Jharal Yow Yeh injury update thread

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...since-leg-injury/story-e6frep5x-1226515146555

TEST and Origin winger Jharal Yow Yeh has trained with his Broncos teammates for the first time since suffering a horrific career-threatening leg injury.

The 22-year-old shattered his ankle in Brisbane’s Round 4 clash with South Sydney in Perth in March this year which placed his blossoming rugby league career on a knife’s edge.

After a series of operations and gruelling rehabilitation work, Yow Yeh did some light running at Brisbane’s training session at Purtell Park this morning in his first team session since the nasty injury.

The club said it was placing no timelines and no pressure on Yow Yeh to return to the playing field in 2013.

would be a massive boost for him mentally to finally be 'back with the team'.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...since-leg-injury/story-e6frep5x-1226515146555

TEST and Origin winger Jharal Yow Yeh has trained with his Broncos teammates for the first time since suffering a horrific career-threatening leg injury.

The 22-year-old shattered his ankle in Brisbane’s Round 4 clash with South Sydney in Perth in March this year which placed his blossoming rugby league career on a knife’s edge.

After a series of operations and gruelling rehabilitation work, Yow Yeh did some light running at Brisbane’s training session at Purtell Park this morning in his first team session since the nasty injury.

The club said it was placing no timelines and no pressure on Yow Yeh to return to the playing field in 2013.

If any NRL team will do a proper job of rehabilitation and giving Jharal the best shot at playing again, it is the Broncos.

PS any word on Jordan Kahu's recovery?

If any NRL team will do a proper job of rehabilitation and giving Jharal the best shot at playing again, it is the Broncos.

PS any word on Jordan Kahu's recovery?

Pretty sure Jordan Kahu is training fully with the team.

Just saw the channel 9 sport with Yow Yew, I will be shocked his he makes it back playing footy.

Just saw the channel 9 sport with Yow Yew, I will be shocked his he makes it back playing footy.

What happened?? Did he have a chat or something??

There was an interview & they showed him 'training' & he wasn't walking properly. (I know it's early days)

He stumbled a few times. (he looks so different, he is slimmer in the face etc.

Where the bone came through the skin, it looks like he has a tennis ball there & it will look like that forever.

I think it was done today. (Erin Molan did the interview)

I think it was done today. (Erin Molan did the interview)
The images of the tennis ball ankle must be old then, because the last time I saw YY, you could barely see anything...

It will be a tough road back. I'll be surprised if he gets back to playing NRL standard footy this year.

The images of the tennis ball ankle must be old then, because the last time I saw YY, you could barely see anything...

Haven't they only been back at training for a week. He was with the other players.

When he fell, you could see the large ball in his ankle.

Last edited:
There's absolutely no reason why he won't get back on the park this year.

Just to go against all the negativity I'm going to back him to be ready for round 1.

Go Yow Yeh!

Not good news I'm afraid and this only strengthens the case to recruit Kemp.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ter-more-surgery/story-e6frep5x-1226561174417

UNLUCKY Broncos winger Jharal Yow Yeh's NRL comeback plans have received another setback after undergoing more surgery on his ankle.

The Test and Queensland State of Origin flyer had been hopeful of being available for Brisbane's season opener against Manly at Suncorp Stadium on March 8 after making encouraging progress at training.

However, clean-up surgery on the horror ankle fracture he suffered in round four last March against South Sydney in Perth has all but sent Yow Yeh back to the drawing board.

Broncos coach Anthony Griffin conceded there was no short-term return in sight for the 23-year-old.

"It's just too hard to tell, he's obviously got a lot of complications," Griffin told ABC radio.

"He's back on his feet, he's in a running program.

"He's had another minor surgery the other week to clear up a bit of scar tissue, which then again sets him back a little bit but it had to be done.

"We've got our fingers crossed for him and we're really willing him along and doing everything we can, but it won't be in the short term."

Griffin said the operation was a case of short-term pain for long-term gain for Yow Yeh.

"I suppose it was something that had to happen for him to keep progressing," he said.

"With the extent of the injury he had, it wasn't an uncommon thing.

"The surgeons were not unhappy with it. It was just a clean-up that needed to free him up a little bit more.

"I'd hope that at some stage, he'd be able to play in the first half of the season, but it's very complicated.

"We just have to keep working with him and see how he goes."

As back-up for Yow Yeh, the Broncos had welcomed back winger Denan Kemp from the Dragons on a one-year second tier deal. He was a free agent after St George Illawarra decided not to re-sign him.

Meanwhile, Griffin said Broncos backrower Corey Parker was back in full training after avoiding off-season surgery on the knee complaint he suffered in 2012.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I had no expectations of him being fit for round 1.

If he gets on the field this year, I'll be thrilled.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I had no expectations of him being fit for round 1.

If he gets on the field this year, I'll be thrilled.

Such a shame for the poor bugger. I'll be stoked if he can at least play at NRL level again at this stage.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • marw
  • Pablo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spike
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.