OFFICIAL Jarryd Hayne signs with Titans

The Titans are even the best placed team to cash in on that NFL exposure as well. TBH.

Glitzy, tourist town vibe that many yanks would have heard of.

BDK8nje.jpg

There is a major difference between the QLD Origin side and the Gold Coast Titans

There is a major difference between the QLD Origin side and the Gold Coast Titans
Yeah, one of them represents Queensland and the other represents New South Wales.

lol at josh Hoffman. Will never be a first pick fullback. Get on the wing son.

Enourmous signing for the Titans... I can't think of a bigger or more suprising or potentially franchise altering signing in the modern era, as Big Pete said.

Even just based on "potential" impacts of the signing:

1. Hayne to Titans
2. Inglis to Souths
3. DCE to Titans (obvs failed, but you get the pic)
4. SBW to Roosters.
5. Prince to Titans

That might become that second team Channel 9 and the NRL need for Friday nights now.

This is a very interesting point tbh.

8 players have been told to look elsewhere. I wouldn't be calling it a huge positive just yet, he hasn't even played for 2 years. Does the Titans mantra of not paying overs for players still apply? Anyone heard how much he's getting?

Sticky paid overs for a fair chunk of the raiders squad and they're a massive success. I hope we pay overs for a top five prop or centre.

Yeah, one of them represents Queensland and the other represents New South Wales.

You're not getting my point or I should've explained it better.

What I was meaning to say is that the Queensland Origin team is a Queenslander exclusive team made up of players that are Queensland born and raised and feel a love and passion for the state. The QLD NRL teams all have players that were born and raised outside of Queensland, players who may have a passion for the club but not the state. It's not exclusive to Queensland it happens everywhere.

What I was meaning to say is that the Queensland Origin team is a Queenslander exclusive team made up of players that are Queensland born and raised and feel a love and passion for the state. The QLD NRL teams all have players that were born and raised outside of Queensland, players who may have a passion for the club but not the state. It's not exclusive to Queensland it happens everywhere.

It's a joke.....

But on the flip side the Broncos and Cowboys both have very strong links with the Queensland origin team. Our rosters are chocka block full of Queenslanders, especially the stars, and the NSW eligible players generally aren't the higher profile team members.

The Titans on the other hand don't have any big name Qld origin players but will have NSW favourite son and southern media orgasmotron Jarryd "the dream" Hayne as their highest profile player by a long long way. So any decent Qlder who follows the Titans will have to hate the shit out if their star fullback for 6 weeks in the middle of every season. To be fair he goes out of his way to be as unlikeable as possible when wearing loser blue but still it'd be difficult to reconcile with having to cheer for the bloke every other week.

Sticky paid overs for a fair chunk of the raiders squad and they're a massive success. I hope we pay overs for a top five prop or centre.

I'm not saying it won't be succesful, I'm saying it's way too early to start calling successful. Parra offered him 2.5mil for 3 years which I would have seen as a fair price. GC are the ones who have told anyone who will listen for the last few years that they refuse to pay overs for players. They can't say that anymore. A bloke who hasn't even played for 2 years is set to become the highest earner.

Gotta say all of the press shots are unconvincing . Looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

Gotta say all of the press shots are unconvincing . Looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

I agree.

It seemed like he only signed with them because no one else was interested in him.

The meme was taking the piss on his changing dreams.

Pretty sad that I have to explain it to a stupid NSW supporter. :rolleyes:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.