Jarryd

So TripADeal bankrolled $400k of Hayne's contract. In what capacity? They are a club sponsor, so they can't offer Hayne a 3rd party deal, nor can a 3rd party deal be reliant on him playing for a particular club.

The only thing TripADeal could have done by the rules is tip in an extra $400k of sponsorship money, but if that's the case they sponsored the Titans, not Hayne.

Technically, no one has said that Hayne will not take any less. His manager has said that he "can understand if he would want every cent". Of course the manager wants his cut of the full amount.

So TripADeal bankrolled $400k of Hayne's contract. In what capacity? They are a club sponsor, so they can't offer Hayne a 3rd party deal, nor can a 3rd party deal be reliant on him playing for a particular club.

The only thing TripADeal could have done by the rules is tip in an extra $400k of sponsorship money, but if that's the case they sponsored the Titans, not Hayne.

Technically, no one has said that Hayne will not take any less. His manager has said that he "can understand if he would want every cent". Of course the manager wants his cut of the full amount.

The club is allowed to source some of the TPA's for a marquee player I think.

The club is allowed to source some of the TPA's for a marquee player I think.

Yeah but not $400k worth. I think it's around $300k and that's for the whole squad.

There needs to be an investigation into this!

Isn't it a sponsor's job to bank role the club? No point the NRL paying for it out of every club's money when they can get a sponsor to chip in.

And on cue, Hayne plays the victim card and surprisingly, is only willing to walk away if he gets paid...who saw that coming. :yawn:

I wouldn't walk out without getting my money either.

It seems no other club wants him, so his time in the NRL looks about done. It would be a very stupid decision to walk away without being paid.

Isn't it a sponsor's job to bank role the club? No point the NRL paying for it out of every club's money when they can get a sponsor to chip in.

It is, but "I chipped in $400k for Hayne" is different to bankrolling the club.

I wouldn't walk out without getting my money either.

It seems no other club wants him, so his time in the NRL looks about done. It would be a very stupid decision to walk away without being paid.

Of course but it makes a mockery of his 'being willing to walk away' heroic rubbish. He just wants the easy option to get his money.

From the Titans forum :

attachment.php

It is, but "I chipped in $400k for Hayne" is different to bankrolling the club.

I don't see an issue with it. It's no different to a race car team saying to X Sponsor, we need an engine.

I don't see an issue with it. It's no different to a race car team saying to X Sponsor, we need an engine.
Yep no issues with it as long as it has been included in the cap.

Ladbrokes ending their sponsorship of the Titans early as a direct result of the feud.

There is talk that Walters might be the next Titans coach

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.