Johns Quits as Assistant Coach!!

No, Joey isn't an immortal yet.

LOLZ, bet those knobs calling for him to be made an Immortal immediatly feel like tools right now.

Joey will need to keep his nose clean for another five years to be considered, I reckon.

Fozz said:

LOLZ, bet those knobs calling for him to be made an Immortal immediatly feel like tools right now.

Joey will need to keep his nose clean for another five years to be considered, I reckon.

He shouldn't get immortal for the same reason he shouldn't have been in the team of the century, he needed drugs to play the game to the standards that earned him the accolades, it's a slap in the face to every other player who had enough character to rise above the fame

ddd said:
Fozz said:

He shouldn't get immortal for the same reason he shouldn't have been in the team of the century, he needed drugs to play the game to the standards that earned him the accolades, it's a slap in the face to every other player who had enough character to rise above the fame

Somebody has forgotten the details of Joey's drug use.
Off field, buddy, off field.

dukey said:
ddd said:
Fozz said:

Does it really matter if it was on field or off field?? It is against the law! [icon_shru

Great players but surely his credentials as player of the century should be in question.

Bucking Beads said:
dukey said:
ddd said:
Fozz said:

Does it really matter if it was on field or off field?? It is against the law! [icon_shru

Great players but surely his credentials as player of the century should be in question.

I've highlighted the bit I was responding to, since you missed it the first time around.
I'm no fan of Johns, but he took party drugs on weekends. He's no steroid user who owes his accomplishments to chemicals.

dukey said:
Bucking Beads said:
dukey said:
ddd said:
Fozz said:

sorry missed that.

I've highlighted the bit I was responding to, since you missed it the first time around.
I'm no fan of Johns, but he took party drugs on weekends. He's no steroid user who owes his accomplishments to chemicals.

The Rock said:
Haha just saw Mal on the footy show. What. Douche bag loser. He was going on about how 26% of the Qld players that have been picked over the years were polynesian or aboriginal and he was saying how QLD pick the best possible players and it doesn't matter what skin colour you have, you will be picked if you're the best player. Then he was bragging about how Thaiday, Inglis etc have been doing work in the aboriginal community.

Wow congratulations you dumb fat curley haired fruit shop loving dipshit, do you want a Logi? Are you suggesting that NSW only pick white players? Pretty sure that's what he's suggesting going by his comments on the footy show. Idiot.

Is Mal that stupid to suggest that Tonga, Folau, Inglis and Thaiday wouldn't be in the NSW team if they were blues? Serious? Dumb as ****.

It's THESE sort of people that stuff our game. These idiot Queenslanders that have come out and openely made suggestions of racism - yep great way to promote the game.

Wow! This forum allows posts like this in a public forum.

The administrators must be either very brazen, racist or just plain dim.

dukey said:
Bucking Beads said:
dukey said:
ddd said:
Fozz said:

What I was getting at was Joey's admission that he used the drugs to deal with the pressure that came from being a superstar. This is part of being a top level athlete, as such, it helped him play the game to the level that earned him his accolades.

I never claimed he used steroids or anything, but he did use party drugs to help him be successful as an NRL superstar, otherwise, he may have washed out due to the pressure and never made it to the highest level - the impression I got from his admission that but for the chemicals he wouldn't have been able to succeed

RednBroncos said:
The Rock said:
Haha just saw Mal on the footy show. What. Douche bag loser. He was going on about how 26% of the Qld players that have been picked over the years were polynesian or aboriginal and he was saying how QLD pick the best possible players and it doesn't matter what skin colour you have, you will be picked if you're the best player. Then he was bragging about how Thaiday, Inglis etc have been doing work in the aboriginal community.

Wow congratulations you dumb fat curley haired fruit shop loving dipshit, do you want a Logi? Are you suggesting that NSW only pick white players? Pretty sure that's what he's suggesting going by his comments on the footy show. Idiot.

Is Mal that stupid to suggest that Tonga, Folau, Inglis and Thaiday wouldn't be in the NSW team if they were blues? Serious? Dumb as ****.

It's THESE sort of people that stuff our game. These idiot Queenslanders that have come out and openely made suggestions of racism - yep great way to promote the game.

Wow! This forum allows posts like this in a public forum.

The administrators must be either very brazen, racist or just plain dim.

Don't mind him that's just Shaun, he's a dick.

The Rock said:
RednBroncos, welcome to the forum! If you plan on bending over then make sure you sew your arse cheeks together if Scotty is around, I hear he loves to push the poo.

Wow, taking it a step too far right there.

The Rock said:
No shit, Johns is a racist fark but QLD love to feed on everything NSW do, they are douche bags.

Haha...dont you hate them QLDers...take things personally...very passionate about things...
I guess thats one of the big differences between our states...we are passionate and give a shit.

But seriously I dont think that its just black people that the blues are against but also short players. They have always had the idea that if a player is not a minimum of 6' then he shouldn't make the team. So someone like Presto would never get close to a sky blue jersey but I agree that he would have been picked by QLD. He fits the build for us, always taken for granted by opposition, never given much respect, plays his heart out and would die for his team.

simmo77 said:
The Rock said:
No shit, Johns is a racist fark but QLD love to feed on everything NSW do, they are douche bags.

Haha...dont you hate them QLDers...take things personally...very passionate about things...
I guess thats one of the big differences between our states...we are passionate and give a shit.

But seriously I dont think that its just black people that the blues are against but also short players. They have always had the idea that if a player is not a minimum of 6' then he shouldn't make the team. So someone like Presto would never get close to a sky blue jersey but I agree that he would have been picked by QLD. He fits the build for us, always taken for granted by opposition, never given much respect, plays his heart out and would die for his team.

Bloodnuts too - the only one they've ever picked is Wallace, maybe Monaghan, they're just so damn prejudice, plus women - sexist too, what slime - guess its the grass ceiling [icon_wink

What makes this worse is i heard after Johns comment Belly went up and asked him "Whats the deal joey?" the reply was "I got these ones cheap, 3 for $60."

ddd said:
What I was getting at was Joey's admission that he used the drugs to deal with the pressure that came from being a superstar. This is part of being a top level athlete, as such, it helped him play the game to the level that earned him his accolades.

I never claimed he used steroids or anything, but he did use party drugs to help him be successful as an NRL superstar, otherwise, he may have washed out due to the pressure and never made it to the highest level - the impression I got from his admission that but for the chemicals he wouldn't have been able to succeed

So by that reasoning, should Inglis, Slater, and Smith not be considered for such accolades due to living in Melbourne and having none of the public scrutiny and pressure that players in RL cities do?
Any reason to drag Johns down is a good one around these parts, it seems.

You're the king of shit analogies! Fact: Johns used drugs that are banned by the NRL, that are illegal, and did so systemically for years. He is a disgrace and should be ineligible for any accolades as a great of our game.

What Johns did was almost as bad as driving a car, what a tool.

Coxy said:
You're the king of shit analogies! Fact: Johns used drugs that are banned by the NRL, that are illegal, and did so systemically for years. He is a disgrace and should be ineligible for any accolades as a great of our game.

LOL.
Okay, just to put it into simple terms that you might be able to understand, let's imagine that homosexuality was still illegal in the years that Ian Roberts was playing. Should his private life and sexual preference be therefore taken into consideration in how he is judged as a player? Would you call him a disgrace in that situation?
It's precisely as performance enhancing as Joey's crimes.
If you want to bag out Johns, there are plenty of reasons to do so - shit attitude towards refs, completely overrated without the tenuous argument that somehow, his extra-curricular recreational drug use played a role in his on-field performance.
I'm of the opinion that he's not even close to being halfback of the century, but he was still a dominant player, and to imply that ecstacy was the reason he was the player he is shows not only a blinding, irrational hatred of Johns, but also a fundamental and hilarious misunderstanding of the nature of the drug itself.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Viti
  • Donald Garner
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosMan
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Spooky1013
  • Brotherdu
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Skathen
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Financeguy
  • Midean
  • RodF
  • Galah
... and 41 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.