Jordan Kahu released - Signs with Cowboys

If Kahu was the same player at any other club, and we purchased him, I dare say Broncos fans would be up in arms too.

not if we sacked our fullback 3/4 through the pre-season for being a brain dead fucking moron

Do the cowboys fans offer an alternative for fullback or just don't want Kahu??

I've heard TMM get thrown about as a fullback option or Hampton who played well there last year.

Not sure what kind of experience TMM has at fullback but I think he played a few games there last year and wasn't all that great (shaky under the high ball, didn't look the quickest on the sweep either).

Hampton was a strong runner and good under the high ball (from memory), surprisingly quick and a half in his juniors so he may have been an option.

Feldt also played one game (I think) back there and had a massive day out, but i just don't see him as a fullback... he did surprise me that day though.

Out of those options I'd think Kahu fits the game plan Green likes with his sweeping around the back and solid under the high ball, but Hampton looked pretty damn good last year as well.

I think Hampton is the option for center at the moment so potentially Kahu slots into centre if they go with Hampton at the back... or they just go with Kahu at FB.

I think Kahu has to be in their team for his goal kicking alone though... next year I can see him in super rugby though

If Kahu was the same player at any other club, and we purchased him, I dare say Broncos fans would be up in arms too.
Agree. Thing is they were caught short with Barba with season about to start.

Do the cowboys fans offer an alternative for fullback or just don't want Kahu??

I've heard TMM get thrown about as a fullback option or Hampton who played well there last year.

Not sure what kind of experience TMM has at fullback but I think he played a few games there last year and wasn't all that great (shaky under the high ball, didn't look the quickest on the sweep either).

Hampton was a strong runner and good under the high ball (from memory), surprisingly quick and a half in his juniors so he may have been an option.

Feldt also played one game (I think) back there and had a massive day out, but i just don't see him as a fullback... he did surprise me that day though.

Out of those options I'd think Kahu fits the game plan Green likes with his sweeping around the back and solid under the high ball, but Hampton looked pretty damn good last year as well.

I think Hampton is the option for center at the moment so potentially Kahu slots into centre if they go with Hampton at the back... or they just go with Kahu at FB.

I think Kahu has to be in their team for his goal kicking alone though... next year I can see him in super rugby though

Pretty good summary that.

I think their backline might look something like:

1. Hampton
2. Feldt
3. Opacic
4. That young kid whose name escapes me
5. Kahu
6. Morgan
7. Clifford

OR

1. Morgan
2. Feldt
3. Hampton
4. That kid/Opacic
5. Kahu
6. Martin
7. Clifford

Either way, I would be surprised if Kahu isn't still a winger.

1. Hampton
2. Feldt
3. Opacic
5. Kahu
6. Morgan
7. Clifford

OR

1. Morgan
2. Feldt
3. Hampton
4. That kid/Opacic
5. Kahu
6. Martin
7. Clifford

That kid is Enari Tuala.

I can't see how Kahu won't be fullback. Would make you wonder why they bought Nene McDonald if they are going to put Kahu on the wing.

That kid is Enari Tuala.

I can't see how Kahu won't be fullback. Would make you wonder why they bought Nene McDonald if they are going to put Kahu on the wing.

Goodness me, I completely forgot MacDonald. Yep, he'll certainly be a winger. Which means you're right, he will be fullback or less likely, centre.

If I were coach I'd have them line up like this

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Gideon Mosby
3. Nene McDonald
4. Enari Tuala
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Michael Morgan
7. Jake Clifford

I can't leave out Gideon.. It's killing me that they never give him a proper shot.

Would take him here at Broncs in a heart beat.

4 weeks out from kick off you lose your star signing fullback, and you manage to snare someone of Kahu's experience and ability.......and you complain about it?

Damn it if those cowboys fans aren't the living definition of morons, not sure who is

not to mention that they also now have a goal kicker that kicks at 77% instead of the 67% they were going to be stuck with ...

I have a feeling they aren't mad at Kahu being signed, they are probably still mad at losing someone of Barba's talent before even playing a single game. Kahu can be good, but nowhere near Barba's quality at his best.

not if we sacked our fullback 3/4 through the pre-season for being a brain dead fucking moron

That sort of doesn't really touch on anything.

People here would whinge if they ended up with him from another club, because the only people who think he's a level above bog average, are Broncos fans.

Last edited:

1. Hampton
2. Feldt
3. Opacic
5. Kahu
6. Morgan
7. Clifford

OR

1. Morgan
2. Feldt
3. Hampton
4. That kid/Opacic
5. Kahu
6. Martin
7. Clifford

Both options are fucking horrendous

Really? I disagree with that. I mean he is a better player than Richie Kennar and no-one was up in arms about that. Yes Kennar is a depth option and Kahu will be most likely coming into a starting spot (probably fullback) but when your fullback option lives up to his fucktard reputation in the pre-season and you have basically no option getting Kahu should be met with open arms.

Pretty rough to compare a player who hasn't made it in first grade yet. Silly argument to be comparing them until you've actually seen what he can do as a regular starter. If he's not as good as Kahu, I question why the hell he was signed.

Kennar is a decent back-up, but I wouldn't be expecting him to be around too long.

He signed a 2 year deal with the Bulldogs in 2017, requested a release after 1. Signed a 2 year deal with the Rabbitohs in 2018, requested a release after one, signed up for a 2 year Mormon mission for 2019 and requested a release after a month.

If I were coach I'd have them line up like this

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Gideon Mosby
3. Nene McDonald
4. Enari Tuala
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Michael Morgan
7. Jake Clifford

I can't leave out Gideon.. It's killing me that they never give him a proper shot.

Would take him here at Broncs in a heart beat.

Watch cowboys against us last year and you will see why Mosby isn't in their side. He gives up, doesn't have the attitude and desire to do the little things he needs in his game.

Pretty rough to compare a player who hasn't made it in first grade yet. Silly argument to be comparing them until you've actually seen what he can do as a regular starter. If he's not as good as Kahu, I question why the hell he was signed.

What? Richie Kennar hasn’t made it in first grade? He is years into his NRL career and has played at both the storm and the rabbits?

1. Hampton
2. Feldt
3. Opacic
5. Kahu
6. Morgan
7. Clifford

OR

1. Morgan
2. Feldt
3. Hampton
4. That kid/Opacic
5. Kahu
6. Martin
7. Clifford

There will be PLENTY of points going through that backline. All of their centre options apart from Opacic (who I think is seriously overrated in D) are shit defenders, and they're all pretty toothless in attack.

Tuala is the kid you're referring to. He's pretty good in attack but an absolute turnstile in the Kahu mold.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Bongo
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.