RUMOUR Jayden Nikorima to the Broncos

Honestly have never seen the kid play (well) but he got thrown into first grade at a new club with a bunch of other rookies and a team that was losing to everyone bar Newcastle.

Put him in a good team, some players he's familiar with (aka his brother) and I'm sure he can get back to the level he was hyped to.

I've only seen very minimal of him so can't comment on his talent but why should we chase him? He was told we wanted him to stay but he left anyway. At this stage he's certainly not worth the 300k the Roosters are paying him. His only plus side I can see is that him and Kodi would know each others' game inside out. But is Kodi our longterm halfback anyway?

Offer him 100-150k and he is ABSOLUTELY worth taking the punt on. His sort of talent doesn't just disappear, particularly when there are no major injuries in there. He may just be one of those players that just fall by the wayside but at that kind of base wage, he is DEFINITELY worth the punt. It would be his last and only opportunity, so if he wants to make a career out of this sport, he would sink or swim. Again, at base wage levels, he is a no-brainer for a punt. At 200k plus, we say thanks but no thanks.

The best I remember seeing Jayden play was in the Broncos v Warriors NYC 2014 Grand final, we were down 34-6 or something like that with 20 mins to go, he came on and pretty much turned the game on his own and we end up just losing 34-32.

I don't think he was given a fair go at the Roosters. I think they expected him to just slot in and be instantly amazing, when he wasn't they just quickly discarded him.

I think his size probably puts a few clubs off as well.

The best I remember seeing Jayden play was in the Broncos v Warriors NYC 2014 Grand final, we were down 34-6 or something like that with 20 mins to go, he came on and pretty much turned the game on his own and we end up just losing 34-32.

I don't think he was given a fair go at the Roosters. I think they expected him to just slot in and be instantly amazing, when he wasn't they just quickly discarded him.

I think his size probably puts a few clubs off as well.

Roosters might have rushed him in too early, but he's been playing reserve grade most of the time since moving, so why can't he start showing what he's got now in reggies? If he got ruined by the little stint in the FG side, he obviously doesn't have what it takes to make it as a good NRL player.

He could do a Hunt role off the bench, we won't have Macca for a fair chunk of next season and the Roosters owe us for Kennedy.

Roosters might have rushed him in too early, but he's been playing reserve grade most of the time since moving, so why can't he start showing what he's got now in reggies? If he got ruined by the little stint in the FG side, he obviously doesn't have what it takes to make it as a good NRL player.

I'd just say that he is not happy there and it is reflected in his performances.

latest news are the roosters are still desperate to off load jayden but there has been bugger all interest from any clubs, however we are now considering taking him back for some unknown reason.

Depth i guess. Benji and hunt moving on.

Made the Residents side so he isn't going that badly but a regular first grade career is probably doubtful.

that residents team nsw run out with was pretty ordinary. they got flogged by qld this year.

I'd take him back on a one year deal, but i wouldnt be paying him over 100k. He has it all to prove again. The potential he had has been thrown out of the window since he moved to the roosters and failed. Similar in a lot of ways to Lichaa at the Bulldogs, big potential, failure to deliver on it.

I think he still has the potential to come good. Still very young and stacked with talent. Just needs the right environment, and some time.

I think the Roosters did him no favours by pitching him into the NRL before he was ready. In saying that I didn't think he was that poor in his few games in top grade in a team that was struggling badly.

Get him home. Watch him flourish.

I think he still has the potential to come good. Still very young and stacked with talent. Just needs the right environment, and some time.

I think the Roosters did him no favours by pitching him into the NRL before he was ready. In saying that I didn't think he was that poor in his few games in top grade in a team that was struggling badly.

Get him home. Watch him flourish.

Do you think he could be better than Kodi?

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.