Jarryd

Being Hayne's biggest fan on this site (as far as I can tell), even I'll admit that the Titans' slump last year coincided with Hayne arriving.

He's not solely to blame of course. BP is spot on with regards to their injuries, and we can't ignore that they've been quite impressive even in defeat both towards the end of last year and this year.

Hayne was exactly what the Titans needed, ie, a big shiny name that would attract the attention of the fickle GC supporter base. It's not the first "good idea" to go bad, but it's the easiest for everyone to jump on.

The only reason Titans were even in a position to make the finals is because Eels were docked points for cheating the salary cap, otherwise they never would have made it.

Really? What's the measuring stick for failure? In that case the same could just as easily be said about Hayne.

I would say not achieving what you set out to do at the club, leaving it with a win record below 50% and not leaving the club in any better position than what it was beforehand.

This isn't the first club he has been sacked by. He has never seen out a contract at a club.

Sure, you could say Hayne has failed at every club.

Being Hayne's biggest fan on this site (as far as I can tell), even I'll admit that the Titans' slump last year coincided with Hayne arriving.

He's not solely to blame of course. BP is spot on with regards to their injuries, and we can't ignore that they've been quite impressive even in defeat both towards the end of last year and this year.

They've recently conceded 152 points in 4 matches.......

??

I hope Walters doesn't coach them
He deserves a decent team to coach not a mess that the Titans are. Plus they won't have the financial capability to pay a decent coach anyways. Qld will pay Walters a lot more money than the Titans would
If he bides his time at origin level then the broncos gig will be ripe for him when Bennett retires

So rumours are Kevin Walters could be in the running to take over as coach. Thoughts on this? I think it'd be a massive risk for Walters who has a good gig for the maroons and commentating for fox. Would he need that stress in his life as coach of the titans ?

Personally I'd rather see Walters back at the broncos

Go get good at NRL, bring Ash back.

I really hope they sign the Walker brothers up. A breathe of fresh air and a completely different style to what everyone else is doing is exactly what they need to move on quickly and get people (including their idiot marquee signing) excited again about next season. Their style could be magic at the Titans.

I really hope they sign the Walker brothers up. A breathe of fresh air and a completely different style to what everyone else is doing is exactly what they need to move on quickly and get people (including their idiot marquee signing) excited again about next season. Their style could be magic at the Titans.

My fear would be other teams mimicking it, and in a few years time, the game of rugby league is completely different. I don't actually like the way they play. I'm not about being different, I like rugby league, played the way it should be played.

My fear would be other teams mimicking it, and in a few years time, the game of rugby league is completely different. I don't actually like the way they play. I'm not about being different, I like rugby league, played the way it should be played.

Fair points for sure, though I would love to see such an innovative style come up against the Storm's binary opposite style. It might have the potential to swing the game back in an attacking direction after the last ten years wasted by Storm grubbiness, cheating and dirty tactics.

Fair points for sure, though I would love to see such an innovative style come up against the Storm's binary opposite style. It might have the potential to swing the game back in an attacking direction after the last ten years wasted by Storm grubbiness, cheating and dirty tactics.
My thoughts exactly, the game needs to move on from the wrestle and get back to a free-flowing point-scoring spectacle.

Really? What's the measuring stick for failure? In that case the same could just as easily be said about Hayne.

Yeah I don't get it. YOu

This may have been true a few years ago but the storm now are probably one of the better teams to watch. They have as much ad lib as anybody else. Offloads galore now

This may have been true a few years ago but the storm now are probably one of the better teams to watch. They have as much ad lib as anybody else. Offloads galore now

Yeah I actually completely agree and it is a lot of jealousy about how good a system they have developed down there but the introduction of all that wrestling and the cheating has been a massive blight on the game, I would love to see a team revolutionise the game simply to put Melbourne behind the eight ball for once.

But as said, I completely agree that the Storm are as good to watch as anyone in attack. In fact, I think only the Storm, Broncos and Cowboys (when they have their first team on the park) are exciting to watch these days. Manly can be on their day, as can Parramatta but there isn't much else unfortunately.

Yeah I don't get it. YOu

For a Cowboys fan, you sure like to rub the knob of anything Storm related... :notsureifserious:

For a Cowboys fan, you sure like to rub the knob of anything Storm related... :notsureifserious:

Because they are just so well run it is not funny and I enjoy watching them play. Even when they somehow continuously strangle players in wrestling moves and somehow get them on their backs in nearly every tackle. Other teams have been trying to do it for 5 6 years and they still cant master it.

Yeah I actually completely agree and it is a lot of jealousy about how good a system they have developed down there but the introduction of all that wrestling and the cheating has been a massive blight on the game, I would love to see a team revolutionise the game simply to put Melbourne behind the eight ball for once.

But as said, I completely agree that the Storm are as good to watch as anyone in attack. In fact, I think only the Storm, Broncos and Cowboys (when they have their first team on the park) are exciting to watch these days. Manly can be on their day, as can Parramatta but there isn't much else unfortunately.

I have no problem with the wrestling. If I got to watch a game from the 80s or 90s and today I would still choose today. I dont want league to go back to touch football type quickness. Today to score a try for the most part you have really got to break down a defence not just run out of dummy half or pass it across the line and have about 5 holes gaping wide for easy tries. I have watched atleast 40 50 games from the 80s and I was bored out of my mind. This crap that footy was better back then is just hogwash imo

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • Skathen
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • barker
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.