RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiku seems like a Griffin signing. Probably playing huge overs.

I'm all for signing him .... I think he would be a better signing than Te'o.

IMO, this backline could be deadly if given time to gel.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Copley
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt

That's it. Get as many team lists as possible into this thread.

Surprised the Broncos can fit Roberts in under the cap tbh. I wonder if signing brings on the release of a Copley or someone else.

Surprised the Broncos can fit Roberts in under the cap tbh. I wonder if signing brings on the release of a Copley or someone else.

I would imagine we would have to loss Copley and maybe one more.

Yeah the speculation is we'd have to release Copley & Maranta to fit him in.

I would imagine we would have to loss Copley and maybe one more.
It's worth it because Roberts is a star. Copley has just never kicked on and I'm sure losing another fringe type player would be well worth it.

I don't have any ill will toward Copley at all, I like the kid, he works hard, he hates failing, but lets face it if Roberts were already on our payroll, he would walk into the squad and Copley would just be further back in the queue struggling to crack first grade.

Maranta, well when you compare him to Roberts you struggle to give a shit.

The hidden benefit of releasing Maranta for cap room is that it'll move Carlin Anderson up the pecking order as well, it's a win/win Wayne! Do itttttttt

Hiku seems like a Griffin signing. Probably playing huge overs.

He's like a better version of Hoggman: a fine, world class even, winger/ centre, but a waste of space in the spine unless there's a shit load of injuries.

EDIT: Zero tackle are claiming that Souths are going to offer him 700k. Surely that means GI to us in 2016? How the hell could they stump up that much cash after their recent cap troubles.

Last edited:
Start of the season (Whilst Reed is out)

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Anderson

Once Reed is back (Assuming Wayne wants to bring him back in)

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Roberts
5. Kahu

The great anomaly in our backline at the moment is Oates. Nobody could have predicted that a second rower could do so well playing on the wing but he has. If he was playing in position, the backline picks itself, Roberts and Copley both included.

It's worth it because Roberts is a star. Copley has just never kicked on and I'm sure losing another fringe type player would be well worth it.

Yep, 100% mate.

I like Copley and he has potential but at this stage is nothing more than a fringey. Roberts for Copley is an absolute no brainer.

I don't understand the mindset of the Titans. They now have over a million to spend on the cap according to a Brent Read but weren't prepared to offer their one shining light another hundred grand or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosMan
  • lakers133334
  • Scdeac
  • davidp
  • Lurker
  • Fitzy
  • Wild Horse
  • phoenix
  • bb_gun
  • johnyE
  • Dexter
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Gaz
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.