RUMOUR Jayden Nikorima to the Broncos

I think he still has the potential to come good. Still very young and stacked with talent. Just needs the right environment, and some time.

I think the Roosters did him no favours by pitching him into the NRL before he was ready. In saying that I didn't think he was that poor in his few games in top grade in a team that was struggling badly.

Get him home. Watch him flourish.

agree completely. I think he fell into the rookie trap of being impatient and chasing the money and possible first grade position too early, rather than remain in the better developmental system.

Do you think he could be better than Kodi?

IMO, Jayden was always the more talented of the two, and if he wasn't so impatient (or chose against chasing the higher money), he may well have overtaken Kodi in the Broncos pecking order by now.

going to the Roosters was a bad move for the kid

I always thought he looked at better player than Kodi tbh, but Kodi has been nurtured in the right environment, Jayden chased the dollars and probably promises of NRL football and its backfired big time for him.

Seeing him and Copely in the Mitchell Pearce dog hump video, defs the wrong environment.

Seeing him and Copely in the Mitchell Pearce dog hump video, defs the wrong environment.

Which is the biggest problem he had IMO. I imagine the plan for him was to fight it out with Hastings over who would partner Pearce. The spontaneous bestiality by Pearce fucked both of them imo and the Roosters aren't really known for nurturing.......the seem to prefer to discard. Back home in a familiar environment around his family and friends will be his only shot at making this his career.

that residents team nsw run out with was pretty ordinary. they got flogged by qld this year.
It's still a second tier All Star game and he made the side which is no small achievement.

I hope not. Do you know the whereabouts of the last two Rooster discards who signed on with the Broncos?

I was thinking about it, there were quite a few numpties we got from the Roosters in the last decade or so.

Ben Hannant - not exactly a numpty, but was never particularly good for us
Antonio Winterstein - not quite a numpty either, but not a great/memorable signing, didn't hang around long
David Hala - Injured more often than not, never lived up to his potential
Lama Tasi - Shit
Martin Kennedy - Captain Numpty

Is there anyone else? Ofa was at the Roosters for a bit, but was in our U20s side until his FG debut. Was the last good one Justin Hodges 12 years ago?

I was thinking about it, there were quite a few numpties we got from the Roosters in the last decade or so.

Antonio Winterstein - not quite a numpty either, but not a great/memorable signing, didn't hang around long
Lama Tasi - Shit

Is there anyone else? Ofa was at the Roosters for a bit, but was in our U20s side until his FG debut. Was the last good one Justin Hodges 12 years ago?
Darren Burns was another one early this century.

Lama Tasi - Shit

How many of them came from our developmental system before heading to the Roosters ...

The Broncos signed Rohan Ahern just to watch his career get torn apart by injury. Joseph Forrester was supposed to be one of the best players coming through our 20s system before he mysteriously vanished. Andrew Clayton made the NYC side of the year, signed with the Sharks before his career came to a grinding halt and he was struggling to play ISC.

I'd consider Hannant and Winterstein success stories. By the time it was all said and done, the Broncos got more value out of those players than the Roosters ever did. Hodges was a superstar of his generation, so the stakes were always going to be higher. Winterstein wasn't even a Broncos signing originally, he signed with Easts, he was invited to pre-season training and impressed enough he ended up playing every game that season. The only reason he left was because he pulled a Hoffman and thought he was a centre. First year in North Queensland he barely made it on the field and he eventually sucked it up, played on the wing and has managed to break the double digit barrier four seasons straight.

The Broncos signed Rohan Ahern just to watch his career get torn apart by injury. Joseph Forrester was supposed to be one of the best players coming through our 20s system before he mysteriously vanished. Andrew Clayton made the NYC side of the year, signed with the Sharks before his career came to a grinding halt and he was struggling to play ISC.

I'd consider Hannant and Winterstein success stories. By the time it was all said and done, the Broncos got more value out of those players than the Roosters ever did. Hodges was a superstar of his generation, so the stakes were always going to be higher. Winterstein wasn't even a Broncos signing originally, he signed with Easts, he was invited to pre-season training and impressed enough he ended up playing every game that season. The only reason he left was because he pulled a Hoffman and thought he was a centre. First year in North Queensland he barely made it on the field and he eventually sucked it up, played on the wing and has managed to break the double digit barrier four seasons straight.
What ever happened to Joseph Forrester?

Last I heard he moved back to the Northern Territory and was playing club League and AFL.
Strange. From the news articles he had the world at his feet. In 2013-2015 he was looking at offers from Brisbane Lions and Essendon and the Broncos. Really weird to just bail on that.

I always thought fans were a bit too harsh on Winterstein.

Sure, he wasn't Yow Yeh and he had his flaws but he was a quality finisher and a consistent try-scorer. He caused a bit of grief, especially under the high ball, but I thought the good outweighed the bad. He was always the kind of player that tried to make up for his mistakes.

I remember in Round 4 of the 2009 season, the Dragons targeted him all night long and got a lot of success from it, especially Wendell who completely destroyed him. Then in the semi at Suncorp, the Dragons tried the same tactic, this time Winterstein handled everything that came his way and was one of the reasons why we won. Defensively he was a rock and contained Wendell and with Yow Yeh containing Morris, that was two of their best strike weapons on the edges nullified.

As for Hannant, his second stint with the Broncos was a mixed bag but I thought he did very well before he left us. He was showing some promising signs in being able to fill the void that Webcke left. His 2008 season arguably being his best season with us.

Yep. One of those Origin / International front rower numpties...

:mmmmdoughnut:
Going to say the same thing. In 2008 he was nearly the best front rower in the comp. He was bloody good when we got him back from the Roosters.

I hope not. Do you know the whereabouts of the last two Rooster discards who signed on with the Broncos?

He is a broncs junior though , so there some good in him. He was also highly rated here , i have no issues taking a punt on him.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • Howzat
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  • johnyE
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • Morkel
  • Bish
  • Morepudding
  • Fozz
  • john1420
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.