Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Re: The big Dugan discussion

What message does it send our players if we go ahead and sign a player like Dugan on what would be one of the richest deals at the club?

Only way I'd consider signing him is it was on a really strict contract and he was honest to god looking to get himself back together. Otherwise, we're not throwing away our integrity to sign a bloke who's failed to live up to his potential.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

I'm fairly certain that IF they signed him it'd be to a very strict deal.

Gagai should be a warning to all our boys about what can happen if you stuff up.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

we will re-sign norman on 350-400k. you all know its going to happen.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Well, this escalated quickly. LOL

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Heard on the radio earlier that the Broncos are indeed interested in Dugan, and have requested information on his other off-field issues.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Voting no. No NSWankers, and I'm still supporting Bond getting a shot, so sue me.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Would be interesting to see what happens if we ended up keeping Norman and signing Dugan. We should be able to afford that if we wanted to. Also how would Hoffman feel given his preferred position is fullback. Not that I care though because I think Hoffman is best suited to wing or centre.

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009

At the end of the day its a business. It has to be run smart. Any of you out there that runs a business will agree that if you were running average for this quarter/year (whatever) and an employee became available who had some differences with his previous employers but could (by the opinion of lots of industry experts) be a real game breaker in terms of revenue/ success AND you could afford him you would be crazy not to bring him aboard albeit with certain caveats he will have to agree to.
For us to not even attempt to hire him would be a sign we a being run by a bunch of blinkered fools who will ruin this great club.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

I can't believe the coach is even considering signing a bloke like Dugan. And to make him one of the highest paid at the club as well. What a joke

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

I would be fucked if we offered Dugan 650 grand which apparently is what the Dragons offered him. I would offer him 450k at the most.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

If he really wants to turn over a new leaf and join the Broncos.. then he should be on the minimum salary of 75k.

SSS

SSS

NYC Player
Mar 11, 2008
The big Dugan discussion

If he really wants to turn over a new leaf and join the Broncos.. then he should be on the minimum salary of 75k.

I for one am super glad your not involved in recruitment for the broncos. You do realise just saying you don't want him at the club would have done the job.

Offending players with ridiculous offers would do our club (which is currently struggling to attract quality players) more harm than good.

Active Now

• theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jedhead
  • vnrizz
  • Aldo
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.