Jarryd Hayne NFL Career

I will be genuinely surprised if he joins any NRL club but the Eels. He loves the club. If he was that desperate for a premiership he would have gone to another club, but he re-signed with Parra multiple times while he was at the top of his game. I suspect that winning a premiership with another club would be hollow for him - he either wins one with his beloved Eels or dies trying.

The fact that the media are pushing the Roosters, Panthers, Knights, whoever, comes down to those clubs being interested. None of it points to Hayne considering those clubs, unless Politis and his vehicle-lending service will be imposed as some kind of golden handshake.

Last edited:
Anyone who gets Hayne is halfway to a premiership straight away.

I guess it's probably an unpopular opinion, but I think this overstates things

Hayne is better than good, heck even I would call him great, but I still don't put him in the category of Locky, Smith, Thurston, etc

These guys are better than great; they are/were freaks

And they are the only kind of player that I would make the halfway to a premiership comment about

I don't think Hayne is there yet

Consistency would gp a long way to help to change my opinion

Last edited:

Hayne is better than good, heck even I would call him great, but I still don't put him in the category of Locky, Smith, Thurston, etc

And they are the only kind of player that I would make the halfway to a premiership comment about

Pretty much the problem with Hayne was that he was an eagle surrounded by turkeys. For a good share of his career here her played behind a spine of players like Roberts, Sandow, Kelly, Robson, Mortimer, Keating, Mullaney and a forward pack with Mannah as the most imposing forward.

Smith, Lockyer, Slater, GI are great players but they've always been surrounded by world class players/coaches when Hayne played 2 seasons with Stephen Kearney. All of those blokes would've struggled at probably would have won spoons as well at that Eels side.

Notice how good he played whenever he played for Australia and NSW. He was one of Australia's best players at the World Cup and was the difference in 2014 origin. I can never remember him playing a bad rep game.

Any coach in the game would accept him no problems.

I agree with BMan above, Hayne has always been hampered by his team. I wouldn't put him in the same category as Locky, Smith & Thurston, purely because those players are/were better team players. In contrast, none of those players have the individual brilliance of Hayne, and I know exactly how big a statement that is.

If I recall, Hayne signed a lifetime agreement with the Eels and said if he was to return, it will be with the Eels.

But if he was to go to another club, I wonder if that club would have to pay compensation.

Or if Eels would possibly try to block the move by waving the agreement in his face..

SBW allegedly had a similar deal but was free to sign with the Roosters once the length of his original deal expired.

Hayne signed on until the end of 2015, effectively making him a free agent.

I'd love to see Hayne back in the game.

Almost won a premiership.

Definitely won a few wooden spoons.

It balances out.

To be fair, the spoon in 2013 shouldn't count against Hayne. With Sticky in charge even the world XIII would have come stone motherless last.

Hayne is staying put according to his manager.

I can see it happening. He went over there to chase a dream and he doesn't seem like the kind of bloke that would give up so quickly..

Buzz Rothfield kept tipping him to fail to make the squad and return to the Roosters. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he continues to insist that it is going to happen this year to make it seem like he wasn''t a gibbering fool.

Active Now

• Ras
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.