bring some allegedly primo marching powder, so I could talk excitedly and rub my gums a lot (allegedly) while watching the Hoff fail miserably at hot potato and be completely unable the grasp the concept of pass the parcel. Being out of my skull and giggling while the poor bastard sat downstream of Hoffman screams at him to pass the parcel along while he just scratches his head wondering what the hell "pass"means. It'd be brilliant.

Musical chairs would probably suck though. There's 17 chairs and, with Roberts gone, a half dozen players at most.

I didn't even consider the right side x-factor we could potentially have.. Roberts & Carlin.. Both incredibly young, fast, talented try scoring machines. That could be the most dangerous centre/wing combination in the NRL.

Very excited about this possibly happening. He's a gun of a player, a genuine speed machine (something we've lacked in the backline for years) and a real try scorer. He's easily an upgrade over Copley/Maranta.

The thing that we have lacked is genuine speed and we can get that from Roberts.

But will the number of tries they let in outweigh the number they score?

Depth wins premierships. Copley is probably toast, his hearts not there and he's got a solid future ahead off the field. I think he will struggle for motivation.

Maranta went ahead ten fold in 2015, improved so much.

If we've got cap space, keep them and keep competitive spirit going for places

But will the number of tries they let in outweigh the number they score?

In comparison to Hodges & Kahu, the defensive juggernaut from last season?

Does Roberts play left centre? If not, can he?

Because then we can have

Boyd
Oates
Roberts
Copley
Kahu

Reed gone = automatic positive. Dude tries hard, but he's more shit than not unfortunately. People may argue for Anderson (untested rookie, no starting spot for you) or say Kahu deserves a centre spot, but as was posted in other threads, he's probably our best all-round back and currently serves us best on the wing. Copley+Kahu > Kahu+Copley/Maranta/Anderson (until we know otherwise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• westy316
  • broncsgoat
  • OzeMike
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Yellowfella
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redfern_1980
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Tristan1990
  • Lostboy
  • azza.79
  • Redux
  • Bongo
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.