Jarryd

There is talk that Walters might be the next Titans coach

They will toss up the name of every available coach.

With Toovey apparently on the outer in the SL he'd be my choice, 100%

Gold Coast Titans star Jarryd Hayne skips watching team play
Emma Greenwood, Gold Coast Bulletinan hour ago

SENIOR Titans are continuing to support coach Neil Henry as it emerges star player Jarryd Hayne did not join his teammates at Thursday night’s game against the Eels despite being in Sydney.

Titans players Jarrod Wallace and former Kevin Proctor said they had not seen Hayne at the game on Thursday despite him being in Sydney to get treatment on a foot injury.

“I know he went down to Sydney and I think he got some treatment from his doctor down there but I’m not too sure if he came to the game or not,” Proctor said.

Wallace also confirmed the players had not seen Hayne at the game but said it did not matter, with the playing group confident he would have been supporting the team wherever he was.

“I’m sure he would have been supporting us wherever he was,” Wallace said.

“He probably wanted to stay away from all the cameras because if he was there and cameras everywhere it might have taken the focus off the team and been a bit of a distraction.

“I don’t think it really matters if he was there.”

Hayne did not travel with the team to Sydney on Wednesday but headed down in his own time for treatment on his injured foot and ankle.

The Titans star reportedly had dinner with former Eels teammates on Friday night but was not seen by the Titans players.

The future of Hayne and Henry is set to be decided at a board meeting as early as today.

And while speculation continues to mount that Henry could lose his job, Proctor and Wallace said the team stood united behind the coach.

Former co-captain Proctor confirmed he, captain Ryan James and fellow leader Nathan Peats had fronted chief executive Graham Annesley to tell him of their support for Henry.

Despite some reports to the contrary, the coach was not present at the time and the players had not felt any pressure to support him.

“We went there by ourselves and just said what we wanted to say and spoke for the players and told them our side of the story,” Proctor said.

“We had a good yarn and got our point across.

“We’re all backing him as players and I’m hoping the board does that too.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...y/news-story/52194733a243b46dd7b71e9802741e33

Gotta feel for the bloke, can't say he did a whole lot wrong with the roster he's had, 20% of their cap is going to a guy who's barely playing good enough to be in the NRL and has a completely toxic attitude, they have a sophomore halves pairing who are still learning the game, the worst outside backs in the comp, a slightly overrated forward pack and no bench to speak of.

Unlucky Neil.

Hayne is a germ. If Titans have any sense, they will dispose of him as well. He is toxic.

.370 winning pctg at the Titans and .430 for his career. He's a nice guy but he isn't exactly a winner. The Titans have been deplorable the past six weeks. Something had to give.

Hayne is a germ. If Titans have any sense, they will dispose of him as well. He is toxic.

Short term pain for long term gain.

It's not financially viable for the Titans to offload Hayne as he is making $1.2 million a season and they will have to pay every single cent and be $1.2 million worse off the rest of the comp the following season(s).

Wait until he is off contract, that way they won't have to pay him anything.

But I imagine it won't come to that. The Titans got rid of the heart of the problem.

It's not financially viable for the Titans to offload Hayne as he is making $1.2 million a season and they will have to pay every single cent and be $1.2 million worse off the rest of the comp the following season(s).

But I imagine it won't come to that. The Titans got rid of the heart of the problem.

How is Henry the heart of the problem?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise Hayne is the heart of the problem. Things were going great for them for the first time in years til that dickhead came swanning into town.

The way Hayne is playing, they're $1.1 million worse off anyway. Add in the off- field shit and they're better off dumping him.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise Hayne is the heart of the problem. Things were going great for them for the first time in years til that dickhead came swanning into town.

Everyone acts like Titans were on their way to a top 4 spot and showing to be a premiership threat before Hayne came along.. They were in and out of the 8 the whole season and they still made the finals with him. And they were still losing without him.

Now that teams have done their homework on them and figured them out, they don't have a reply.

Their lacklustre attack and poor defence has been an issue for them. The inconsistency from the halves and the forwards.

The constant chopping and changing of the spine also hasn't helped them as it hasn't allowed them to build combinations and get some continuity in the spine, and who's decision was that?

He has failed at every single club he has been at and it's always been the same thing. Poor performances and lack of consistency from his players. He just isn't very good at building a side and getting the best out of them week in week out. They will have good patches every now and then, but it's always ended in tears.

And there are reports emerging that he has lost the playing group as they are getting fed up with the way he coaches.

There is no denying Hayne has been stinking it up, but so has everyone else.

So rumours are Kevin Walters could be in the running to take over as coach. Thoughts on this? I think it'd be a massive risk for Walters who has a good gig for the maroons and commentating for fox. Would he need that stress in his life as coach of the titans ?

Personally I'd rather see Walters back at the broncos

So rumours are Kevin Walters could be in the running to take over as coach. Thoughts on this? I think it'd be a massive risk for Walters who has a good gig for the maroons and commentating for fox. Would he need that stress in his life as coach of the titans ?

Personally I'd rather see Walters back at the broncos

I just can't see it personally.

I hope Walters ends up coaching the Titans, just so we can poach him in a few years time.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Gympie devil
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • The Don
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.