Jarryd

He will without a doubt perform next year to get another good contract from somewhere in Sydney.

He wants the Titans to axe him so he can basically get his pay at a Sydney club imo (with Titans contributing). That is what he is angling for.

He might really think people in general are really stupid not to see that. It is as clear as day.

He should just start his own competition that only has him in it and people come to watch and cheer him stand in the middle of a field doing nothing. He'd like that.

Neil Henry on 9 news: There is no feud with Jarryd Hayne and never was, it's all just a beat up.

A smart club would only sign him to one year deals if he wants to only perform in contract years

Neil Henry on 9 news: There is no feud with Jarryd Hayne and never was, it's all just a beat up.

I'm sure these coaches and administrators think their fans are a bunch of idiots.

A smart club would only sign him to one year deals if he wants to only perform in contract years
A "smart" club would find a better use for $1.2 million of salary cap space.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...r/news-story/4d3250a2ebb2a001dc0b6dc32a9aafd6

THE Titans’ crisis has intensified with the club’s best young halves, Ash Taylor and Kane Elgey, ready to quit unless coach Neil Henry is sacked over the Jarryd Hayne affair.
The development comes as former Queensland star Chris Walker, a foundation Titan, warned losing Taylor would be as damaging as Johnathan Thurston quitting Canterbury to join the Cowboys 12 years ago.
The Courier-Mail can reveal senior recruitment officers at rival NRL clubs have been advised Taylor and Elgey will not sign new contracts with the Titans as long as Henry remains in charge.
It is damning evidence that player disenchantment in Henry goes beyond Hayne — and threatens to cost the Titans the two playmakers being groomed to spearhead the Coast for the next decade.

The Titans board are aware of the growing player dissatisfaction with Henry.
Chief executive Graham Annesley alluded to the tensions on Monday when he said: “It’s broader than what might appear on the surface in relation to Jarryd and Neil.”
The threat of losing Elgey and Taylor, who is being targeted by the Broncos, represents the final straw for a Titans board that views terminating Henry as a real option to harmonise the playing group.
It can also be revealed a number of players, interviewed by Titans bosses in recent weeks, backed Hayne over Henry, denying the NSW Origin star is a toxic influence.
One player told Titans hierarchy Hayne could be a premiership-winning force if the coaching staff could extract the best of him.

Former Australian Schoolboys sensation Elgey and Taylor are both off-contract next season and Broncos coach Wayne Bennett is ready to strike if the latter walks out on the Titans over the Henry saga.
The Titans board have been notified of Taylor and Elgey’s grievances. Annesley vowed to do everything possible to ensure Taylor pledges his long-term future to the Titans.
“Negotiations with players and their managers are private and confidential,” he said.
“But we will do everything we can within the constraints of our budget and salary cap to retain our key players.
“In relation to Ash, we see him as an important part of the club’s future and nothing has changed our position on that, but ultimately, Ash is the only one who can make the decision.”

cd7a823ab472e3cd9892e9cd5b780cc7

7029258e02db150caffedcfc91a48496

Hayne's coaching curse
Henry spoke for the first time about allegations several Titans players — not Hayne solely — have problems with his coaching style.
“I can’t comment on that,” he said. “He (Annesley) said that and he has garnished some information, time will tell about that.
“That will be part of what the board deliberates on.
“You can’t expect your whole squad will buy into what you do. Every week, you only pick 17 out of a squad of 32 or 33 and some players will be unhappy, that’s the nature of the beast in any sport.
“I have been coaching a long time. I know that. I’m a realist, we are in a tough business as coaches and it doesn’t take much for there to be some speculation.
“Hopefully I am here for at least another 12 months.”
461acff12c68f9280be19c060e5671f0

It appears the players are backing Hayne over the coach. (Chris Hyde/Getty Images)
Walker, who scored the Titans’ first ever try in 2007, urged Gold Coast hierarchy to do whatever it takes to keep Taylor at the club.
“Ash Taylor looks unhappy to me,” he said.
“If he is considering moving on because of the coach, well there’s only one decision the Titans can make and that’s to part ways with Neil Henry.
“The Bulldogs lost Johnathan Thurston all those years ago and it turned out to be a decision they still regret to this day.
“If Ash Taylor left the Titans over this drama, it would be just as damaging as the Bulldogs losing Thurston.”
Buiness growth worth fighting for
Sponsored by Suncorp

Borrowing the tin-foil hat for a moment, is it possible that there's a push to destabilise the Titans from powerful entities scrambling for a new/reborn club (ie Norths/other?) via journalists/media. The rubbish being printed is just the sort of stuff to ruin a club that's already on life-support.

Puff, puff, pass.

I really think it's just a real prick of a player.

I'll still join though.

Totally agree, more aggressive coach needed . U can never blame a single player for the teams performance.... I mean come on??? U want to get rid of jarryd Hayne? It's Fukin jarryd Hayne...!! Better to have him playing with u than against u.

Totally agree, more aggressive coach needed . U can never blame a single player for the teams performance.... I mean come on??? U want to get rid of jarryd Hayne? It's Fukin jarryd Hayne...!! Better to have him playing with u than against u.

His lazy and only wants to do for him. I feel for the titans, there struggling and need creative, experienced, hard working players to help them, not the so called "one of the greatest ". Jarryd loves the fame and the attention and apart from gurney sales,what has he brought? He brings the wrong attitude about and I don't think he really cares about the object here and that's to win a grand final, the Titans need a workhorse back there to swoop and protect there line, not a gold digger

May I ask why the radical change of opinion in such a short time? Or was this a troll thread all along?

I'm just saying whether jarryd may or may not be the right marquee player for the titans but however he's performance is not the problem for there poor results. It's a team game u can't blame or single out a single player . It's a coaching perspective , He's employed to handle the teams fundamentals & functionality and that includes the psychological strength to over come & resolve the difference of opinions & attitudes between players and coaching staff. Jarryd is a great player, however i question he's integrity and ability to lead & drive with enthusiasm towards one team. To play for the club...A real team man. Stay & play "not" stay & pay" . That's the fullback I think the titans need for longevity however the problem seems to be a combination of egos, respectable attitudes, money & lack of communication from all fronts . No matter where the problem lies it's up to Coaching staff to fix it. Despite all opinion of player and coach it's definitely not jarryds performance that's making them lose games.

@adam, are we watching the same Titans games? His performances all season have been terrible. He may not be single-handedly losing them games but he sure isn't single-handedly helping them at all. He is their marque signing, that is exactly what he should be trying to do. There is no excuse for his selfish antics.

And Henry just clearly isn't that good a coach, he is decidedly average, maybe slightly above average but the Titans won't lose anything without him there.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.