Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Re: The big Dugan discussion

Of course Mundine's a good bloke when your favourite player is involved :scared:
So I'll ask the question again, besides his shit talking to the media to garner publicity what do you dislike about Mundine? He's not a criminal, just a shit talker. That's enough to hate him but he is nothing like what he says in public with his mates.

Now Greg Bird... He says all the right things in front of camera but I have no respect for the guy.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Yelp, hypocrites. The players will be alienated by the decision
How so?

Gagai fucked up, got let go by his current club another club picks him up and he cleans up his act.
Dugan fucked up, got let go by Canberra and we'll most likely pick him and he will clean up his act.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Why are we talking about Anthony Mundine in the Dugan thread FFS?

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

Not this FFS business again

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

i dont think people are grasping the difference between gagai and dugan.

gagai broke the BRONCOS rules and was kicked out.
dugan hasnt broken any BRONCOS rules. if we sign him and he does, he'll be kicked like gagai.

nothing hypocritical about it.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

dugan hasnt broken any BRONCOS rules. if we sign him and he does, he'll be kicked like gagai.

Exactly.

It would be like saying McDonalds are hypocrites for signing anyone who been fired from another fast food chain.
All they need to do is be sure said person is not going to make the mistake and take chance and sign 'em up.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Exactly!

What it comes down to is this. Gagai needed to get booted out to realise he needed to fix his attitude, it's the exact same as Dugan. People can whinge as much as they want about poor little Dane but if he stayed he never would have fixed his attitude. Can we stop derailing every thread about gagai now?

Btw, if the players have a sook about it (which I doubt they will) guess what the can take their overpaid asses elsewhere and give us back the cap space we apparently don't have

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I think the way to frame it when talking to the players is that Gagai had some issues that he simply wasn't going to resolve without change, and that it's good that the Knights were there to provide that opportunity. Doesn't Dugan deserve the same?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Not this FFS business again

Oh, yes it is. Final warning - keep this thread on-topic and about Josh Dugan joining the Broncos, not how Justin Hodges hangs out with Anthony Mundine. Goes for everyone.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

Nah.
Lets pay 2.4 million over 3 years for a bloke who was sacked by his club. Since when have the broncos rewarded players for being tossers

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

If we want sign Dugan put him on the minimum salary and make the **** earn it

Last edited by a moderator:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I don't rate Dugan as highly as everyone else seems to on this forum, but he's better than any of our other backs (other than Hodges I guess), and us actively going after a better player rather than a nuffie is surely a step in the right direction. Maybe if he screws up, we could take another step and go for someone like Tomkins or something.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

im pretty confident we will sort him out.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

What about the culture and all that nice stuff the coach has been trying to set the last few years?
Signing Dugan goes against all that :(

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

i'm sure if dugan breaks rules he'll cop the same wrath as anyone else that has in the past.

the contract would certainly allow us to punt him for any wrong doing without having to pay him out. and he would know that.

Last edited:
ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013

Jeez if GI hadn't baled on the deal we wouldn't even be having this discussion ... let's get JD signed and get to work on him ... get the green out and inject the maroon 'n gold in.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Jeez if GI hadn't baled on the deal we wouldn't even be having this discussion ... let's get JD signed and get to work on him ... get the green out and inject the maroon 'n gold in.

Spot on. Get him signed up before the rain starts, in fact don't let him leave brisbane

Unread

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Scdeac
  • Manlyman
  • Howie
  • broncos4life
  • Alec
  • Old Mate
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
  • Xzei
  • Dexter
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.