Jharal Yow Yeh injury update thread

Just a question. When is he off contract..? What sought of money is he on at the moment. From memory he just resigned with us before the injury...?

Dont for one minute think i want him gone btw. He is a legend IMO.

The latest injury is unrelated to whether or not his career is over.

He'll be playing QCup later this year. He's only young. The body can heal well and adapt.

I completely agree he's never going to be a pacey, athletic winger that we all know and that he made a name on. But if he's a true competitor and footballer, he might have another role in the forwards or centres. That's his challenge.

Hell Jason Smith probably never ran more than 10 metres in his whole career.

He would have for a beer and a smoke

Just a question. When is he off contract..? What sought of money is he on at the moment. From memory he just resigned with us before the injury...?

Dont for one minute think i want him gone btw. He is a legend IMO.

His contract ends at the end of 2015.

JYY won't be back, he knows it and the broncos know it. They are honouring his contract and treating him with the respect he deserves and giving him every chance for a miracle. I hope to see them hire him at the club in another capacity somehow.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the club already had a special off-field role for him while he was out injured although I can't find any article to back that up. If his contract isn't renewed I agree that the club should keep him around as he still has a role to play, regardless of whether it's on or off the field.

Any idea on what type of coin he is on at the moment. I thought he got upgraded to a decent size contract. Could be wrong though.

I think I remember it being somewhere between 300 to 400 thousand yearly.

Heard from a 'sauce' that Norths were (or going to) trial him at 5/8th/Half as a possible solution to our current halves issue. It could work. He's always had good vision, can kick decently, and while never passed much being on the wing, could certainly handle that with his natural skill. Also he wouldn't get barrelled in defence coz he's now massive. Although assuming Hunt becomes at least a solid 7 and Milford next year, he wouldn't get a crack in 2015 and he'll more than likely be on the comeback for most of this season just with this current injury and ongoing rehab/match fitness

But anyway, pure speculation you'd think. (Source is a friend of a friend of JYY)

Turn him into a bench utility, could work very nicely indeed!!

I wondered about Yow Yeh at 6 for awhile. I never brought it up because we really haven't seen anything at all of his passing and kicking game, but at this point, if he had just a keen eye for what was happening around him alone, he would walk into the 6.

I wondered about Yow Yeh at 6 for awhile. I never brought it up because we really haven't seen anything at all of his passing and kicking game, but at this point, if he had just a keen eye for what was happening around him alone, he would walk into the 6.

Well we do know he has one good and bloody accurate grubber.

Well we do know he has one good and bloody accurate grubber.

That would be a fuckload more useful than Hoffman if the forwards can consistently get him within 20 metres of the tryline.

Get him out there in a wheel chair, still more kicking ability than the Hoff

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.