Jharal Yow Yeh injury update thread

"If I can't fit on the wing, I hope Anthony (coach Anthony Griffin) puts me somewhere else because I don't ever want to leave this club.

"I'll play off the bench if I have to. I don't care."

fantastic to hear.

i cant imagine going through what he has. ive never wanted a player to come back from an injury and play to their best like i do for him. was absolutely horrific to see, made worse by the fact that he was turning into such a great player.

With that attitude, he needs to be in the team.

We really missed the 'if in doubt, bomb to Yow Yeh' play. He was so good under the highball.

The biggest challenge won't be regaining mobility or fitness, the real battle is whether he can find the confidence to once more jump into crowded packs.

"I probably won't play any representative football, although I'll be busting my bum to make those teams.

"If I can't fit on the wing, I hope Anthony (coach Anthony Griffin) puts me somewhere else because I don't ever want to leave this club.

"I'll play off the bench if I have to. I don't care.

I've had faith in him from the start that he can get back to his best and I still have faith that he will. Maybe not immediately, but perhaps by the seasons end if he stays on the field and manages to get to 100% confidence he could return to his best. Who knows about his footwork, don't know till he actually can run at 100% whether he's lost it or not. He was turning into such a great player for us before the injury, I really hope he can get back to that.

I can't wait to see Hodges and Yow Yeh playing side by side again.

Inspirational. Kids can learn a lot from this fella. He isn't being selfish and is putting the club before himself.

I still struggle to see him playing much next year. Hope I am wrong though.

"I probably won't play any representative football, although I'll be busting my bum to make those teams.

"I'll play off the bench if I have to. I don't care.

I've had faith in him from the start that he can get back to his best and I still have faith that he will. Maybe not immediately, but perhaps by the seasons end if he stays on the field and manages to get to 100% confidence he could return to his best. Who knows about his footwork, don't know till he actually can run at 100% whether he's lost it or not. He was turning into such a great player for us before the injury, I really hope he can get back to that.

I can't wait to see Hodges and Yow Yeh playing side by side again.

gee he sounds like a terrific young bloke ... clearly has a great attitude in terms of his own self and the team .. must be an absolute delight to coach a guy like him ...

The NRL really needs to herald the switched on, straight shooters like him when they're thinking about their annual marketing promotional stuff ... could never understand why a guy like Preston Campbell was ignored for these types of things while d*ckheads from down south got the nod and would inevitably cause the campaign to be pulled due to some attrocity they'd commit a week later ..

I still struggle to see him playing much next year. Hope I am wrong though.

same, i think he'll struggle to get a first grade match. heres hoping he does and does well. definitely do not want him pushing to come back earlier than he should though.

Amazing stuff. Love it. After being in a pissed off mood about the team recently, stemming from comments about not trying, this makes me feel extra proud to be a broncos fan. What a great kid. I'm definitely rooting for him to have a long career in the Maroon and Gold.

Can't wait for the first home game for JYY when he returns. Standing ovation for sure.

You could make a good argument that the Broncos whole season suffered due solely to the JYY injury. Play the percentages, field position, roll the dice and bomb to the wings. Works well until dice is no longer loaded in your favour with JYY and Jack Reed climbing ladders over their opponents.

As good a story as it would be to have him back in the NRL in Round 1, I think it would be for the best for him to get some confidence back in QLD Cup to start off with. You've just got to be extra careful.

Really looking forward to his first game back. At NRL level or Q Cup.

Anyone catch the 7 news bit?

His ankle has a skin graft the size of a tennis ball over the area where his bone went through :scared:

I wonder if he keeps that or they cut it back later on...

I didn't catch the 7 news bit but I saw a photo of the skin graft in the Courier Mail a few months ago.

It looks like Frankenstein's ankle except instead of green it's a disgusting shade of yellow. Yow Yeh mentioned they had to make it really fatty to help stabilise the ankle.

I remember them saying that he'd be getting lipo on it eventually, just needed all the fat there for something while recovering.

The story on Yow Yeh made feel a lot more confident of his return. I think he could end up in the centres eventually.

Great to see Yow Yeh back in training, even if its limited at this stage, every step forward is positive!

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.