Johns Quits as Assistant Coach!!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
ANDREW Johns has quit as assistant coach of NSW's Origin side amid a racism furore that saw winger Timana Tahu storm out of camp.

And the Blues legend has issued apologies to Tahu and Maroons centre Greg Inglis for allegedly racist comments he made last Wednesday during a Blues bonding session.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/j ... 5878751724

I know it is being discussed in the team thread. But with Johns now quitting i thought this should have its own.

Johns said: “Two nights ago while trying to talk up the match I made a disparaging comment about a member of the other team and in the process of that I referred to the colour of his skin.

Kurt Gidley's future in origin will go with it.
His lover boy Johns was the only reason he was still there.

This can only be good for NSW, Johns has no idea(I don't care how good he was as a player) and Gidley is shit.

Also Johns is a dickhead who has had far too many chances simply because he was a good player.

On that, racist comments are so not on, people need to learn that making racial slurs even if light hearted is not going to end well most times especially people who have a position where others look up to them.

At least Johns has apologised and taken action for his errors, you can only learn from your mistakes even though Johns had made a few too many.

I applaud Tahu for taking a stand as well, good on him.

All that being said QLD camp will be loving this.

broncospwn said:
On that, racist comments are so not on, people need to learn that making racial slurs even if light hearted is not going to end well most times especially people who have a position where others look up to them.

If he told someone to take out that skippy Lockyer, do you think Tahu would have quit?

OXY-351 said:
broncospwn said:

If he told someone to take out that skippy Lockyer, do you think Tahu would have quit?
What if some wog/black person in the squad said take out that skippy **** lockyer, reckon no one would have been offended?

broncospwn said:
OXY-351 said:
broncospwn said:

What if some wog/black person in the squad said take out that skippy **** lockyer, reckon no one would have been offended?

dukey said:
broncospwn said:
OXY-351 said:
broncospwn said:

Actually that sort of proves a point doesn't it?

When a black person calls another black person a nigger it's not offensive(I've seen plenty of black people speak this way to themselves, what up do, yo nigger, waddup black fella), if a wog calls another wog a wog it's not offensive, they do it all the time actually.

However if a white guy calls a black person nigger it's usually offensive and if a non-European, etc calls a wog a wog it's also usually offensive.

Proud 2 be a wog, proud to be black, wogs 4 life, face of blacks, etc

If Johns called someone a white **** many wouldn't find it offensive however if he wasn't white and he called someone a white/skippy **** many would find it offensive.

broncospwn said:
OXY-351 said:
broncospwn said:

No, I dont think they would have, cause, rightly or wrongly, whites are a majority, and no one cares when a minority is abusing a majority

OXY-351 said:
broncospwn said:
[quote="OXY-351":2vmfg2i7]
broncospwn said:

No, I dont think they would have, cause whites are a majority, and no one cares when a minority is abusing a majority[/quote:2vmfg2i7]
Well I agree with you on that point, most people seem to not care if a minority is abusing a majority, because the mindset is the big guy can take care of himself.

Seems appropriate that Rugby League's player of the century is a drug abusing, racist fuckwit.

Coxy said:
Seems appropriate that Rugby League's player of the century is a drug abusing, racist ****.

it is all ok though, he had split personality disorder!!!!

Hehe.

I still say naming him as halfback and player of the century was the most disgraceful decision in history of rugby league. As good as he was capable of playing, his history of abusing officials, teammates, drugs and now racial taunts of opposition...he's just a scumbag. Just like his brother.

Coxy said:
Hehe.

I still say naming him as halfback and player of the century was the most disgraceful decision in history of rugby league. As good as he was capable of playing, his history of abusing officials, teammates, drugs and now racial taunts of opposition...he's just a scumbag. Just like his brother.

Yeah and Darren Lockyer can't even get legitimate test matches counted(especially compared to the ARL's at the time), thats the great system and leadership Rugby League has!

Currie is a knob head but he's trying to get his name in the paper so as to get more paid gigs. His opinion is whatever you pay him to say.True douche. Tahus a sook for publicly spitting it and could have handled it privately via internal channels with the NRL/ARL/NSWRL . If he'd asked management beforehand he would have been told that the matter would be dealt with in house and not dragged the game down and , most importantly not detracted from the SOO2 game which Carr and co are most anally protective of. Instead he goes off about something which has been around since time began, will continue to be there for all eternity and although buried will never be dead.

Black people need to get a grip on reality. It's either offensive to mention a persons skin colour or not. There are either no exceptions or all exceptions, there is no middle ground. No black person should ever be allowed to call another black person by a derogatory name. The comment is racist, no if buts or maybes. However, black people think they are allowed to say it but not any other skin colour can do so, is that not racist within itself ??? !!!!

I sat at work the other day, around a big table with seven other guys when I realized I was the only white person. I exclaimed loudly,f..k me,I'm the only white c..t here, I'd better get back before any of the clan brothers spot me !!.....not one took offence, why not ?/ Because not one of them came from the same country. They did'nt feel I was being racist towards their country because each one represented a different race. Sure they were all black, in varying shades, but none took it personally because it was'nt about them individually but more a joke about our supposed differences. I was the minority.

Actually Huge, a black person calling another black person a derogatory name is not racist:

''Racism is the prejudice that members of one race are superior to members of other races. Racism is delivered in the form of discriminatory or abusive comment, or behaviour, towards members of another race.'' - wordnetweb.princeton.edu

I am not saying Andrew Johns is racist or what he said was racist, but it certainly got under Tahu's skin and offended him personally. It would have been a massive decision for him to walk away from SOO, so he was obviously extremely upset about the comments made.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • something
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Harry Sack
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.