Jarryd

Henry's tenure at the Gold Coast Titans was always going to end in tears. You have to hand it to him, when the Gold Coast were down and out in 2015, he galvanised the club and saw them through to the other side and got them to their third ever finals series.

Henry should have known then and there, it wasn't going to get any better than that. If he wanted to continue coaching, he should have handed in his resume to the Warriors and left the Titans when he was on top.

Instead, he's had to re-invent the wheel again and naturally his young side has been horribly inconsistent.

I don't believe he's entirely to blame for the Gold Coast's misfortunes, but he could have handled himself better. The Gold Coast Titans are the worst defensive side in the competition, and Henry did little to address their issues.

It was evident that Elgey needed to find his feet in the Intrust Super Cup, yet Henry kept running out an Elgey/Taylor halves pairing where teams would just constantly run through both halves.

It didn't appear he had any long term plans for the club, and while he did well to land some mid-season signings, it's difficult to build your own culture when you're relying on the open market.

On another note Titans related I can't wait for the game of 2017, Titans vs Bulldogs. Two plod ordinary sides running around, they will be coming in from everywhere to watch this one. Will the Hayne Plane be available for this one?

On another note Titans related I can't wait for the game of 2017, Titans vs Bulldogs. Two plod ordinary sides running around, they will be coming in from everywhere to watch this one. Will the Hayne Plane be available for this one?

He will probably score a try or 2 against the mighty Bulldogs causing the NRL and commentators to declare that he is "back to dominating again" He will then live off of this performance for the next year and a bit while the NSW media ensure he is the first selected for their Origin team again.

Polarising superstar Jarryd Hayne has had the final say on the sacking of Gold Coast Titans coach Neil Henry, insinuating that he was subjected to a media smear campaign generated by leaks from Henry himself.

In an unannounced media appearance prior to training on Wednesday, Hayne declared that reports of any feud between he and Henry were false, before suggesting that the coach had been leaking information to members of the media since pre-season.

Prior to Round 1 News Limited published an artilce regarding Hayne's apparent poor attitude to training and the issuing of fines for such during the Titans' pre-season.

At the time Hayne hit back at the allegations and also raised the suggestion of an internal leak, tweeting that "loose lips sinks ships" and defending himself from missing a captain's session he said was optional and which Henry fined him for missing when he found out.

Then two weeks ago, prior to the clash with the Dragons, a story suggesting that Hayne should be the one to be let go by the club and not Henry, prompted the star fullback to tell media after the game that he would be happy to walk if the coach no longer wanted him.

Henry has vehemently denied any suggestion of providing any journalists with information relating to Hayne or of any feud with his fullback, but even in the wake of the coach's departure Hayne couldn't help but express his opinion as to what had transpired.

"Probably when Paul Kent wrote that article and knowing that Paul Kent and Neil have a relationship," Hayne said of the News Limited journalist and the issue coming to a public head two weeks ago.

"I felt that if that comes out from Paul, I'd rather Neil just tell me himself instead of having journalists write it.

"That's what was disappointing from my point of view. Being my head coach, having a journalist that he has a relationship with and for that to come out in the media instead of coming up to me and talking to me about it.

"For that week to have no communication with me personally, that was a bit disappointing.

"I wasn't to the point where I wanted to come in and blow up or go off my head. I literally said if that's the case then so be it."

Hayne also reiterated his belief that the article written the week before the first game of the season also impacted on his relationship with Henry.

"There was an article at the start of the year that I felt was something that if someone had an issue, speak to me about it instead of going through a journalist," Hayne said.

"That's something that really upset me but I got over that and then for it to happen again that pretty much took me over the edge.

"If you've got an issue with someone, just speak to them. Be the man, not through a journalist. That was something that was very disappointing but life goes on.

"I wish Neil all the best. I don't hold any grudges or anything like that, he's a good guy and unfortunately it didn't work out for the coach."

http://www.nrl.com/haynes-parting-shot-at-neil-henry/tabid/10874/newsid/111344/default.aspx

Polarising superstar Jarryd Hayne has had the final say on the sacking of Gold Coast Titans coach Neil Henry, insinuating that he was subjected to a media smear campaign generated by leaks from Henry himself.

In an unannounced media appearance prior to training on Wednesday, Hayne declared that reports of any feud between he and Henry were false, before suggesting that the coach had been leaking information to members of the media since pre-season.

Prior to Round 1 News Limited published an artilce regarding Hayne's apparent poor attitude to training and the issuing of fines for such during the Titans' pre-season.

At the time Hayne hit back at the allegations and also raised the suggestion of an internal leak, tweeting that "loose lips sinks ships" and defending himself from missing a captain's session he said was optional and which Henry fined him for missing when he found out.

Then two weeks ago, prior to the clash with the Dragons, a story suggesting that Hayne should be the one to be let go by the club and not Henry, prompted the star fullback to tell media after the game that he would be happy to walk if the coach no longer wanted him.

Henry has vehemently denied any suggestion of providing any journalists with information relating to Hayne or of any feud with his fullback, but even in the wake of the coach's departure Hayne couldn't help but express his opinion as to what had transpired.

"Probably when Paul Kent wrote that article and knowing that Paul Kent and Neil have a relationship," Hayne said of the News Limited journalist and the issue coming to a public head two weeks ago.

"I felt that if that comes out from Paul, I'd rather Neil just tell me himself instead of having journalists write it.

"That's what was disappointing from my point of view. Being my head coach, having a journalist that he has a relationship with and for that to come out in the media instead of coming up to me and talking to me about it.

"For that week to have no communication with me personally, that was a bit disappointing.

"I wasn't to the point where I wanted to come in and blow up or go off my head. I literally said if that's the case then so be it."

Hayne also reiterated his belief that the article written the week before the first game of the season also impacted on his relationship with Henry.

"There was an article at the start of the year that I felt was something that if someone had an issue, speak to me about it instead of going through a journalist," Hayne said.

"That's something that really upset me but I got over that and then for it to happen again that pretty much took me over the edge.

"If you've got an issue with someone, just speak to them. Be the man, not through a journalist. That was something that was very disappointing but life goes on.

"I wish Neil all the best. I don't hold any grudges or anything like that, he's a good guy and unfortunately it didn't work out for the coach."

http://www.nrl.com/haynes-parting-shot-at-neil-henry/tabid/10874/newsid/111344/default.aspx

This is 100% Jarryd's problem. I understand it's become a media thing, but why come out and say any of this. What's done is done, there's no need to fire a last shot at a coach that you helped get the sack. Stop making it about yourself and your planet-sized ego and play football ffs

Jarryd should just focus on improving his form.

If it is true, that is a bit low.

I'm surprised he didn't come out and say to the media "this is my house!"

...and that's what's wrong with Jarryd Hayne.

You need your superstars to lift the team and make others around them better. Players that white ant a team will likely negate their individual brilliance. It was completely foreseeable and board needs to take it on the chin. But the decision to sign Hayne was an understandable risk he brought in a lot of publicity and if he played well would have been worth it potentially for a team needing to be packaged up for sale. At this point would see if Newcastle or West Tigers would take him for $500000 discount. Use other 700000 to keep Roberts for fullback and buy another centre. Or better yet find a legitimate reason to get rid of him for peanuts. Why lock the toilets when you can fine him huge $ for each missed training session. Treat him like every other delinquent player and if he wants out then let him go for pennies on the dollar.

Gold Coast need an overhaul. New owner (perhaps not same one that failed last time), new branding and deep pockets to allow them a few years to build a team around a good culture with a no d***heads policy that engages the locals. Tough gig on GC. Need to fortify it until at least AFL flops but has been a sporting graveyard for near 30 years. Needs to get to a million of population to make it worthwhile. In short term that means southern Brisbane league heartland regions like Logan to support the team.

Southern Queensland Titans? Yellow predominant with light blue and red in limited quantities? More games in southern Brisbane, is QE2 still game ready? Or transport too hard and just do Suncorp? Really need Meninga or similar as director football to set cultural standard. Ikin brothers as coach. Combine tough culture with razzle dazzle that delivers fans. And stop poaching Broncs players. Develop your own for your own bloody identity and don't piss off all the Broncs supporters that would have you as a second team. Take back some recruitment territory from the storm.

Good luck getting anyone to go watch footy at QE2 Stadium now especially with the difference in quality of the stadium, transport, local bars and places to eat compared to Suncorp Stadium. Outside of CBus Stadium for a South Queensland side to succeed they would have to also play out of Suncorp Stadium, effectively making them a Brisbane side anyway. No one is going to pay present day prices to go to a third rate facility like QE2 for footy. I can only imagine to if a side did play out of there somehow it would be our fault like everything else is made out to be.

I know it's only a minutes snapshot of the session but it gave me a good laugh knowing what we know about Jarryd's training habits

Looks like he's holding in a shit (maybe they have to lock the toilets there too).

I know it's only a minutes snapshot of the session but it gave me a good laugh knowing what we know about Jarryd's training habits

They should of had the Benny Hill music playing. He was struggling to keep up with that kid.

Looks like he's holding in a shit (maybe they have to lock the toilets there too).

Actually at the start of the video, it looks like he has just come from the bathroom, he gets there after everyone else. Haha

Active Now

• Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • barker
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.