Jarryd

Exactly so what's the easy decision? I don't think there is one

They both have to go. Hayne is not performing to the level a 1 million dollar player needs to (not even close), is not a team player and is a destabilising influence.

I think Henry has some good footy brains in there, but he has not handled Hayne well, and his tactics seem to have backfired which has caused him to lose the playing group

Only way for the Tits to rebuild is without both of them

If Hayne's presence is so toxic, than the Titans should subsidise his pay-cheque and hope a team like the Eels, Warriors, Tigers etc can offer him a deal to get him off their books for one season so they can move forward.

I still believe the situation is overblown and instead of accepting the boring answer that the Gold Coast Titans are a middle of the road team that have suffered a stack of injuries and have a bunch of rookies filling key positions, the Hayne-Henry stouche sells more news papers and it's an easy story to write about. The reality is, if Hayne was ever going to find his best form at fullback, it wasn't going to be until 2018 and he was going to be largely co-dependent on other players leading the way for him in 2017. A lot of players have failed to perform for the Gold Coast so far in 2017 like Ryan James, Kevin Proctor, Kane Elgey & Dan Sarginson but it's easier to bag out Hayne because the media displaced their expectations. Hayne was a great signing, not necessarily for what he brought on the field, but the interest he brought off of it. I don't believe the Gold Coast Titans have made the most of his celebrity.

That FoxSports infograph is a great example of the media stirring the pot. Look at the coaching tenures closely and you'll realise they had little to do with Hayne.

Brian Smith - Signed with Newcastle before Hayne had even made his first grade debut.

Jason Taylor - The interim coach before Michael Hagan arrived.

Michael Hagan - Was out of his depth and quit before he could be fired.

Daniel Anderson - If anything, Hayne-Anderson were great for one another. Anderson was shown the door for the same reason things didn't work out at the Warriors - he splintered the playing roster and couldn't get on the same page with the board.

Stephen Kearney - A rookie coach thrown into the deep end and he struggled. A poor coaching acquisition.

Ricky Stuart - Was offered a better deal to join the Canberra Raiders.

Jim Tomsula - A rookie coach barely anyone had heard about thrown into the deep end at a basket case of a franchise. I don't know how Hayne did it, but he managed to find the Parramatta Eels of the NFL.

Henry is really the first coach where this has been an issue. Meanwhile Henry has prior history at North Queensland where he managed to have a falling out with the players.

Last edited:
I see Laurie Daly is now making excuses for him saying its hard for him because the expectation on him is so high because of his ability. To me, thats what separates him from truly great players. CAm Smith, Lockyer, Thurston, Lewis etc all had as much pressure, yet when it mattered they stepped up and they played well most of the time. Hayne isnt anywhere near that class. In fact, compre him to Cronk, who consistently out performs Hayne at every level despite only having a fraction of the natural talent.

I see Laurie Daly is now making excuses for him saying its hard for him because the expectation on him is so high because of his ability. To me, thats what separates him from truly great players. CAm Smith, Lockyer, Thurston, Lewis etc all had as much pressure, yet when it mattered they stepped up and they played well most of the time. Hayne isnt anywhere near that class. In fact, compre him to Cronk, who consistently out performs Hayne at every level despite only having a fraction of the natural talent.
The level of the expectation on Hayne comes with the size of his pay check.

Hayne and Daley should realise this.

Wasn't this the same guy who was being compared to the likes of Lewis, Lockyer, Johns etc?

Hayne can't handle the fucking expectations that comes with the price tag he was happy to take then get yourself in the bargain bin and play at the mediocre level your too happy to dish out.

The level of the expectation on Hayne comes with the size of his pay check.

Hayne and Daley should realise this.

Problem is, he just isnt as good as he thinks he is. At his best, he is out of this world. Problem for him, his best has consisted of the 2014 season and 9 or 10 games in 2009. Not good enough for 10 or 11 seasons of football.

Jarryd not playing this week because of an "ankle injury".

What a self-centred little pussy.

Probably nothing but interesting to note.

Was reading a comment of Chris Walker on an article on this whole drama, when a mate of his had this to say:

"Ask any player that has played under Neil. Treats grown men like kids and expects respect in return. He has lost every playing group he has coached."

What was interesting that one of the few that liked the comment, was old mate Kyle Feldt.

Despite Hayne being the show pony turd that he is, maybe there's more to Henry than we think?

Edit:
Also noticed on the same article, Berrigan tagged Webb saying that they both know what they're (Taylor and Elgey being upset with Henry) on about..

Investigative journalism at its finest!

Probably nothing but interesting to note.

Was reading a comment of Chris Walker on an article on this whole drama, when a mate of his had this to say:

"Ask any player that has played under Neil. Treats grown men like kids and expects respect in return. He has lost every playing group he has coached."

What was interesting that one of the few that liked the comment, was old mate Kyle Feldt.

Despite Hayne being the show pony turd that he is, maybe there's more to Henry than we think?

Edit:
Also noticed on the same article, Berrigan tagged Webb saying that they both know what they're (Taylor and Elgey being upset with Henry) on about..

Investigative journalism at its finest!

Because Henry is a shit coach. He has failed at every single club he has been a head coach at and will continue to fail because he just isn't head coach material.

The problem at the Titans is not Hayne. It's Henry.

Because Henry is a shit coach. He has failed at every single club he has been a head coach at and will continue to fail because he just isn't head coach material.

The problem at the Titans is not Hayne. It's Henry.

Not arguing that, it was refreshing to see players and former players alike alluding to actual reasons behind why he's a poor coach.

Jarryd Hayne will demand every cent of his $1.2 million Titans contract
Peter Badel EXCLUSIVE, The Courier-Mail39 minutes ago

BESIEGED Jarryd Hayne is prepared to play hardball by demanding every cent of his $1.2 million contract if the superstar recruit is axed by the Titans.

His stance comes as the millionaire who helped deliver him to the Titans, club sponsor Norm Black, slammed suggestions Hayne is a destabilising influence who has tried to knife embattled coach Neil Henry.

Black, whose company TripADeal bankrolled $400,000 of Hayne’s $1 million contract, also lifted the lid on the big-money deal, revealing Henry was heavily involved in recruiting the two-time Dally M Medallist.

The Titans board is furious with Henry for attempting to distance himself from Hayne’s signing, but Black claims the coach attended several meetings to broker the deal.

Speculation is rife Titans hierarchy will attempt to offload Hayne from the final year of his deal but doing so will come at an enormous cost that could destroy their salary-cap position for next season.

NRL clubs regularly offload players by agreeing to a subsidised deal with their future employer but the Hayne camp has no interest in a compensation package to expedite his departure from the Titans.

“Hayne has been hung out to dry,” said Black.

“If Jarryd is moved on, I can understand if he would want every cent

“Jarryd never held a gun to the Titans’ head and said pay me $1 million.

“The Titans moved mountains to get him there and they were happy to collect all the revenue from his debut game against the Warriors. It was phenomenal.

“The Titans will confirm they got their money back within three months of signing Hayne with jersey sales and merchandise.
“I put this to someone ... would you leave your job on a contract and say I’ll take only half, even if I’ve done nothing wrong, because you’ve decided you don’t want me?

“Jarryd’s intentions are to be at the Titans next season. But if they don’t want him, well he will move on, but he won’t leave for a cent less and I understand that.

“It’s crazy to expect him to be paid anything less than he deserves.”

Black confirmed TripADeal is reviewing their $500,000 club jersey sponsorship following the Hayne fallout.

He scoffed at suggestions Henry never wanted to sign Hayne and blasted claims the fullback is deliberately undermining the under fire coach.

Asked on Tuesday if he wanted Hayne at the club, Henry replied: “Collectively the club came to a decision to sign him.”
“Neil Henry has been involved from day one in bringing Jarryd Hayne to the Titans,” Black said.
“Every meeting I sat in, Neil Henry was there.

“If he didn’t want Jarryd, he has a great poker face because he showed incredible enthusiasm to have Hayne on his roster.
“Neil made the first phone call to Wayne Beavis (Hayne’s manager), he continually worked and negotiated to ensure that we were good to bring him to the club.

“Any suggestion that Jarryd has run a campaign to have Henry sacked is a joke.

“I talk to Jarryd Hayne all the time and not once has he discredited Neil Henry.

“To pin all this on Jarryd when the Titans have leaked more than 100 points in three weeks is disgraceful.

“This whole thing has been handled poorly by the club. The whole issue goes deeper than Neil and Jarryd Hayne ... I’m like, ‘Where is this club going?’.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/bde2e1fc529a886b3745e23a0ce642ef

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • Manifesto
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • davidp
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.