Jharal Yow Yeh injury update thread

I love the kid but at this point, with the club struggling to get back into decent form, he is fighting an uphill battle for a first grade spot.

What will be interesting is what the club do with him when his contract is up. It's either this year or next it expires. I would say he would of had a good deal last time he signed. He will have to take a massive pay cut or find another club if he wants to keep playing. Either way it should free up some coin for the club.

Yow Yeh is contracted until the end of 2015, so he has time to show why the Broncos should offer him another contract.

They said they would honor his contract, but they never said they would offer him another one.

Yow Yeh is contracted until the end of 2015, so he has time to show why the Broncos should offer him another contract.

They said they would honor his contract, but they never said they would offer him another one.

I would fucking HATE having to be the person to tell him we're letting him go. That would be the hardest thing I've ever done.

I would ****ing HATE having to be the person to tell him we're letting him go. That would be the hardest thing I've ever done.
The club should know by then if he's worth keeping on as a player or not and I suspect he would know too. If it's not good news, I hope they keep him on in some capacity at the club.

If he doesn't return to playing I think he'll probably be offered some sort of Youth or Indigenous Ambassador role.

They'll find him something to do. Besides it's not like we don't have the money to look after him

Actually I doubt YY is thinking about anything but playing on and having a long career. It will be another 9 months or so in my opinion before he gets back to where he belongs. I suspect he will heal quite well but it is the sort of thing that takes up to 2 years to get back to the point where he truly forgets he had an injury. I consider his current status as still 'recovering '.

It's not about negativity anymore. Even Jharal must be thinking to himself that he is wasting his time.

The bloke has a real passion for the game and the Broncos. He's slowly improving his body by playing a game he loves and being around his mates. How the hell is that a waste of time?

I mean, I'm highly skeptical as to if we'll ever see him be a factor in the NRL again, but that doesn't mean I don't hope I'm wrong, or that he's wasting his time.

If everyone had cammac's "realistic" approach to life, we would never have witnessed the most amazing recoveries from people who refused to lay down and accept their "fate". Plenty of those in Rugby League too, like Mini, Tate, Ben Ross to name only a few.

Jharal can be another miracle recovery or it may not happen, but he deserves all the support in the world and hopefully none of the people around him think that way!

Hopefully he comes back like Tate, and not as shitty as Minichiello!

JYY won't be back, he knows it and the broncos know it. They are honouring his contract and treating him with the respect he deserves and giving him every chance for a miracle. I hope to see them hire him at the club in another capacity somehow.

The latest injury is unrelated to whether or not his career is over.

He'll be playing QCup later this year. He's only young. The body can heal well and adapt.

I completely agree he's never going to be a pacey, athletic winger that we all know and that he made a name on. But if he's a true competitor and footballer, he might have another role in the forwards or centres. That's his challenge.

Hell Jason Smith probably never ran more than 10 metres in his whole career.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • LGH
  • Mr Fourex
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncoscope
  • KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.