Jordan Kahu released - Signs with Cowboys

He was very important to our 2015 March to the gf. Filled in for boyd brilliantly.

Good luck, Jordy. Too good a player to be a backup, which was the likely result given Jamayne and Corey have the wing spots locked down with Roberts and Bird in the centres.

Mixed feelings on this one.
Sad to see him go. I love Jordy, he's always been the consummate clubman. Showed genuine mental toughness to succeed despite his injuries & always gave 100% for the club.

Happy to see him land a starting fullback spot. Sure, he would have been awesome depth for us, but he's far to classy to play isc!
Thank you & I wish you well Jordy.

Pitty it's the fucking cows though

Taueli (who was apparently in the top 30, I could be wrong though) gone and now Kahu.

Opens two spots in our top 30.

Are we shuffling the deck to fit someone else in, or we’ll simply elevate two existing fringe players?
I think Fensom took his spot quickly!

Like Blair it's one of those situations you can't blame him for taking. I echo the thoughts of others in that he has been a great clubman for us over the years and just seemed like the consumate professional in his approach.
The crying shame has been his terrible luck with injuries. Hopefully it's behind him now and he make the stage in his career a successful one.

Really tough guy Kahu, mentally as well as physically. He was one of my favourites during 2015-2016, you wouldn’t call his time at the Broncos tragic by any means, but it was certainly cruelled by injury and roster changes. All the best personally to Jordy, but all the worst to the Cows. I look forward to seeing him and Moose out and about this year.

This is pretty much the best possible result for everyone involved. Jordy would have been put under immense pressure to keep his spot in our backline, whereas the Cows desperation following Barba meant it was a walk up start for him up there. Not gonna stop me from referring to them as the North QLD Broncos. That'll ruffle some feathers lol

Love all the cow supporters giving it to me for their latest 'poaching' raid!! Lol 1 bloke just said we were going to be totally fucked now without Kahu in the centre. I said we should be right with Bird and Roberts. Fuckwits everywhere.

Are you serious? Scumbags don’t deserve him. That really pisses me off actually.

Yeah it was a poll on whether he should play wing or fullback. Lots of left right outs, for the blackhawks. Someone said he needed to play Qcup to prove himself - thought hes 90+ first grade games and test match experience has probably proven that he can play.

Yeah it was a poll on whether he should play wing or fullback. Lots of left right outs, for the blackhawks. Someone said he needed to play Qcup to prove himself - thought hes 90+ first grade games and test match experience has probably proven that he can play.

They are amongst the worst fans in the NRL.

He was a terrible centre but a great winger and a solid fullback cover. I would like for him to get 1 of our wing spots but it’s not to be. I wish him all the best and that he gets the fullback job at the cowboys.

He was a terrible centre but a great winger and a solid fullback cover. I would like for him to get 1 of our wing spots but it’s not to be. I wish him all the best and that he gets the fullback job at the cowboys.

Well you surprise me. You’d prefer Kahu over one of Isaako, Oates, Farnsworth, Perese, Coates, Burns, Fijian Guy and any other youngster?

Well you surprise me. You’d prefer Kahu over one of Isaako, Oates, Farnsworth, Perese, Coates, Burns, Fijian Guy and any other youngster?

It’s not that there’s isn’t great options in our side but Kahu has put in a lot of effort and and has been committed.

If Kahu was the same player at any other club, and we purchased him, I dare say Broncos fans would be up in arms too.

Really? I disagree with that. I mean he is a better player than Richie Kennar and no-one was up in arms about that. Yes Kennar is a depth option and Kahu will be most likely coming into a starting spot (probably fullback) but when your fullback option lives up to his fucktard reputation in the pre-season and you have basically no option getting Kahu should be met with open arms.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mustafur
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.