Jarryd Hayne NFL Career

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I can't tell if this is actually serious...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413328813676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413328813676.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 104
Re: NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Apparently he told Parramatta last night that he's quitting. This is huge news.

Re: NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Crazy.

A huge blow to the sport.

Re: Jarryd Hayne ---> NFL

I wonder what position he is eyeing. Too small for a tight end and definitely not QB. My guess is Running Back or punter.

This will be interesting.

Wow, this is huge news, Heartbreaking for parra fans and a massive blow to NSW.

I know they might not be the most popular players on here but the game is a weaker product losing Burgess, SBW and now Hayne.

WOW......I still cant believe it (If it's true of course)

Big news alright.

Good luck to him though....the financial rewards could be huge.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT - JARRYD HAYNE QUITS THE NRL

Dear Blue and Gold Army,
For the past 24 months I’ve been thinking about having a crack in the NFL, and over the last 12 months I’ve been seriously considering it.
Today I can officially announce that I will be heading to the United States to pursue an opportunity to play American Football.
I will be withdrawing from the Kangaroos Four Nations side immediately, and accepting a conditional release from the Eels to make the move overseas.
The reason I didn’t make this decision any earlier was because of the part I played in getting Brad to the club and the way we finished the season. I felt I owed the Club one more year and I gave it everything I could.
It’s always been a dream of mine to play in the NFL, and at my age, this is my one and only chance at having a crack at playing there.
I’m excited about the potential opportunities that lie ahead. I’ve known the deadline has been looming for me to make this call, and I believe the right time is now.
I’m so passionate about the challenge that lies ahead for me, not only as an athlete but more so as a person. It’s the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life. I’m leaving my teammates, friends, and most importantly my family; but for me to grow as an athlete and a person I feel this is the right step to take.
It hasn’t been an easy decision for me to leave the Eels, the club’s been my home and family since I was 13, and I’ve always been proud to pull on the Blue and Gold jersey with my teammates.
The hardest thing about leaving the club is there’s stability for the first time in a long time, but I know where my heart lies and I’m following that.
I’m always telling people to chase their dreams and follow their hearts, if I don’t live by that I’m not being honest with myself.
I'm leaving knowing that I have signed a ‘lifetime agreement’ with the Eels, so if I return to the NRL, it will be to Parramatta.
I'm grateful to all of you for the support you've shown me at this club, thank you.
signature.jpg

Jarryd Hayne

I cannot see Jarryd Hayne being succesful in the NFL and while I wish him all the luck in the world for following his dream this is a huge blow for the game.

Yes, Jarryd Hayne is a legend of NSW and as far as Origin is concerned this is a huge boost to our chances but as a fan of the game in general, this is a huge blow. I could live with SBW and Burgess leaving since it was inevitable but to lose Hayne is just crushing.

It certainly raises questions on whether the NRL is doing enough to keep the top stars interested in the game. In this case, I don't think there is much they could have done - this seemed to be like Hayne trying to make a name for himself but in others there definitely is.

I feel crushed. This may have just ended my plans on watching the Suncorp double header - cheering on Hayne in a Green and Gold was a huge part of my interest.

Thought he was going overseas to train with them in the off season, not to join them?

He'd be crazy to imo unless he's a punter. He is in his mid 20's and has never played the game before, unless he makes the final cut he's not going to get any money. I guess he could always come back here and play if he fails.

Good luck to him I guess, I don't like the guy but I admire his don't die wondering perspective (if true).

Wonder what position he will play? Surely something on attack

It's so random it's kinda funny...

But mostly a guge blow to the game if true

Holy ****. Massive.

Parra are fucked. Norman to play fullback.

Last edited:

Can't really see what position he would play. I guess running back, WR maybe. I don't think he will go well unless he is a punter, he is starting the sport too late IMHO

Wow, just wow.

Does this mean Hoffman to Eels?

If he's not back before Origin next year you can probably lock in a comfortable Qld win.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • MrMoore
  • Lostboy
  • Old Mate
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.