RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good was Greg Eden on the wing for us this year
2. Lachlan Maranta/Daniel Vidot/Greg Eden

That isn't how teams work and you know exactly why you put Copley first.

Also

Yes, a few people have and no, not everyone agrees with that.

The **** are you on about chap, I just put them in a random order, I'd prefer Anderson on the wing over Oates personally, he's a backrower, you're off your chops m8.

The **** are you on about chap, I just put them in a random order, I'd prefer Anderson on the wing over Oates personally, he's a backrower, you're off your chops m8.

Sure you did

You have the stupidest way of rationalising things, so because Reed has a good game against Roberts that instantly means that he's a better player? Look at the overall stats for the season, Roberts crushed him in all of them, and that's playing on a shit team, Reed was made to look twice as good by playing outside Milford as well.

Dally M Centre of the year and this guy is like "But are we sure he's better than the slowest most inconsistent Centre in the NRL?!?! WHAT PROOF DO WE HAVE?"

He never said reed was better.

Your way of rationalising things won't be winning any awards either champ.

Last edited:
This forum really is a "Fight Club", isn't it?

As in we're not actually real?

I'd happily dismiss the last 2 pages as a hallucination of Brad Pitt, it's been a shit show, can't believe we're even debating Reed vs Roberts honestly, hopefully they're both in the team next season.

Walters just said no. Technically "doesn't believe so". No room in the cap, Souths favourite. Feels sorry for Titans as two clubs sacked him and they got his career on track.

Walters just said no. Technically "doesn't believe so". No room in the cap, Souths favourite. Feels sorry for Titans as two clubs sacked him and they got his career on track.
How would Souths have cap space though?

This forum really is a "Fight Club", isn't it?

First rule of Broncoshq is, don't talk about Broncoshq... Because you will sound too nerdy.

It could be games of course. Saying you have no cap room publicly is a show of faith to your current players if it all falls through. Also makes the "this is the best offer we can table" sound more legit, especially if it's a low-ball.

How would Souths have cap space though?

Pretty sure the media was overselling that whole "Need to shed more players to make room for Burgess" thing, they lost a LOT of players this season just gone, I'd say they'd comfortably have enough for Burgess and probably enough to match what Roberts was meant to be getting next season (350k or so), with big upgrades for 2017 / 2018 when G.I is gone.

Losses since 2014 GF - Luke, Walker, Stewart, Te'o, Tuqiri, Merritt, Koroisau, Champion, Reddy, Millard, McQueen*
Gains since 2014 GF - Grant, Burgess, Carter, Cook, Oldfield,

Now a lot of that money has gone to re-signing their core players, but judging by the calibre of players they've lost, there would be plenty of cap room there for Burgess and Roberts I'm pretty sure.

* = Hasn't officially left yet

In fairness though, they dodged up his contract, deliberately. Hard to have faith in them given that...

Pretty sure the media was overselling that whole "Need to shed more players to make room for Burgess" thing, they lost a LOT of players this season just gone, I'd say they'd comfortably have enough for Burgess and probably enough to match what Roberts was meant to be getting next season (350k or so), with big upgrades for 2017 / 2018 when G.I is gone.

Losses since 2014 GF - Luke, Walker, Stewart, Te'o, Tuqiri, Merritt, Koroisau, Champion, Reddy, Millard, McQueen*

Now a lot of that money has gone to re-signing their core players, but judging by the calibre of players they've lost, there would be plenty of cap room there for Burgess and Roberts I'm pretty sure.

So are you suggesting that the media have convinced the NRL to play along with this 'oversell'?

"Hey John, we have this great idea for a story where we say the bunnies can't fit burgess into the cap and have to shed players... So if you could just refuse to register the contract and let this joke play out until the actually release some guys like Walker etc. that would be great."

John Grant: "yeah sweet Brah no wukkas"

It could be games of course. Saying you have no cap room publicly is a show of faith to your current players if it all falls through. Also makes the "this is the best offer we can table" sound more legit, especially if it's a low-ball.

Very true. In any case even if we are planning to sign him what Walters said today is true. If we sign Roberts we will have to release some players to free up the cap room, so as of now we don't have the cap space.

Although most of those losses wouldn't be on significant money ... And don't forget Keary would havr been given a sizable upgrade. Probably several other upgrades since the GF as well

In fairness though, they dodged up his contract, deliberately. Hard to have faith in them given that...

True, but if there was anything on that contract that he hadn't agreed to already I'm sure there would have been massive legal action. Potentially court action on criminal charges. My guess is it was probably something that had already been signed in 15 of the places, but he missed one, it was about to be sent off, he was overseas on holiday or interstate playing, so an official gave it a quick squiggle for the 16th signature. No excuse, but also nothing in terms of trying to screw him over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • marw
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redfern_1980
  • RodF
  • bert_lifts
  • The Strapper
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • Reds2011
  • NSW stables
  • Howie
  • Galah
  • Big Del
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.